Whos your favorite pro drummer?

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

huijibo
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:48 am

hmm...in a band id say Travis Barker.

Solo-ist id say Steve Gadd
Dont be n00b
laterZZ
Satori
new
new

Post Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:32 am

Hey everyone,
I've only been reading these posts for about a week now. Sounds like there are a lot of experienced drummers here with many different styles and one thing in common..a love of drumming.
On this thread, many good names coming up..but how can you not list Bill Bruford? I'm a guitarist/drummer. I started playing late in life and right now i'm not able to play drums at all due to surgeries on my feet, but I still love them and wish I could get behind my kit and thrash.
Dale
session drummer
session drummer

Post Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:46 am

Satori wrote:Hey everyone,
I've only been reading these posts for about a week now. Sounds like there are a lot of experienced drummers here with many different styles and one thing in common..a love of drumming.
On this thread, many good names coming up..but how can you not list Bill Bruford? I'm a guitarist/drummer. I started playing late in life and right now i'm not able to play drums at all due to surgeries on my feet, but I still love them and wish I could get behind my kit and thrash.

Welcome Satori. When I saw your name I thought, "I wonder if he's named Bruford?" Satori in Tangere is a great track.

You might like to check out the January issue of Rhythm, Mike Portnoy interviews Bruford. He's one of my favourites as well. I've been lucky to have corresponded with him over the years.
I don't know what I'm talking about!

"Don't play FOR people. Play WITH people."
- Papa Jo Jones
Coultas
new
new

Post Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:21 am

Too many to name, Lang, Donati, Gadd, Gavin Harrison, Carter Beauford, the list goes on and on, impossible to narrow it down to just one drummer
Sonor Force 3005 series drums (9 piece)
Yamaha SD3455 alluminum Snare
Pearl Chrome Snare
Sonor Maple Snare
Sabian HH and AA series Cymbols
Pearl Eliminator Twin Pedal (belt)
Sonor/Gibralter Hardware
Evans Genera G2 coated heads
Calbanese
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:53 pm

Being the classic rock lover that I am, I guess my favorite drummers would be, in no particular order

Keith Moon, John Bonham, Steve Ferrone, Mitch Mitchell, and Miles Heskett, and even Ginger Baker makes my favorites list.
kit: Pearl Export
cymbs: Zildjian | Sabian
sticks: Vic Firth | Zildjian | Vater
'ware: Pearl
Satori
new
new

Post Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:17 pm

Welcome Satori. When I saw your name I thought, "I wonder if he's named Bruford?" Satori in Tangere is a great track.

Thanks for the welcome Dale. Actually, I'm a girlie girl drummer..and Satori is the name I use online. Look forward to reading more here.
Tgaff08
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:27 pm

Hello? John Henry Bonham is my all time fav. replace him with anyone elese and led zeppelin would not have been anything. with a right foot quicker than lightning you cant over look Bonham
Gaff

Coppell Drums

Pacific Drums by DW
Sabian
Remo
Vic Firth
TamaSwngstr121
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:43 pm

Im fascinated by Danny Carey at the moment, i love the odd time signatures he plays in
The.Vex
new
new

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:56 am

Derek Roddy
travbark98
new
new

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:10 am

John Bonham

Travis Barker

Chad Smith
TAMA drums
Zildjian cymbals
Pearl hardware
Iron Cobra double pedal
Evans heads
will_weathers
new
new

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:17 am

Steve Smith is THE best drummer of our time! He is very well rounded and his techniques are immpressive! Id also have to give mad props to John Bonham, because is probably the godfather of the rock groove. Fuck tavis barker and joey jordison, if it werent for Bonham, they certainly wouldnt be who they are today! Marco Minnemmin is another drummer to check out! He has RIDICULOUS independence, probably the most immpressive that Ive ever seen! And to finish up, a rock band thats active right now with a good drummer is Pillar! You might not like their music, but I think Lester Estelle jr., their drummer, is really underrated! He has obviously had a background in gosple music, which you can clearly see in the harder rock music that they play! Its very intriguing! So check him out for yourself @ www.lesterdrums.com. Thats all I have to say! so make music not war and I'll see you homos later!
???????
Uwarricore
new
new

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:50 am

I havent seen to many,, derek roddy's or jason bitter's so i had to cut them some credit..
veklynvhyz
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:25 pm

i cant believe i havent seen Stuart Copeland mentioned yet, hes a phenominal drummer and has great techniques, but another of my fav drummers would be chad smith, dave weckyl, and steve gadd
jbreshears
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:02 pm

There are just so many at the top i would have to sayBuddy Rich, Rodney Holmes,Keith Moon, John Bonham,Steve Gadd,Mike Pourtney,Steve Smith, Virgil Donati,Tony Royster jr, Gene Krupa,Keith Carlock,Danny Carey, Jo JO Mayer...Just to name a few
Always question reality
Pac tink
new
new

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:13 pm

I love alex vanhalen...just because well i was named after that band and he gave a bunch of free stuff at his concert....lol...not to mention hes wicked fast
You look like a frekin monkey...