Premier drums

Pearl, Tama, Yamaha, DW, Ludwig, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

murder_junkie_87
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:45 pm

i play on a premier cabria, its no where near the best, but not the worst kit i have ever played on. all the hardware that came with the kit ( 2 boom stands, tom attachments etc...) have all stipped. all the nuts and bolts on the stands and hard ware had stripped oonly after owning it for a year, i have had this kit 3 years now. ithink i'll stick with Pearl or taye next time.
DRUM FAST, DIE.
quikstang2
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:07 pm

karma10drummer and drmrdude04, your sets look nice guys.

If anyone runs across one of those pre-international sets or individual drums could you send me a pm? I'm looking to add to my kit.
I've got the 11 7/8" rack tom, 16 1/4 floor tom and a full 22" bass which is roughly 14" deep. It's birch with beech reinforcements and I think they made them from 1960-1967...at least with my badges.

thanks,
mike
8-piece Mapex Vx
5-piece Premier 1960s vintage

custom vintage Mapex 5-piece (for sale)
PremierGyorfi
new
new

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:58 pm

I play an early 90's XPK in Sapphire. They have the black finish on the inside of the shells. I bought them second hand eight years ago and love them. I need to find an eight inch tom though. Anyone know where I can get one in the same finish? I'd like to buy a premier series maple kit someday. Love the Premiers!
Premier Drums, Sabian Cymbals, Remo Heads, Premier/Tama/Gibraltar Hardware
fonkydrummer
new
new

Post Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:33 am

I finally got rid of my old Pearl Export (Pearl is expensive and sucks, btw), and bought a Premier Birch Series...
Well these are the most amazing drums I've ever played !

The 20" (only) bass drum has a deep, loud, powerful (I miss adjectives, forgive my poor english) sound, the snare is incredibly easy to tune and accurate, and well, the toms take a great advantage of the birch they're made of.

The finish is really beautiful too (gun metal sparkle), I post a pic to show you :-)

GeorgeDemise
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:37 pm

I've got a gen-x that i got off ebay well cheap, it's pretty similar to the one above. The lugs on it are pretty weird, though, I haven't seen them on many other premier kits (I prefer them to their normal ones though!).

Rabney
new
new

Post Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:02 pm

I love Premier drums :D played them all my days drumming, had a APK for years toured all over Europe with it, got an upgrade to a Premier Series (Birch) in Walnut finish, this kit rules, recently recorded with it and the producer loved it, the tone, the warmth everything about it and a bass drum that kicks like a mule.
They did have a ropey period back in day, but now i think they make the best kits on the market.

The hardware has done me well, (cymbal stands only), use a Iron Cobra pedal, and i've got a Pearl Brass Free floater (6 1/2 x 14)

(before getting the Series Kit i tried loads of other top of the range kits, DW, Pearl, Yamaha, the Premier won hands down)
bmann36
new
new

Post Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:14 pm

I play "Pearl" drum's but I gave lesson's at a local music store that
sold "Premeir" drums and I was really impressed with the drum's.
Bmann36,
Pearl Drums,
DW pedals,
Aqurian Drumstick's
Sabian cymbal's
phoenix7289
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:39 pm

I'd like to play some premiers but I can't find them anywhere around here! The only major drummer I think I am aware of who uses Premier is Nicko McBrain(Iron Maiden). So idk, do they not really sell them in the US too much?
I proudly play with Tama (snare drums), PDP, Sabian, LP, Paiste, Vic Firth, Aquarian (bass and snare heads), and Remo (tom heads)brands! My biggest drummer influences are Mic Fleetwood, Nicko McBrain, and Mike Portnoy.
PatternsInTheIvy
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:36 pm

Ive never even heard ofem' out here in hawaii, I dont think I've even seen one here. Damn, now I wanna try one out :P
sussudio12
new
new

Post Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:52 pm

I used to have 3 2000 range snare drums, the picallo was awsome..
l_e_i_g_h
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:13 am

Another Premier Owner here. :D

My Kit...can be seen here: (just in case your interrested)

http://www.drumsmylife.com/viewtopic.php?t=1971
It's "Lei" not "Lee"
Luffy
new
new

Post Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:25 am

Hello everyone.... I'm new here...

I`m an owner of a Premier kit.... its a Premier series kit in red moon sparkle.

22x18 Bass (un-drilled)

12x9 Rack Tom

16x16 Floor Tom

14x7 Modern Classics Snare

I love it!
steel_city_drummer
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:01 pm

quikstang2 wrote:I've got some vintage Premiers. I'm told they're international sized pre-1973 beech wood 4-piece. I'm in the middle of restoring and upgrading them. Too many details to list, but I'll keep everyone posted.

Bigd11, if you ever get a chance would you mind asking Premier exactly what diameter, depth and anything else about them that would be good to know?
I've asked tons of experts and emailed Premier and I haven't gotten any answers. I tried measuring them but they aren't metric or American sized.

i gotta vintage kit as well. custom maple and it sounds amazing. whne i use it live, i get an amazing bass drum sound when miked.
Rem
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:32 pm

I have a cabria XPK Heavy Rock

I HATE the I.S.O, ive had my kit for a week and already have a chip on the bass drum

anger

everything else they do rules.

im gunna ,mount my tom on a snare
Drumming is my passion.
Recording is a habit.

R.I.P Mitch Mitchell
mspin
new
new

Post Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:57 pm

Ive been playing on my 6 piece Premier XPK for about almost 15 yrs now. They still sound great and im not ready to give then up. Very durable drums!!!
Progressive Metal, Power Metal, Death/Black Metal

Premier XPK , Sabian Cymbals, Pearl Eliminator Double Pedal, ProMark