where do you drum shop??

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

devilspain
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:36 am

you'll prob get that "snootyness" at most stores but if you can get past that and get to know the guy selling drums to ya i find they will help you out give ya better deals and prices etc.

cheers good to know where ppl shop.
some would prob find better service with stores than online. for me i go to where ever is cheaper.
Mapex Saturn Series Drums
TRX Cymbals
DW9000 Pedals
Pearl Rack
Vic Firth Sticks
Remo Heads

http://www.myspace.com/devilspain
http://www.myspace.com/masteranddog
http://www.masteranddog.com
stevo
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:38 am

there are no music stores in my or closeby towns, so, i usually go to GC every once in awhile, and i order online at www.musiciansfriend.com and www.westcoastdrums.com
hey whats up guys im doug.....FUCK!!!!!
Brazilian Drummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:32 pm

when I lived in cali I used to but all my drum stuff at west coast drums
but since I live in brasil now I usualy but my stuff on musissians frineds .com them have my mom send it to me, or bring it when she comes here, some other stuff I but here at local music stores, but usualy just the brazilian producs, imported stuff usualy is way to expensive, a cymbal that you pay 120 bucks in the Us is about 400 dolars here... it sucks.......
BillRayDrums
Member Of The Year 2010
Member Of The Year 2010

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:38 pm

I generally order what I need from the manufacturer (endorser). Also my band has a corporate sponsorship with Sam Ash, so I usually stock up on sticks and heads when it's my turn to go there. It's kind of far from my house though- about 50 miles.

When I need something pronto I usually go to Music Mart in Solana Beach, Ca. I like the smaller mom&pop stores. Yeah, I may pay $5 more for a pedal or $1.50 more for a head, but I support the independents, not the big corporate monsters. Nothing against Guitar Center- they have been great to me over the years!! In this Wal-Mart world we live in, I like to give the smaller stores my money, unless it's something that MM doesn't carry.
Last edited by BillRayDrums on Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaseyofPropertyOf
new
new

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:55 pm

I know i may be your typical drummer...

but the new guitar center in Montgomery Al, works for me i sometimes buy from musicians friend when guitar center doesnt have what i need. but yeah thats me.
Tama Rockstar 4 piece kit
Zildjian A Custom cymbals
dw 5000 Double bass pedals
Tama Hardware
Remo Emperial tom heads
Evans HD dry snare head
Aquarian Super Kick I Bass Head (resonant and batter)
Alexander
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:04 pm

Goto Midwest Percussion! I've been ordering online from www.midwestpercussion.com for over 8 years! Look @ their prices & tell me what you think. :wink:

If I'm in a hurry I goto San Jose's Lemmon Percussion, a 5 Star drum shop or Guitar Center San Francisco but bring a price 4 them to match from Midwest.

Long ago: I once spent countless hours 4 the best drum shop online with Free shipping, No sales tax, & great customer service. Midwest Percussion is still it!
~ Alex.
See my Band "ToneDrones" & Drum pix @ 2 MySpace URLs:

My Band: http://www.myspace.com/tonedrones &

Me Self: http://www.myspace.com/alexander23
skatroma
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:00 pm

Usually here... http://www.memphisdrumshop.com/ because it's close to home.
turbonathan
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:07 pm

interstatemusic.com, I live one state away so its like expedited shipping but cheaper, unless its over $99 then S&H is free.

drumsonsale.com, the website is constantly being updated but they have almost every single thing ever made, from what I hear. I think the shipping is always free regardless, too.
"I'm not waging a war, I'm imposing peace through violent means." -gm
Erbmule
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:46 pm

I try to stick to local "Mom and Pop" stores if at all possible. I stick with Rossi's, The Music Store, Braselton's or Cadence Music.
If Guitar Center has a deal that I just can't refuse, I swallow my pride and shop there..

I haven't dabbled into the online shops yet but would.

-Tom E. :shock:
Mistajohn
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:08 pm

I live in LA, and there are tons of stores to shop at.

Online is cool, but I would rather deal with people face to face.

I go to the Guitar Center for Sticks/Heads/expendables. It's not a cool place to go (especially since my main guy left there). However they usually have the lowest price on stuff. You just gotta deal with the attitude of major lameness and noise galore...

By far, while in LA, the best place for a drummer to go is the PRo Drum Shop (on Vine in Hollywood). This is a drummer's store. The guys who are there are cool, and will steer you in the right direction. The prices are okay too, although something wil lcost more than the local mass market shop.

But You will feel no cooler, no more accepted, no matter what you play, your style or level. Go to this place and just soak in the ambiance. They'v egot old drum heads from masters on the wall, cool gear, and there's not a guitar in the shop!

They also do repairs.

They're not call the Pro Drum Shop for nothin!

Check e'em out online at: http://www.prodrumshop.com/
stump

Post Sun May 20, 2007 12:59 pm

I get 99% of my equipment from www.musiciansfriend.com. Great prices and variety. I have spent thousands of dollars with them so needless to say, they know who I am. The other thing is they will beat any price of any competing company. Check them out. I stay away from local shops. The price mark up is way high!!
It's so important to make best friends in life!

Tama,PDP and Medicine Man Drums, Zildjian, Remo, Roc-n-Soc, DW and Pro-mark.

loosesticks
beginner
beginner

Post Sun May 20, 2007 2:01 pm

i shop at guitar center best prices and what they dont have they will get for you nashua newhampshire
Daza73
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon May 21, 2007 7:11 pm

where ever the gear is cheap 8)
but mostly billy hyde drum works in brisbane
break the prism
groove master
groove master

Post Mon May 21, 2007 7:17 pm

the music shop (cause its close)
dynamic percussion and guitar center as well.
Beat on.