DUALLIST

It's time to discuss drum accessories.

Moderator: Moderators

METALCHRIS
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:31 am

Hey all, I was wondering if any of you have tried the DUALLIST drum pedal?

I am thinking of picking it up for my kit. I have a bad ankle on my left foot and this might help me out.
xceldrumsticks
new
new

Post Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:16 pm

METALCHRIS wrote:Hey all, I was wondering if any of you have tried the DUALLIST drum pedal?

I am thinking of picking it up for my kit. I have a bad ankle on my left foot and this might help me out.
I try them its a whole different way of plaing i sold right away
GuRu
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:03 pm

I've played once on the DUALLIST and I wouldn't recommend it. It's a strange machine with a strange feeling. Besides, it looks like a toy - made of 'superdurable' plastic and simillar cosmic materials. Playing on it is wierd but it may be just what you are looking for.
.no1 is innocent.
screamkevin

Post Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:22 am

The guys are right, Chris, the Duallist could be a solution for you, but you would need to re-learn how to play bass drum.

The Duallist works by having the upstroke of your foot control the slave beater on the pedal. It can be very difficult to get notes to space evenly, and if you've been playing for a long time, you'll totally have to re-train your right foot and leg muscles to handle that pedal.

If your ankle is hurting from lack of ergonomics, I would suggest looking at this pedal, the Off-Set. A buddy of mine here in Pennsylvania makes them. They've been given outstanding reviews in Modern Drummer Magazine, and the action on the pedals are nice and light, so that may help. Here's the link:

http://pointtremolo.com/pdf/off-set_basspedal.pdf

(You will need Adobe Acrobat to open the file. Enjoy.)

Kevin
Me, My Story, and Pics Of My Drums:
http://www.saludacymbals.com/c/ksiegel.html
Endorsing Saluda Cymbals since 2006!
Howie is my homie. Word.