Female Drummers

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

spazdrummergirl
new
new
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:04 am
Location: under your bed

Post Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:19 am

mouse wrote:
WhiteOleander wrote:
spazdrummergirl wrote:only difference i see is we dont usually like drumming without our shirts....

I disagree :D


ditto. If it's the choice about playing in your bra or passing out, the former is such a great option! :lol:

Sarah x


hehehe.. i guess u have a point there... hmmm... i'm not gna be drumming without my shirt anytime soon tho.. hehe..
have a great day!
Toast xx
and thats how the cookie crumbles! forver emo.. xxxx
mouse
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:02 pm
Location: Chessington, Surrey

Post Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:43 am

lol, I don't really drum like that anymore, but when I was playing in a punk band (NOFX kind of style), it really made you sweat, so I had too. Still funny though as people still remember me for it, lol.

Can't do it now-a-days though. I'm 24 and have to be a bit more ladylike, lol

Sarah x

oh and this is me : http://www.myspace.com/drummingmouse

(appologies to anyone who's already added me and messaged me and that I haven't replied back too. Please message again and I will reply this time. Got a bit buried last time with other work so couldn't reply back)
chachaman02
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:28 pm

Post Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:08 pm

Its really good to see that girl drummers actually exist.
Chastise
User avatar
LadyThunder
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:48 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Post Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:34 pm

Female drummer here...
Pearl Drums
Pork Pie Snare & Throne
Evans EC2 Coated, EMAD 2 & Aquarian High Energy
DW Pedals & Pearl Hardware
Zildjian A Custom & Wuhan
25" Vintage Ludwig Timpani
Vater 3a Fatbacks NT & Ahead
Cloth
new
new
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:04 am
Location: UK

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:20 am

Another female drummer here,nice to see so many girls on this forum :D ,
here's my myspace page:

http//www.myspace.com/sarahthedrummer



Our band is in my sig,feel free to add us to your friends list :lol:
Drums:Mapex M Birch and Premier APK (double bass)
Cymbals: Paiste
Heads (toms): Evans G2 coated
Heads (snare): Remo Emperor X
Heads (bass) : Remo Powerstroke 3
Sticks: Zildjian Antivibes 5A
Band: http://www.myspace.com/darkestate
User avatar
phoenix7289
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:42 am
Location: Illinois

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:35 am

Something I am noticing... Most of the female drummers LIVE IN THE UK!!! AHHHHHH

I am SO going to get my gf drumming again..... I think it is really cute or w.e when girls drum... shows girls can be powerful! :P
I proudly play with Tama (snare drums), PDP, Sabian, LP, Paiste, Vic Firth, Aquarian (bass and snare heads), and Remo (tom heads)brands! My biggest drummer influences are Mic Fleetwood, Nicko McBrain, and Mike Portnoy.
mouse
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:02 pm
Location: Chessington, Surrey

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:59 am

phoenix7289 wrote:Something I am noticing... Most of the female drummers LIVE IN THE UK!!! AHHHHHH


'tis because the UK is where it's at!!!! 8) lol

Sarah x
User avatar
phoenix7289
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:42 am
Location: Illinois

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:32 pm

mouse wrote:
phoenix7289 wrote:Something I am noticing... Most of the female drummers LIVE IN THE UK!!! AHHHHHH


'tis because the UK is where it's at!!!! 8) lol

Sarah x


BRING ME THERE PLEASE!!! Female drummers own, and most of America sucks anyways... ONWARD TO VICTORY WITH GREAT BRITIAN!!! :D
I proudly play with Tama (snare drums), PDP, Sabian, LP, Paiste, Vic Firth, Aquarian (bass and snare heads), and Remo (tom heads)brands! My biggest drummer influences are Mic Fleetwood, Nicko McBrain, and Mike Portnoy.
User avatar
fashioned
beginner
beginner
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:42 pm
Location: Sacramento, California

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:49 pm

wow a surprising amount of ladys in just this one thread. impressive for this forum, and most of america does not suck.
User avatar
phoenix7289
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:42 am
Location: Illinois

Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:22 am

fashioned wrote:wow a surprising amount of ladys in just this one thread. impressive for this forum, and most of america does not suck.


Most of America DOES suck... we do not give the British bands (that are usually superior to our own) as much respect as they deserve.... America is where the emo/scene trend has spread, where all the rap trends is.... you clean that up, then I will take back what I said, until then... MOST OF AMERICA SUCKS. :P
I proudly play with Tama (snare drums), PDP, Sabian, LP, Paiste, Vic Firth, Aquarian (bass and snare heads), and Remo (tom heads)brands! My biggest drummer influences are Mic Fleetwood, Nicko McBrain, and Mike Portnoy.
User avatar
fashioned
beginner
beginner
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:42 pm
Location: Sacramento, California

Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:46 am

thats just an opinion.
User avatar
phoenix7289
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:42 am
Location: Illinois

Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:12 am

fashioned wrote:thats just an opinion.


Good thing you recognized that. But come on, we don't want any fights, so stop yelling at me for stating my opinions... FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
I proudly play with Tama (snare drums), PDP, Sabian, LP, Paiste, Vic Firth, Aquarian (bass and snare heads), and Remo (tom heads)brands! My biggest drummer influences are Mic Fleetwood, Nicko McBrain, and Mike Portnoy.
foolscapfire
new
new
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:24 pm

I'm a female drummer. my band's space is myspace.com/foolscapfire. I don't think I'm a great drummer, sometimes I think I try to do to much because I began as a strictly punk rock drummer and kinda taught myself(no lessons or help from anyone). So I didn't get a lot of the basics that I needed....now I'm working on those so it's like learning to play backwards. I always feel intimidated by most male drummers, and I go to see a lot of live bands so I get intimidated a lot....but then I'll see a male drummer who isn't even as good as me and(I know it sounds mean) but it makes me feel better. I wish that I didn't feel like my drumming will always be inferior to most male drummers. Maybe someday I won't. I do know that I started at the age of 28, whereas most guys I know started at around age 14, so I have an EXCUSE!. I don't like being referred to as a chick drummer, or playing a show because they want to book a band with a chick drummer, I just would like to be appreciated as a drummer..period, even though I think I have a long way to go in the skills department. that's all. whoooo long ass post! tori castellano from the donnas is one of my favorite drummers ever!
User avatar
phoenix7289
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:42 am
Location: Illinois

Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:21 pm

foolscapfire wrote:I'm a female drummer. my band's space is myspace.com/foolscapfire. I don't think I'm a great drummer, sometimes I think I try to do to much because I began as a strictly punk rock drummer and kinda taught myself(no lessons or help from anyone). So I didn't get a lot of the basics that I needed....now I'm working on those so it's like learning to play backwards. I always feel intimidated by most male drummers, and I go to see a lot of live bands so I get intimidated a lot....but then I'll see a male drummer who isn't even as good as me and(I know it sounds mean) but it makes me feel better. I wish that I didn't feel like my drumming will always be inferior to most male drummers. Maybe someday I won't. I do know that I started at the age of 28, whereas most guys I know started at around age 14, so I have an EXCUSE!. I don't like being referred to as a chick drummer, or playing a show because they want to book a band with a chick drummer, I just would like to be appreciated as a drummer..period, even though I think I have a long way to go in the skills department. that's all. whoooo long ass post! tori castellano from the donnas is one of my favorite drummers ever!


Guess what... YOU ARE A DRUMMER!!! :D
I proudly play with Tama (snare drums), PDP, Sabian, LP, Paiste, Vic Firth, Aquarian (bass and snare heads), and Remo (tom heads)brands! My biggest drummer influences are Mic Fleetwood, Nicko McBrain, and Mike Portnoy.
mouse
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:02 pm
Location: Chessington, Surrey

Post Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:28 pm

foolscapfire wrote:I'm a female drummer. my band's space is myspace.com/foolscapfire. I don't think I'm a great drummer, sometimes I think I try to do to much because I began as a strictly punk rock drummer and kinda taught myself(no lessons or help from anyone). So I didn't get a lot of the basics that I needed....now I'm working on those so it's like learning to play backwards. I always feel intimidated by most male drummers, and I go to see a lot of live bands so I get intimidated a lot....but then I'll see a male drummer who isn't even as good as me and(I know it sounds mean) but it makes me feel better. I wish that I didn't feel like my drumming will always be inferior to most male drummers. Maybe someday I won't. I do know that I started at the age of 28, whereas most guys I know started at around age 14, so I have an EXCUSE!. I don't like being referred to as a chick drummer, or playing a show because they want to book a band with a chick drummer, I just would like to be appreciated as a drummer..period, even though I think I have a long way to go in the skills department. that's all. whoooo long ass post! tori castellano from the donnas is one of my favorite drummers ever!


word of advice from one female drummer to another- play on the fact your female!!!!!! It's a great way for getting your band noticed and remembered. Even if you hate it, use it to your advantage!!! You'll get more than you think... :wink: 8)

Sarah x