Female Drummers

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

dcoy_drummer
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:45 am

i love bein a female drummer. find it does catch peoples attention. have an outstandin female bassist in my band too an it has the same effect. played my first gig lastnight at the glasgow arches. feel like ive been knighted into drumhood. lol. :D
ro_bo_x
new
new

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:20 pm

im a female drummer !! i love it been playing six months just joined a band and looking around still ... pictures are coming soon of me drumming.
:D

www.myspace.com/doubtfulprincess

add me, talk to me xxx <3
drumobsessed
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:35 pm

www.myspace.com/drumobsessed

There's me. Nothing good up though. I'm really a metal drummer.
retrodrummergirl
new
new

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:20 pm

Being a female drummer isn't that rare anymore as far as I've seen... it's really a matter of practicing your ass off to be set apart from the rest. And sure, being a female gets quite a bit of attention that I know I wouldn't otherwise... but I'm not complaining!
quikstang2
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:23 pm

Martina Axen of Drain STH...yeah boyee

I've never really run across a chick drummer, at least not one that plays more than the basic rock beat, who actually joins a band or who plays longer than 3 months.

I'd like to marry a drummer, that way I'll know what to buy for gifts and presents.
8-piece Mapex Vx
5-piece Premier 1960s vintage

custom vintage Mapex 5-piece (for sale)
ViragoDrums
new
new

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:11 pm

Howdy.

Apparently, there are more of us than most people realize...

Kinda cool.

I'm on myspace. Come say hi.

www.myspace.com/geminitwistmusic
Dude, you're so not doing it right.
dcoy_drummer
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:35 am

quikstang2 wrote:Martina Axen of Drain STH...yeah boyee

I've never really run across a chick drummer, at least not one that plays more than the basic rock beat, who actually joins a band or who plays longer than 3 months.

I'd like to marry a drummer, that way I'll know what to buy for gifts and presents.

i would just like to say that there is drummers that shatter this theory. i am a "chick drummer", play more than the basic rock beat, been in my band for two years and have been playin more on than off for 10years.
so now u have came acorss one
XXDDXX
andorawinds
new
new

Post Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:35 am

Female drummers are a rare commodity around these parts, I get approced at least once a week to join different bands. I wouldnt say we are better than the boys But I will say we can hang with them.
Chad Scott
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:40 pm

It takes time to become great no matter who you are guy/girl!
Sheena E would rip up any guy on here!
just another drummer who wants to become better,learn more and play more than most..
if you can help please do!!
Chad Scott
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:51 pm

Captain_Original wrote:I don't exactly see why people think of female drummers as "OMG UR AWESOME." I just think of them as a female drummer, I'm a female and I play drums. Ohmygod alert the media! :shock:
only someone with a big eggo would say that!he he-female drummers that I know usually get the most crap...I think it sucks but a female drummer has to show an extra tallent to stand out in this market! You can't suck and expect to make it! for example (Kittie's Drummer) if she diddn't kick ass Kittie wouldn't eather! Female or Male/ it doesn't matter, we all play the same thing--exept females drummers make me hot!
just another drummer who wants to become better,learn more and play more than most..
if you can help please do!!
katemate
new
new

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:50 am

I love being a drummer! It's the skill and passion that makes the difference, not the gender.
Scott_Hurford
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:27 am

katemate wrote:I love being a drummer! It's the skill and passion that makes the difference, not the gender.

Correct :D i agree with you completely.

i see no difference between Male & Female Drummers, apart from the fact tht i find female drummers attractive :P lol
Tama/Zildjian/Remo/Vater
www.myspace.com/scotthurford
Dale
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:42 am

andorawinds wrote:Female drummers are a rare commodity around these parts, I get approced at least once a week to join different bands. I wouldnt say we are better than the boys But I will say we can hang with them.

Maybe they just like the way you play and it has nothing to do with being female. I'm pretty sure Herbie Hancock and Wayne Shorter didn't hire Terry Lynne Carrington because she's female.
I don't know what I'm talking about!

"Don't play FOR people. Play WITH people."
- Papa Jo Jones
drumobsessed
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:05 am

andorawinds wrote:I wouldnt say we are better than the boys But I will say we can hang with them.

I hate to tell you that you're wrong. There are many, many guy drummers that I know that I am better (technically, rhythmically, creatively) than, and that I know other girls play better than. (sorry for the bad grammar guys)

One of my bands right now is an all girl hardcore band. We like to go to shows and say "hey, he's good! For a guy..."

Sure, it a little sexist, but we don't always mean it ;) It's fun to be able to say that yeah, you're a damn great female drummer. And I only personally know two other girls who can rock the double kick and sound great (there are many more in bands that I don't know though).
Jaymoney
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:54 am

female drummers are hot!