Whos your favorite pro drummer?

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

miffell
new
new

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:24 pm

i have to say johnny rabb... the one handed rolls are insane... altho i do like thomas lang and benny greb also....
Gaddabout
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:30 pm

I've seen just about all the clinician guys, and Vinnie remains at the top of my list of "wow" factor. He's got all the chops of the math drummers, but his understanding of music and ability to hear subdivisions out to the 64th note ... he's just exists in an entirely separate musical planet than anyone else. I think he's our generation's Tony Williams.
Flatliner
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:39 pm

Neil Peart, I know a million poeple are gonna disagree with me hear, but I truly belive he's the most musical drummer out there. A lot of poeple think he over plays or is too stiff or have a problem with his personal life (which shouldn't factor in to how you percieve someone's music) but I have all the rush albums (literally all of them even greatest hits albums for which I have the albums the songs come from) and I am just amazed not by his chops or flashyness, but how everything he does improves the music and enhances what is gong on in the song, and I love those fills that seem to follow the bass lines note for note.
M.U.S.I.C.- Make up something interesting and complementary- Neil Peart

Without music, Life would be an error- Friedrich Nietzsche
NCdrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:23 am

^I agree. Peart is also my favorite, though I, like many others, have a long list of favorites.
Ludwig Drums
Sabian Cymbals
Zildjian Dip Series sticks

http://www.myspace.com/eddiewan
markt36264
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:12 pm

Carter B.