18" Bass Drum

Pearl, Tama, Yamaha, DW, Ludwig, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Marki
new
new

Post Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:59 am

Anybody use one? If so what type of head, tension, muffling etc. do you use??
juNgle beatZ
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:34 am

I'd love to have one :) I saw some advices about tuning on www.Jojomayer.com maybe it will help you
revese eNgineeRinG
Jaki
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:24 pm

I have 2 18inch kick drums ( same kit ) and they are stunningly sounding... diff heads give diff sounds... i recommend Evans, Hydraulics for metal
Brazilian Drummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:28 pm

I got a 16 x 15 bass, I use a white emp. on the batter and ambasadors on the reso side.
it sounds awsome. for muffling I jsut put a small pillow that touches both heads, and teh tention is a medium tention .. nao too loose not to tight.

for a micking situation. if I have a head with a mike hole I put teh mic in front of the hole it my reso head is solid with no hole I put the mic in front of the bater head just like if I were miking a flor tom, but the mic is alwais on a stand , never atached to the drum itself
Mainiacdrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:16 pm

Jaki wrote:I have 2 18inch kick drums ( same kit ) and they are stunningly sounding... diff heads give diff sounds... i recommend Evans, Hydraulics for metal

i have a 24in bass drum with hydruaoqwer0qcs on them and there really nice. i have them on all of the toms too but ehh there not too good on them
Shalaq
session drummer
session drummer

Post Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:45 am

I want to convert my 18x16 floor tom to a kick drum in the future using the Pearl JG-16 converter. What you think will hold the drum better- The ISS or Optimounts?
Mapex, Istanbul Agop, Attack, Vater/O4D.
I want an endorsement :)
Quick link to the search engine:
http://www.drumsmylife.com/search.php
zen_drummer
groove master
groove master

Post Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:54 pm

I've got a Gretsch kit with an 18" kick... it's a great bebop kit!

My son has a really sweet kit that was made by Buzz King, it's got an 18" maple kick, 10 and 12" toms and a 14" floor tom... sounds incredible! (He might be selling it if anybody is interested)
Jaki
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:32 am

i use 2 22 x 18i kick drums.. ( triggerd ) I just make sure the resonating head ( front ) has a crazy picture on and the attack head ( where the beaters hits ) a really nice really one.. Evans coasted, orrrrr the kick drum heads i've come across are the basic mapex vx heads that come with a mapex kit i think there better than anyother head i've used so far.. not sound wise but just to play.. you can drive a beater into it as hard as you want and . wow .. brb cream
Pure Deaththrash