Medicine Man Custom Drums/Baskey Rugglugs

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

mikeellis
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:41 pm

I am pleased to tell that I will be playing Medicine Man Custom Drums on the forthcoming north American live tour with Avoidance of Doubt.

MM Drums epitomises the adventurous and creative spirit combined with attentive service and attention to detail the global drum industry needs. After having listened to MM Drums in a variety of situations, both studio and live it's great to be on board and I look forward to a rewarding association with this fine company.

Anyone fancy a drink?
Last edited by mikeellis on Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud endorser of
HIGHWOOD DRUMS, PAISTE CYMBALS, SILVERFOX STICKS, BASKEY ACCESSORIES, DUALLIST PEDALS & HARDCASE CASES.
mikeellis
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:03 am

I've just been accepted onto the Rugglugs roster! I was introduced to the Baskey range of Rugglugs comprising the revolutionary Kickstop, Pedalstop and Mattmarkers at this year's Drummer Live. I was instantly impressed with the products Baskey are manufacturing to make set up faster and more accurate, plus the added element of extra security to avoid any annoying 'creep' whilst playing. No more last minute fiddling and adjusting - everything just drops into the right place and stays there!!

Check them out, they're a great idea.

www.baskey.com
Proud endorser of
HIGHWOOD DRUMS, PAISTE CYMBALS, SILVERFOX STICKS, BASKEY ACCESSORIES, DUALLIST PEDALS & HARDCASE CASES.
m
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:06 pm

congrats, Mike!
I talked to MM about putting together an acrylic kit, might pursue it in the future. Nice folks.

The Rugglugs look interesting- I can see where that'd be nice to have it all laid out on your drum rug and ready to go, no guesswork as to what goes where.
I've been using the Crashpad with built in bass drum stop- but it's mounted right in the center so I have to skew the rug off to the side.
It work fine, just looks weird on a riser.

The mattmarkers look pretty handy, might have to check those out.
Will see if they have a US distributor...

Let me know if you pass thru the Southern US, would love to say hello in person!
mikeellis
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:15 am

Thanks m, the guys at MM are great. I'm really pleased they're going to sort me out with a kit for the US dates (to be announced) as running a custom drum company myself, I thought it would look a little odd to say the least if toured not using one of our kits! It's really a matter of cost/logostics and I wouldn't be able to get my new kit over 'the water'.

So, I thought, 'fly the flag' for my custom drum brothers in the USA!

I spent today setting up my new DM kit and hardware (in the garden, dodging the rain!) and fitted the Ruggluggs to my Protection Racket drum-mat (which isn't big enough!! Shoulda got the really big one!).They are really easy to fit and the whole process is really well thought out, step by step instructions (even I figured them out!), you even get colour doded ties to attach to the mattmarkers and the feet of each stand - to match up during set up! Plus the Kickstops and pedalstops come in a variety of colours to match your kit!

I don't know if there's a US distributor yet as the company is quite new but I'm sure they'd ship.

Pix of the new kit:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/m ... arm005.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/m ... arm003.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/m ... arm001.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/m ... arm004.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/m ... arm002.jpg
Proud endorser of
m
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:33 pm

beauty!
digging the cymbal layout~

so who're you going with for helmet endorsements? 8)
mikeellis
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:07 pm

LOL!!!

The helmet was 'custom' built by REALSCENES, has random LED lights and a built in fan!! So I guess there's my 'helmet' endo!!

The cym layout works well tx, RUDEs for live and 2oo2s in the studio. All bases covered...........
Proud endorser of