Do you warm up before getting on stage? How?

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

Waylon
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:28 am

Oh, I also try to remember to strtetch my legs and arms. Mostly though I spend time on the pad to get in the mindset required to play the music and let the music play me. THere is nothing like that pre-gig feeling and it's important. I don't imbibe usually till later.
Drumn4life, Drumn4life,Drumn4life,Drumn4life,
Drumn4life, Drumn4life, Drumn4life
thunderkiss65
new
new

Post Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:54 pm

When time permits. It really sucks when you have an interview, photo shoot and video crew all at the same show and everyone is like "hey we need ya over here". Warmup before a show at this stage of the game is a luxury.
Rhoda J. Ashley
new
new

Post Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:34 pm

Uh yeah, I usually do a double shot of JD. It loosens me up fantastically! :D
...when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace...

jimi hendrix
AugustHouseDrums
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:53 am

I stretch a lot, and I work through some rudiments on a padded chair with the butt end of the stick. Usually just double stroke rolls, paradiddles, and swiss triplets. I like using a chair with padding and the butt end of the stick to make the sticks feel light when i get on stage.
Waylon
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:17 am

"When time permits. It really sucks when you have an interview, photo shoot and video crew all at the same show and everyone is like "hey we need ya over here". Warmup before a show at this stage of the game is a luxury."

I'd trade that for warming up any day because it sounds like success. I wish I had that problem!!
www.scotaylor.com
Way
Drumn4life, Drumn4life,Drumn4life,Drumn4life,
Drumn4life, Drumn4life, Drumn4life