Drum Competition

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

Federation
new
new

Post Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:02 pm

The Federation of Drums and Percussion

and

One Music Entertainment

presents

East Coast's Best Drummer of 2006 - East Coast Chops

This year we are holding the 3rd annual Ohio's Best Drummer of 2006 at the Daily Double 370 Orleans Ave. Akron, Ohio 44303 330.535.LIVE

Rounds 1 and 2 on Saturday, October 21st and
Rounds 3, 4 and 5 on Sunday, October 22nd

Those contestants that make it to round 3 will then return the next day (Sunday).

Showtime is 5:00pm
Drummers are to be present by 3:30pm

There will be 5 rounds.

All drummers will have 3 minutes to perform a drum solo.

The great Simon Kirke of "Bad Company" is making a guest appearance as a judge for this competition.

Each drummer will receive free swag. All drummers (except 1st, 2nd and 3rd place), will receive a certificate of participation.

1st, 2nd and 3rd place will receive a plac with their name engraved.

Prizes for this drum battle are phenomanol. They are nothing like the previous year's prizes.

This event is sponsored by The Federation of Drums and Percussion, A...Max Music, Peace Drums, Zildjian Cymbals, Berlyak Digital Photography, Akrohost, Superbeaters, Super Drums, Vic-Firth Drumsticks, Drum Magazine, Haunted Entertainment, Evans Drumheads, Saluda Cymbals, Vintage Logos, One Music Entertainment, Sabian Cymbals, Promark Drumsticks and RockStarz Inc.

The Official Rules are:

1. 1st place winners can "never" enter the competition again. This keeps it fair for all drummers.

2. Previous year's 1st place winner can be one of the judges the following year.

3. Electronic kits are not permitted.

4. Previous year's participants can enter as many times they want until they win 1st place.

5. 2nd and 3rd place winners can enter as many times they want until they win 1st place.

6. All participants are required to fill out a name card. In doing this, each participant is not a blank face on the stage. The Emcee will announce each drummer's name, their band's name, where they are from, years of exp and their band's website address. It's a great plug in for their band.

7. No pets

8. No contraband

9. No weapons

There will be 3 judges.They are:

1. Link - founder/CEO

2. Al - co/founder/VP

3. Simon Kirke - drummer for Bad Company

Drummers will be judged on dynamics, originality, control, chops, showmanship, and rudiments.

For information on this event contact the Federation of Drums and Percussion by email at admin@drumfed.org
"Within me is infinite power, before me are endless possibilities, around me are boundless opportunites.....why should I fear?"
baykid
new
new

Post Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:05 am

:o I think I have a chance...

myspace.com/madchops82
James Bougill
SpiritofRush
new
new

Post Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:32 pm

Are there any drum competitions in Pa or NJ???