Xfactor E- Drums

Roland TD, Yamaha DTX, Alesis DM5, Simmson etc. All about electronic drum sets.

Moderator: Moderators

Xfactor
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:51 pm

loop wrote:I think that small size of an E-kit is one of its main advantages. Think about that :)

Well that is certainly one advantage, Although It was never a factor when I bought my first e-kit. I feel that the fact that I can have a perfectly sampled maple kit one song and a birch kit the next song and a set of timbalas after that ..ect ect is far more of a benifit to me than the size. But then again thats just me. I did a little homework and found out that it would cost somewhere around $875,000- 1mil. dollars to buy each of the sampled items (kits and percussion) in the TD-8 drum module. This would depend on the quality you purchased of course. But if you then talk about moving all this equipment...then E-drums no matter what size are definately portable compared to the alternative. :) Thanks for the input.
chris
new
new

Post Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:01 am

I've been useing roland drums for recording, and think they sound great quick set up, saves on studio time, no mics, no time spent on tuming,

my acoustic set is a GMS the grand master series. 6-piece ,
Xfactor
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:14 pm

chris wrote:I've been useing roland drums for recording, and think they sound great quick set up, saves on studio time, no mics, no time spent on tuming,

my acoustic set is a GMS the grand master series. 6-piece ,

Hey, I really liked the GMS I played once. Nice kits. I suppose if i ever went back to acoustic I would most likely choose an Orion Mapex kit. Thanks for the input.
Scott_Hurford
session drummer
session drummer

Post Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:34 pm

Xfactor wrote:Would it be possible for you to itemise your list of questions you want answered? I've read this post a few times and remain confused.

Sure sorry for the conffusion. Her aare some basic question I am hoping to get answered.

1. If you played E-drums would you like the ability to customize them in the same manner as you would and acoustic kit?
2. Do you feel the look of an acoustic kit is more appealing than the look of current E-Drum kits?
3. Would you consider the look for the current E-Drum kits a draw back to your choice to purchase(if you were consdiering to do so)?
4. If you have ever played and e-drum kit did it was unfamiliar or uncomfortable when you sat behind it?
5. Do you feel more comfortable behind an acoustic kit than and e-drum kit?
6.What do you think of a floating e-drum trigger that would eliminate the triggering you get when the rack, drum shell or drum stand is struck?
What are your main reassons you would NOT buy an e-drum kit?
7.What are your main reassons you WOULD buy an e-drum kit?
8.What things would you change to the current market e-drum kits if you could?

Thats the bulk of the questions i wouls like answered. But please feel free to openly coment on any thing you feel is related. thank you

Answers;

1. yes the ability to customize an e kit would be very benificial, you could go into more depth of your purchase.

2. the look of an acoustic drum cannot be beaten in my opinion, but if an E-kit could be made into the same shapeand look as an acoustic kit, tht would make a huge difference into me interests of e-kits.

3. when i see e-kits availiable for purchase in my local music shop, they dont appeal to me at all, if i was to purchase one, the look of one may put me off.

4. they are just a comfortable as acoustic kits in my opinion :) the only difference is size and positioning.

5. acoustic kits just feel right to me, e-kits seem a bit weak to me, however, saying tht i love the sounds they can produce, especially the classic 80's snare sound you can get outa them :)

6. the reasons i wouldnt buy an e-kit would be ; their to weak to me compared to an acoustic. you can position them the same as a normal kit. most e-kits dont look to easy on the eyes

7. the reasons i would buy an e-kit would be; they are very compatable. easy transportable. can be played in quite condisions

8. i would make them look better, if you could make one tht looks like a top quality acoustic kit but has the sound and features of an e-kit, then i would consider buying one.
as far as sound quality goes, e-kits sound gr8.

Hope that answers some of your questions. i hope thts helped in some ways...
Good Luck with the E-kits. you have my support.

~Scott~
Tama/Zildjian/Remo/Vater
www.myspace.com/scotthurford