[Stoned Gerbil] - Yamaha

You have a Kit that You're proud of it? We want to see it!

Moderator: Moderators

Stoned Gerbil
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:30 am

Heres some of my Yamaha Stage Custom. Tell us what you think!
This is what I use for my band ALZIR. I've got another 10" Avedis Splash and a 20" K dark Crash! Plus another bass drum I never use.
I've got another bass but I never use it! It's locked up in a mates barn so if anyone wants to buy it let us know. It's in perfect condition!

Kit - Yamaha Stage Custom

(2)22" Bass
8" Tom
10" Tom
12" Tom
14" Floor Tom
16" Floor Tom
18" Floor Tom
14" x 5 1/2" Mapex Black Panther Snare In birds eye maple
14" x 5" Yamaha Stage Custom Steel Snare

Cymbals

10" Zildjian Avedis Splash
12" Zildjian Avedis Splash
16" Zildjian Avedis Crash
18" Zildjian K Thin Dark Crash
19" Zildjian Oriental Sound FX Thrash Crash Of Doom
20" Zildjian K Dark Crash
22" Zildjian Avedis China
14" Zildjian Avedis New Beat Hi-Hats
20" Zildjian Avedis Ping Ride

Hardware

Yamaha and Tama Stands
Mapex Janus Double Kick and Hi-Hat System
Yamaha Throne
Vic Firth American Classic 7AN Sticks

Heads

Remo Clear Pinsripe Toms Batters Side
Remo Clear Ambassador Clear Toms Resonant Side
Remo Coated Pinstripe Snare Batter Side
Remo Clear Ambassador Resonant Side
Last edited by Stoned Gerbil on Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Animal
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:39 am

Beautiful set, real nice finish! :D

SC's is nearly as good as RC's! :P
ImageImageImage
loop
session drummer
session drummer

Post Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:42 am

hmmm, I can see you've got a really cool double pedal/hihat device :) How do you like it?

PS - great cymbals!
dim my eyes if they should compromise
Stoned Gerbil
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:06 am

hmmm, I can see you've got a really cool double pedal/hihat device How do you like it?

PS - great cymbals!

Thanks! Its a good idea and is pretty cool if your only planning on using it for fills or moderate use but if you wanna get your hats and bass working together well it sucks dick! I part exchanged it for my Iron Cobra and seriously regreted it :( Personal preference I suppose?! Not one for the metal heads! But other than that it's good! If you like it then it's for sale! Make me an offer! You'll be hard pushed to find the same one anywhere else!
Yamaha Drums/Hardware
Remo Heads
Zildjian Cymbals
Vic Firth Sticks
Mapex Pedals/Snare
Animal
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:52 am

Stoned Gerbil wrote:
hmmm, I can see you've got a really cool double pedal/hihat device How do you like it?

PS - great cymbals!

Thanks! Its a good idea and is pretty cool if your only planning on using it for fills or moderate use but if you wanna get your hats and bass working together well it sucks dick! I part exchanged it for my Iron Cobra and seriously regreted it :( Personal preference I suppose?! Not one for the metal heads! But other than that it's good! If you like it then it's for sale! Make me an offer! You'll be hard pushed to find the same one anywhere else!

S**t, now I saw it to! What kind of pedal is that?! :?
Never seen anything like it!

It's the same pedal for both (left) bassdrum an for the hi-hat, right?

But I think I agree with you, regreting for echanging it for the Iron Cobra. (Even though I haven't tried this... "thing"... :wink: )
ImageImageImage
Stoned Gerbil
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:17 am

PS - great cymbals!

Thanks! Its a good idea and is pretty cool if your only planning on using it for fills or moderate use but if you wanna get your hats and bass working together well it sucks dick! I part exchanged it for my Iron Cobra and seriously regreted it Personal preference I suppose?! Not one for the metal heads! But other than that it's good! If you like it then it's for sale! Make me an offer! You'll be hard pushed to find the same one anywhere else!

S**t, now I saw it to! What kind of pedal is that?!

But I think I agree with you, regreting for echanging it for the Iron Cobra. (Even though I haven't tried this... "thing"... )

Yeah it's a pretty origianl idea! I ain't seen another one and i've searched the net for it! There are other models under the same name though. There made by Mapex and called the Janus system.
I part excanged my Iron Cobra a Yamaha double braced chain driven hi-hat stand and 75 pounds about 4 years ago. Heres a close up of the mechanism and one of it on its own!

Yamaha Drums/Hardware
Remo Heads
Zildjian Cymbals
Vic Firth Sticks
Mapex Pedals/Snare
grimey mike
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:31 am

thats pretty weird, how do you flick it between bass and hi hat? awsome kit, love them yamahas
Stoned Gerbil
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:15 am

You simply move your foot left for hats and right for bass. Theres two adjusable plates either side of the pedal which keeps your foot from sliding off! Theres no way you can use both hats and bass together though which makes it suck!
Yamaha Drums/Hardware
Remo Heads
Zildjian Cymbals
Vic Firth Sticks
Mapex Pedals/Snare
Sanady361
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:26 am

Awesome.
dugdrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:46 pm

great kit!!! i have sc's with the saphire fade finish!! i love em!!! can't beat them for the price.... :D
drummer for HEY YOU a tribute t pink floyd!

hug it out bitch!
nosnarb
new
new

Post Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:11 pm

hooray another Stage Custom on here!!! :) I love my SC too! I agree about the hi hat / double pedal Janus thing....ive never been much of a double bass player so I guess for someone like me that would rarely use it ..might work
ticul
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:44 pm

cool :twisted:
drummerfreek55
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:13 pm

Stoned Gerbil wrote:

PS - great cymbals!

Thanks! Its a good idea and is pretty cool if your only planning on using it for fills or moderate use but if you wanna get your hats and bass working together well it sucks dick! I part exchanged it for my Iron Cobra and seriously regreted it Personal preference I suppose?! Not one for the metal heads! But other than that it's good! If you like it then it's for sale! Make me an offer! You'll be hard pushed to find the same one anywhere else!

S**t, now I saw it to! What kind of pedal is that?!

But I think I agree with you, regreting for echanging it for the Iron Cobra. (Even though I haven't tried this... "thing"... )

Yeah it's a pretty origianl idea! I ain't seen another one and i've searched the net for it! There are other models under the same name though. There made by Mapex and called the Janus system.
I part excanged my Iron Cobra a Yamaha double braced chain driven hi-hat stand and 75 pounds about 4 years ago. Heres a close up of the mechanism and one of it on its own!

I have a friend that plays with one of those. I don't know how he manages it. My style of playing usually goes back and forth and those a re a pain in the arse to switch back and forth quickly. The way I had to play it, it's either double bass or hihat but the transition to the opposite isn't quick or easy enough to do at random. Personally not my style but hopefully it works for ya. nice kit too!
drummer912
session drummer
session drummer

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:24 pm

great lookin kit, nice and clean.
DW drums and hardware
Sabian, Paiste and, of course, SALUDA cymbals
Aquarian drum heads