Orange County Percussion

Pearl, Tama, Yamaha, DW, Ludwig, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Jiggarelli
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:06 pm

Good point, about Brady. It actually amazes me that OCPD and Brady are even in the same price range. Brady is a totaly unique drum company, with unique sounds. Good point! Also Sonor's Designer series is up there as well!
Jayson Asbury
For information regarding the products that I endorse please visit me on the web or on myspace @ www.myspace.com/jaysonasburydrummer
& @ www.jaysonasbury.com
Stick It!
Pork Sword
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:09 pm

they actually aren't...the Brady's believe it or not are about 20% cheaper than the OCDP drums....
"as your attorney, I advise you to drive at top speed & it'll be a goddamn miracle if we can get there before you turn into a wild animal!!....30 minutes, it was going to be very close."
TamaDrummer123
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:29 pm

there are definately cheaper custom drums of the same quality, if not better quality. Check out SJC Custom Drums, C&C custom Drums, Truth Custom Drums, Conaway Custom Drums, Shine Custom Drums, Deathstar Custom Drums.
Eliminator
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:38 am

I always wanted to know what exactly the fuss was over Orange County, its the whole image thing. Personally I would not spend over £2000 on a set of shells (basic setup)
nightcrawler_steve
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:52 am

I looooooooooove these OCDP threads.

Mags first post is funny.

Comparing them to a Ferrari....ha ha, justify that one please. They make absolutely nothing of their own. They have fancy finishes and paint jobs. Thats it. Brady, Bison, and a small handfull of others could be compared to a Ferrari. I think its been well established their build quality is questionable on every forum I have ever been on. So what justifies the high price? Its all hype.

Ive commented on my quest to buy a custom set a few times on this forum. Im not going to go into details again. Ill just reiterate they were one of the first to be scratched off the list. There are so many other companies building BETTER drums way less.

If you bought a set and are happy with it, then thats all that matters. But these cats claiming they are superior, just need to stop cause it just plain sounds foolish.
ODERY / DW / DUNNETT / PAISTE / ZILDJIAN / SABIAN
----------------------------------------------------------------
Timekeep69

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:00 am

MEDICINE MAN RULES!

ok, so I'm biased. :mrgreen:
www.pjclevenger.com

www.medicinemandrumsaz.com

DML Special: 20% off all drums.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left!
Alan_
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:11 am

yup. ocdp is more like some backyard mechanic taking a 427, putting a holley 850 and some headers on it, shoving it into an old camaro, then putting a really nice paint job on the top. while I love hot rods, they're not even NEARLY the same thing as an engineered-from-the-ground-up sports car. one trip around a test track will confirm this..and when you add onto this that there's others doing the exact same thing, only doing it 20x better with a ton more precision in their workmanship, well...

admittedly something like a brady, bison or craviatto set doesn't offer the same amount of customization as an ocdp or spaun kit, but what they do offer is creative, unique, well-engineered drums that SOUND like nothing else, including each other. about the only custom shop building off the shelf that I've heard of that I would even consider is medicine man. you don't get the kind of rep that pj has from doing shoddy work, and his prices are beyond reasonable. I actually want him to rework my old luddys either late this year or at tax time next year.
Last edited by Alan_ on Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
sarcasmsetyourhouseonfire
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:15 am

why in god's name was this thread dredged up from the depths of dml?
Alan_
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:18 am

I was wondering the same thing. I just looked at the dates at the top of the page.

still, FERRARI!!!! lololol, I got a kick out of that.
nightcrawler_steve
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:34 am

Alan_ wrote:I was wondering the same thing. I just looked at the dates at the top of the page.

Sorry guys! I didnt even look at the date....I assumed it started today. Oh well. Been a lil slow here lately anyway.
ODERY / DW / DUNNETT / PAISTE / ZILDJIAN / SABIAN
----------------------------------------------------------------
Rob Crisp
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:37 am

nightcrawler_steve wrote:
Alan_ wrote:I was wondering the same thing. I just looked at the dates at the top of the page.

Sorry guys! I didnt even look at the date....I assumed it started today. Oh well. Been a lil slow here lately anyway.

True, but Steve Elimintor restarted the thread :-P
I love Cheese and drums
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:09 am

I was wondern why I havent recognized any of these names
Hey My names Dave
Slingerland, Yamaha, and Mapex drums
Saluda Cymbals
I want a Medicine Man Snare

Visit http://www.myspace.com/onceforgotten18 and listen to their new song Our Darkest Desires!
MediCineMaN
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:23 am

haha I love the car references Alan... I have an old 88' Trans Am...its a beast.
So Is The Drummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:03 pm

i'm glad i found this forum when i did because i was very much considering ocdp before dml came into my world and i was basically clueless when it came to the all the gear thats out there.

gotta say though, their bong snare is pretty cool.
"And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell." www.soisthetongue.com
rorymapex
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:04 pm

i must admit, ive always wanted an ocdp, purely down to the fact adrian young, and travis barker are two of my heros since a kid, but id never buy one because there is no way! they r worth the money. money would have to be no object for me to own one, or i be given one or something lol. there are just so many kits out there that are just hands down better. mainstream brands like tama, pearl, mapex, sonor, yamaha make better more desirable drums in my opinion.
ddrum diode coke bottle green acrylic drum set
mapex saturn snare, black panther brass snare/w gold hardware
mapex 950, 750, 550 hardware
dw 5000 pedal
TRX med, alt, sabian paragon cymbals
protection racket/mapex cases
roland td3