PDP CX Series

Pearl, Tama, Yamaha, DW, Ludwig, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Steaky
session drummer
session drummer

Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:54 pm

Makes me wonder how the internationally touring and major label signed pro's keep their PDP kits together...[/quote]

A good Drum Tech probably goes a long way. And they probably only keep the shell pack going for an Album cycle (around 18 months to 2 years touring). Also the bands (including the drummer of course)often use hired backline to save on shipping costs when touring overseas. This is when an endorsement is really valuable because it becomes the Manufacturers responsibility to pick up the bill. So that little PDP kit isnt going to be always on stage.
A friend of mine is a Drum tech for a high profile British Band, he told me his Drummers Yamaha Absolute kit had lost its round and therefore its oomph over only a year of touring, so he rang yamaha and had them swap the kit for a new one. The guy is endorsed by them so they bent over backwards for him, but it still had to be done.
Anyway they are great kits for sure. I feel there is a difference in better made shells that gives you more back dynamically and feel wise, and they get better and looser with age as opposed to getting wacked out. As for hardware, manufacturers will obviously make concessions with the materials used depending on the projected level of the kit. Its the same with all things we buy. And it's down to how you treat it.
Food for thought
Last edited by Steaky on Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can own the greatest drum ever made, but it won't change how well you can play it!
SGarrett

Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:00 pm

Steaky wrote:
SGarrett wrote:Makes me wonder how the internationally touring and major label signed pro's keep their PDP kits together...

A good Drum Tech probably goes a long way. And they probably only keep the shell pack going for an Album cycle (around 18 months to 2 years touring). Also the bands (including the drummer of course)often use hired backline to save on shipping costs when touring overseas. This is when an endorsement is really valuable because it becomes the Manufacturers responsibility to pick up the bill. So there little PDP isnt going to be always on stage. A friend of mine is a Drum tech for a high profile British Band, he told me his Drummers Yamaha Absolute kit had lost its round and therefore its oomph over only a year of touring, so he rang yamaha and had them swap the kit for a new one. The guy is endorsed by them so they bent over backwards for him, but it still had to be done.

I think you missed my point. :)
"If the goal is for me to give up my reality for your reality, then the goal is for me to give up my self for your self--a goal I have to reject."
writheindecay
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:12 am

amazing kits, they definately slay their pearl and tama counter parts. i was in love with the cx i had, sounded amazing. they look good too. im playing a custom kit now, but i kinda miss the pdp at times.
sucks pacific is still remembered as "that shitty cheap brand"
Tgaff08
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:43 pm

besides my CX most of my hardware is PDP as well, not cause im loyal to the brand cause its always the cheapest stuff at Guitar Center! i really have to play around to get the toms in the right position but no complaints. sweet kit.
Gaff

Coppell Drums

Pacific Drums by DW
Sabian
Remo
Vic Firth
PalmdaleDrumming4Life
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:12 pm

I have a PDP CX and i love it i have EC2s on it and its great. I wont change until i get a DW one day
Who-Leo Makes Beats.