ChinnY wrote:i think meinel are quite good

Wrong topic dude, this for Zildjian :D

Yeah, get the hell outta here, dude! :lol:
ImageImageImage
masonvonritchie
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:20 pm

I'm a big fan of the K and A custom series. I started out with ZBT's until they cracked. I also have an old zildjian ride.. not sure what year or series but it's been hit by a truck (literally) and still plays like a dream.
WANTED: Tama Starclassic B/B!

Pacific CX Series kit
Pork Pie Little Squealer 13x7
Zildjian A Customs, Z custom
Wuhan China
DW5002AD
bamBam
new
new

Post Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:33 pm

I agree that Zildjians's, Sabian's and Paiste's are all great.
I primarily use Sabian's, but that just happened by defult.
But have to tell you, (which will sound crazy!) the first cymbal i ever got. (i was 6yrs old)...and it was a Royce. (in theory, the worst ever) over the last 30 years, i still have it and is a part of my kit!!!...
over sooo much time it is sooo wrecked that it developed this real kinda muted, crazy beautiful sound!! It almost doesn't sound real... i charish this cymbal and would give em all up for this one...u never know what you're going to get, i guess.
etw487
new
new

Post Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:46 pm

Only a few of the Zildjian lines are worth fooling with. The A custom and K custom are the ones that sound good. But if you find some old New Beat hi hats those sound good too. if you are looking for a nice sounding cymbal that is cheap stick to the Sabian XS series. Low end zildjian cymbals are junk. Also, the Zildjian Z series works best when using it as a pizza pan.
messeduplefty
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:48 pm

Love Zildjians! Incredible sounds! K Custom Sessions Crashes with A Custom crashes all the way! Oh, and some the Zxt splashes are AWSOME.
The only negative thing i can say about Zildjians are the lack of sizes in the K Custom Session sizes =(
bdadrummer
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:30 pm

ZILDJAIN . . all the way
Peace Drums
Peace Pedals
Zildjian Cymbals
Peace Sticks
Peace Heads

I Would LOVE An Endorsement
Sanady361
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:45 pm

I play all Zildjian... always will... never liked the sound off Sabian or Paiste.... except I wish Zildjian would come out with a line like the Paiste custome series that were all Black... it'd match my kit so nice. :-)

From my K Custom Flat Ride, to my 16" A Fast Crash, down to my 14" A' Mastersound hats.... with the exception of the one piece that I will never give up.. my 10" Wuhan splash... what other cymbal can you get for $10 and it sounds decent? LoL... :-)

Image[/img]
DreamT
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:23 pm

I have a set of 14" Mastersound HiHats and love them. The 18" K Dark medium thin crash is my all time favorite but the A custom crashes just can't stand up to my hard hitting. I've had three of them and none of them lasted for more than 6 months. They sound great but i just can't afford to replace them all the time.
AlcalaProject
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:52 pm

I been sticking to Zildjians ever since I bought my first Avedis cymabls back in the late 80's. I have purchased various sizes of Avedis cymbals and to this date the Avedis line is still the best overall and have a wide range of sounds and sizes........The lower end cymbals they offer are not really worth buying unless you don't have the cash but the small ZXT's splashes aren't too bad....
Sabian "Paragon's" totally suck! Save your money, if any body wants to trade me for some Avedis cymbals please let me know...I have just purchased a K Custom Dark ride that I'm still breaking in, but its still growing on me....As for the other brands I haven't used any of them........
quikstang2
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:42 am

Personally, the K Custom Darks are the way to go, and an A Ping ride. Expensive as hell, but I love them. I want to hear some of the dark versions now though.

For the heavier music I play the Sabian XS20 line seems to be the best deal though.
8-piece Mapex Vx
5-piece Premier 1960s vintage

custom vintage Mapex 5-piece (for sale)
RSmith
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:26 pm

I'm sure had any music store had Paistes I would have gone with them but Zildjian ran supreme around here and even though I did recently bought a K Hybrid and a A Medium Thin Crash (19 and 18 inch), I do find that the early 80s zildjians had a monsterous crash to them and they sound great on the concert recordings that I did. So I tend to go with those classic A Zildjian years (late 70s,early 80s) when it comes to the choice of cymbals that i use.

BTW, I still have the Z Zildjian Light Power Crash 18 inch cymbal that I bought back in 85. Sounds good recordingwise, but playing live it had a overpowering crash that clashed with guitars, but it hasn't cracked.

And of course, Smith/ Zildjian meaning cymbal smith...makes a lotta sense ;-)
dugdrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:23 pm

i'm all zildjan cept for my ride(sabian aax)

14" 1953 new beats
16" a custom fast crash
16"&17" a custom projection crashes
8"&10" avedis zildjan extra thin crashes

i really want a k dark thin crash :D maybe a 15"
drummer for HEY YOU a tribute t pink floyd!

hug it out bitch!
Animal
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:04 am

dugdrummer wrote:i'm all zildjan cept for my ride(sabian aax)

14" 1953 new beats
16" a custom fast crash
16"&17" a custom projection crashes
8"&10" avedis zildjan extra thin crashes

i really want a k dark thin crash :D maybe a 15"

Good choice;

I have a 14" and a 16" K dark Crash, and allthough I love the sound, the 14" is a bit "weak" soundwise, whilst the 16" is exellent!

I'm sure you won't be disappointed!
ImageImageImage
Will
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:06 pm

I love my Zildjians!

I'm always getting compliments on how my cymbals sound :D
Rob Crisp
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:55 pm

I love em!

I oplay all Zildjian right now and have never had any issues at all!

I love the sound of A Customs crashes!