Sabian- yes? no?

Where to buy, how to cleaning etc...

Moderator: Moderators

devilspain
session drummer
session drummer

Post Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:35 pm

so far alot of cymbals i own are in the sabian AAX range. decent priced and they sound good.

whats your pros and cons for SABIAN??

what range do you play? have you found a great sound of a cheaper range in sabian?

whats your FAV SABIAN cymbal? whats your worst buy? etc etc.
Mapex Saturn Series Drums
TRX Cymbals
DW9000 Pedals
Pearl Rack
Vic Firth Sticks
Remo Heads

http://www.myspace.com/devilspain
http://www.myspace.com/masteranddog
http://www.masteranddog.com
Animal
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:47 am

What can I say?

Zildjians's, Sabibian's or Paiste's are ALL good cymbals!

I could play ANY of those, but I have ended up on (mainly) Zildjian's.

I started out with Paiste cymbals, and I loved the sound, Especially of the 602 Formula ride cymbal I had then, and obviously any 2002 cymbal.

Then I swapped to Zildjian's. The main reason was, I bought some 8-10 cymbals at the same time (around 1985), and Zildjian's were then the best bargain, and also the largest catalogue of different cymbals.

Sabian's were really expensive (at least in Norway) at the time, so it really came down do random choice, all though I loved the sound of Zildjian's then and still do.

But you can't go wrong really, with any of those brands!
ImageImageImage
NWCrusher
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:38 am

I prefer Sabians. They have a clean sound to my ears, and they're durability factor works well for me also. I'm not partial to they're splash cymbals, but that's my only grievance.
prl_drmer_08
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:23 pm

I play all sabian B8's. I'm looking to trade all of them in for the sabian AA-metal-X to put all the way around my kit.
Shaggy
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:00 pm

I play Sabian AA metal X's and AAX's. Sweet cymbals man. I prefer Sabians because they're "softer" cymbals. Meaning they give a bit more, bend more. Also, they're pretty cheap.
Brian L
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:30 pm

I like to have differnent brands, Zildjian, Sabian, Paiste. So far I like the Zildjian crashes the best. I like Sabians effect cymbals like their splashes and chinas. I dont know much about Paiste, I just want to try the 2002s, and maybe the alpha series one day. My favorite sabian so far is my Sabian AAX-xcelerator hats.
2008 Pearl Forum(black)
Ddrum s2 maple snare(black fade)
Remo Coated Emperor snare head
Remo Pinstripes
Evans Emad 2
Tama Road Pro Pedals
Zildjian crashes
Sabian high hat and ride
PDP/Pearl hardware
FelterSkelter
session drummer
session drummer

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:56 pm

devilspain wrote:so far alot of cymbals i own are in the sabian AAX range. decent priced and they sound good.

whats your pros and cons for SABIAN??

what range do you play? have you found a great sound of a cheaper range in sabian?

whats your FAV SABIAN cymbal? whats your worst buy? etc etc.

I have AA hats and Crash and HH Ride. I checked out the XS20 line at the store and I must say that if they had those when I started playing I would've taken them in a second over the B8 and B8Pro. Great sounding cymbals and affordable.
xrftsx
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:02 pm

well right now im mainly a sabian guy. just cause i have the aa metal ride and an 18" sabian aax crash. i like the sabains cause they are more of a heavy sound which fits my bands style. but yet again i also really love the zildjian orental china over the sabain aax china.
right now im useing ther following

13" a custom hats
18"z custom crash
18"aa metal crash
20"aa metal ride.
16"oreintal china
Colten
4 piece Risen kit
dw hardware
zildjian and sabian cymbals
xdoseonex
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:18 pm

i ive a sabian aax's. one of my favorite lines
Proud to endorse TRICK Percussion
dwtoast72
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:11 am

the great thing about sabian is that each line is verrrry distinct from the others...... Easy to pick was right for your sound
SGarrett

Post Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:33 pm

I play AA, AAX, and HHX. I love the tones. I'm thinking about getting a 16" and 19" HHX-Plosion to replace the AAX-Plosions I have of the same size. When the HHX-Plosion was still a prototype the West Coast Sabian rep was selling me their good points, then he showed me exactly how flexible these cymbals are. He literally made a taco out of an 18", making the edges touch each other, and the damn thing still sounded great afterward.
"If the goal is for me to give up my reality for your reality, then the goal is for me to give up my self for your self--a goal I have to reject."
AnAngryBlackGentlman
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:04 pm

ive been a SABIAN man from the very start. ive tried other stuff but i keep coming back to sabian. The only company that ever came close was Paiste, but we dont have paiste or meinl dealers way down here.Even if i wanted to switch to paiste i couldnt. paiste just doesnt have much variety.

Fave cymbal: AA Regular hats. GREATEST Grunge/punk hats ive ever heard

Worst buy: AAX Metal crash 18". Its not bad, its just it only sounds "right" after a big solo or something, so i use it mainly as a crash/ride
MrPowerRide
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:35 pm

best buy....aax stage hats
worst buy....metal x ride

all companies make quality stuff...always preference is involved and how we come to that changes by person. i played paiste for 26 years straight. i have strayed, for many reasons. im all zildjian right now, going all saluda in the next couple weeks. i went all sabian a couple times, love their aa rock hihats, aax stage hats, aa rock ride is good and hh rock ride is ok. i just dont like the bells associated with sabian for some reason. paiste hands down makes the best rides and chinas. zldjian makes great crashes and hihats, a couple decent rides. mienl makes great everything (just way too expensive for me)
Paiste Cymbals and Pearl Drums
caution36877
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:11 pm

i started out with the regular beginner zildjian zbt pack. tho i still have the ride which still has plenty ping to it. the crash was of course wasted and cracked. and the china cracked and done with. the high hats are just now cracking. so i bought b8 pro rock crashes and 4 splashes(6,8,10,12,inch) very great sound on them. i've realized as for not playing that long that the rock crashes can go through harder hitting. so i'm getting rock high hats and rock ride. tho i have heard the zildjian avedis 20" ping ride sounds great.
MrPowerRide
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:54 pm

caution36877 wrote:i started out with the regular beginner zildjian zbt pack. tho i still have the ride which still has plenty ping to it. the crash was of course wasted and cracked. and the china cracked and done with. the high hats are just now cracking. so i bought b8 pro rock crashes and 4 splashes(6,8,10,12,inch) very great sound on them. i've realized as for not playing that long that the rock crashes can go through harder hitting. so i'm getting rock high hats and rock ride. tho i have heard the zildjian avedis 20" ping ride sounds great.
try out several ping rides if you can, i guarantee they will all sound different. however, i think the z custom power ride has a great ping and they are all very consistent, not sure why. but i have played several ping rides and they are all VERY different. I can understand slight difference, but a big difference should never happen.
Paiste Cymbals and Pearl Drums