My kit! (This will be good for a laugh)

Pearl, Tama, Yamaha, DW, Ludwig, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
masonvonritchie
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:38 am
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

Post Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:39 pm

I live in Dallas but I'm stationed in San Diego, so needless to say, my kit isn't out here so here's my temporary "drum set"

Image
WANTED: Tama Starclassic B/B!

Pacific CX Series kit
Pork Pie Little Squealer 13x7
Zildjian A Customs, Z custom
Wuhan China
DW5002AD
User avatar
drummert2k
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1102
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:48 am
Location: Northumberland, PA

Post Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:55 pm

Mic that up and your ready to hit the stage. By the way, i've been looking into buying one of the Heavy Hitters pads you have there (thats what it looks like, sorry if im wrong) how do you like it? worth the investment as opposed to other pads?
User avatar
Johnny Cat
session drummer
session drummer
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:24 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Post Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:16 am

masonvonritchie wrote:I live in Dallas but I'm stationed in San Diego, so needless to say, my kit isn't out here so here's my temporary "drum set"

Image


Hey man whatever works. At least you've got something to use. :)
Tama Rockstar Custom 10-Pc
Paiste and Sabian cymbals
Tama "RoadPro" Hardware
Axis "X" Longboard Pedals
Regal Tip "Jazz E" and Promark "Elvin Jones" and "747" Drumsticks
Regal Tip "Ed Thigpen" Brushes
Remo and Evans Drumheads
User avatar
Scott_Hurford
session drummer
session drummer
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:47 am
Location: Swansea, Wales

Post Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:15 am

as long as you can practice :D and plus its silent i guess, so thts makes you able to practice all day if u want 8)
Tama/Zildjian/Remo/Vater
www.myspace.com/scotthurford
Image
Image
User avatar
masonvonritchie
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:38 am
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

Post Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:24 am

drummert2k wrote:Mic that up and your ready to hit the stage. By the way, i've been looking into buying one of the Heavy Hitters pads you have there (thats what it looks like, sorry if im wrong) how do you like it? worth the investment as opposed to other pads?


You're right, it's the heavy hitter. I love that pad. It has the closest to real feel I've experienced with pads. The only thing is that for a "silent" practice pad, it's actually kind of loud. But I would recommend that over any other pad any day.
WANTED: Tama Starclassic B/B!

Pacific CX Series kit
Pork Pie Little Squealer 13x7
Zildjian A Customs, Z custom
Wuhan China
DW5002AD
User avatar
zen_drummer
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1898
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:17 pm
Location: Rochester NY

Post Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:19 am

masonvonritchie wrote:You're right, it's the heavy hitter. I love that pad. It has the closest to real feel I've experienced with pads. The only thing is that for a "silent" practice pad, it's actually kind of loud. But I would recommend that over any other pad any day.


It's not as loud as a remo.... Those suckers project about a block and a half... "tappa tappa tap tap, tappa tappa tap tap" It's enough to drive a room-mate crazy.
Image
RimShot2100GP
beginner
beginner
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:17 am
Location: Richland, Wa

Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:28 pm

when you say stationed you mean in the military? if so i want to thank you for your service, and in regards to the "set" its pretty chill, i bet your room mate likes it, nice and quiet
Pulse
Remo
Ludwig
Zildjian
Gibraltar
Vic Firth