Drum mic

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

Mcrp
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:00 am

I want to mic and mix my own drums. Do you guys have any experiance buying the proper mics and then putting them all into your own sub-mixer complete with monitors and then plugin your mixer into the big good main one, that would be awesome. Choosing the right mics is a hard thing to do and could be its own topic all together.
DrumKore
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:48 pm

Nice one man. Yeah people I will like to know about this too, been thinking on doing it.
I'm thinking of buying the Shure DMK57-52 Drum Mic Kit or the CAD Premium 7 with the Eurorack UBB1002 because it can be power it with battery or AC.
One day a sound eng. tells me that it was a bad idea to do that because you wouldn't no how was the levels and volume of the kit and may have problems with the sound...but let's face it, the drummers are the one that suffer of lack of sound. Sometimes there is not enougt or no mic or there are no many channels to mic the kit. Just to name a few problems. I would like the know answers for the others in this matter.
Drum or Die
nv1bddrmmr
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:04 am

IF your serious only way to go is internals
www.randallmay.com
I have all akgs in my toms and kick. Then on the snare i have 2 one internal and one external sm57 with a modulator to blend the two. They are incredible for sound. If you want to know more knock me up on yahoo under nv1bddrmmr or www.myspace.com/nv1bddrmmr
As they say some guitar players can give a good licking but every drummer can give a good banging
www.hafded.com