22" Power bell Sabian Ride

Where to buy, how to cleaning etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Mcrp
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:12 pm

I was wondering if I should get this cymbal, but I don't know If it would fit into the metal playing style. Please help.
screamkevin

Post Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:18 pm

"Power Bell" or "Mega Bell" rides are pretty much built specifically for playing metal. There's not a lot of great tone on the cymbal, but the bell will sound killer, cutting through all the high-end guitar distortion like a knife. Sabian's version is a good cymbal, as is Zildjian's, and Meinl now has the MB20 series and the MB10 Bittner signature ride that was designed by Jason Bittner of Shadows Fall. If that ain't metal, I don't know what is, LOL.

Just make sure that it's what you really want. You may also want to look into something rather dry, with a good amount of "ping" and a decent bell. Something like a Zildjian Earth Ride or a Sabian HHX Raw Ride, or a Saluda Mist-X Raw Bell Ride (shameless plug for Saluda).
Me, My Story, and Pics Of My Drums:
http://www.saludacymbals.com/c/ksiegel.html
Endorsing Saluda Cymbals since 2006!
Howie is my homie. Word.
OpethTheater_Drummer
new
new

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:27 am

My friend has the Meinl M20 24" Pure Metal Ride that was designed by Chris Adler of Lamb of God, he doesnt play metal specially, but he got it because it is great to even crash on and it is SO loud, couldnt even use it to record because it was sound loud, but its a great cymbal
OpethTheater_Drummer
new
new

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:28 am

My friend has the Meinl M20 24" Pure Metal Ride that was designed by chris adler of Lamb of God, he doesnt play metal specifally, but he got it because it is great to even crash on and it is SO loud, couldnt even use it to record because it was sound loud, but its a great cymbal