No votes
Other
3%

Total votes: 31
Alcyon
session drummer
session drummer

Post Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:09 pm

I love my Ahead Lars Ulrichs, but I need to use them with griptape otherwise I lose them all the time, so Vater tape is really nice.
clatterdrums
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:13 am

Alcyon wrote:I love my Ahead Lars Ulrichs, but I need to use them with griptape otherwise I lose them all the time, so Vater tape is really nice.

I use the Ahead stick wrap for the same reason. Is the Vater reusable? Most of the time I'll go through two sleeves before I have to put on new wrap.
druminzeetobaccofade
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:46 am

Wood is the only way to go for me, 5B Promark Natural. I use these because they give me better grip (due to the milled feel of the wood), and are lighter than most sticks that are this thick.

Wood all the way!
I'm in a metal band out of Oklahoma, stop by if your interrested in checking it out..

www.myspace.com/against72

Noble & Cooley (www.noblecooley.com)

Trick pedals (www.trickdrums.com)
mattkinel
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:19 pm

I live in Needham, MA and Vic Firth sticks are made one town over in Dedham. I use the Vics because the wood is freshest, because theres less time between factory and my hands. The sticks are better quality, more durable because there not an old brittle wood. Because im 6' 2" with big hands, I cant use super skinny sticks, 5a/b are the thinnest I can use, the 7's just slip through my hands and Ide have to use a grip of death to keep em from flying. My personal preference are the Buddy Rich sticks. They are long 5's with a bigger sholder, so more sound out of crashes. Usally I dont like coated sticks, I tried Gadd sticks and they turned my cymbals black. The Buddy Rich coating is differnt tho, its not as thick a coating and It hasnt left a mark on the cymbal yet. The tip is also nice because its one solid piece with the sholder, so I dont have the wood tips breaking on me as much.
-Matt Kinel

Vintage Ludwig Stainless Steel Bonham Set
Paiste Giant Beats and 2002 Cymbals
Vintage Ludwig Hercules and Atlas Hardware
Speed King Pedal, Supraphonic Snare
Remo Heads, Coated