[NWCrusher]

You have a Kit that You're proud of it? We want to see it!

Moderator: Moderators

NWCrusher
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:37 am

I believe I've posted pics before, but I just was given this photo, so I figured I'd throw it out. The first shot is dark, but does show the configuration.

This set is a bit excessive for clubs, but helps eccentuate my visual side, and provides a few extra voices without total overkill. Two kicks, two floors, rack in the center, and rack on my left, w/ rotos over that left rack for the tritom effect.

While I am partial to the double pedal, I do like to break my set down to "Bonham style", and certainly is easier to transport.

12,13,16,18, snare (alternates brands), and an 18 by 22 kick, maple shells, with a very thin mylar wrap, that I wrapped myself. Primarily Sabian cymbals, with a set of Ziljian 13 in hats (as secondary), and a Ziljian splash. Everything else is Sabian, except the gong (Ebay find :lol: ) I occassionally use rototoms if I feel the need.
Berk
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:59 am

Oh my. Double Bass kit with a single rack tom. Hxc.
www.myspace.com/gymclassloser
www.musicianforums.com

"Have Another Drink And Drive Yourself Home, And You Can Think Of Me When You Forget Your Seatbelt".
loop
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:17 am

Nice pic! Am I right to think that your setup is influenced by Danny Carey?
dim my eyes if they should compromise
jofisette
new
new

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:33 pm

its a kinda mix between Neil Peart , John Bonham and Mike Portnoy...
nice setup !
NWCrusher
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:26 pm

loop wrote:Nice pic! Am I right to think that your setup is influenced by Danny Carey?

Negative. I never set up to immitate anyone, I just try different configurations with the gear I have to keep me on my toes, and try to be visual.