Drum Blueprint Program

You have a Kit that You're proud of it? We want to see it!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
phil-drummer
session drummer
session drummer
Posts: 550
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:47 pm
Location: Rugby

Post Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:05 am

phoenix7289 wrote:
phil-drummer wrote:i downloaded the file but i get this box whenever i go to open the program :

Image

when i press any button the window closers and fuck all happens what should i do


Wait, don't press any button.


haha , where you joking with me , cuz i waited for ages n nothing happened, har har ya got me
Pearl Hardware. Zildjian Cymbals. Vic Firth 7A Sticks. Remo Pintripes/Weatherking Heads
User avatar
phoenix7289
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:42 am
Location: Illinois

Post Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:54 pm

phil-drummer wrote:
phoenix7289 wrote:
phil-drummer wrote:i downloaded the file but i get this box whenever i go to open the program :

Image

when i press any button the window closers and fuck all happens what should i do


Wait, don't press any button.


haha , where you joking with me , cuz i waited for ages n nothing happened, har har ya got me


Then that is really ghey!!! Because mine usually just starts right up! >.<
I proudly play with Tama (snare drums), PDP, Sabian, LP, Paiste, Vic Firth, Aquarian (bass and snare heads), and Remo (tom heads)brands! My biggest drummer influences are Mic Fleetwood, Nicko McBrain, and Mike Portnoy.
User avatar
phil-drummer
session drummer
session drummer
Posts: 550
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:47 pm
Location: Rugby

Post Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:16 pm

doesnt matter tho, ill just stick to the dull kit builders ,
Pearl Hardware. Zildjian Cymbals. Vic Firth 7A Sticks. Remo Pintripes/Weatherking Heads
User avatar
Fleabear
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:35 pm
Location: Utica, NY

Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:21 am

Very cool program...thank you much! Here's my big setup that I use in the practice room and larger gigs. Most gigs are just a basic 5 pc fusion setup..with a small cymbal setup. When possible, I also like to postion my secondary hi-hats and other things..like Zil-Bels, cowbells, etc.....over my Ride Cymbal....so that I can do a cool little trick that's been a favorite of mine since way back when. You alternate your sticking between the top of your ride cymbal and the bottom of whatever you have positioned above it. I like it with the other hats....you can basically get a "cross sticking" effect in 1 motion. And if you're proficient enough to throw in accents with your left hand..ala...ghost notes on snare, 16th's on the hat's, cymbals, bells..etc....you sound like an octapus! :)

Image
User avatar
phoenix7289
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:42 am
Location: Illinois

Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:23 pm

Fleabear wrote:Very cool program...thank you much! Here's my big setup that I use in the practice room and larger gigs. Most gigs are just a basic 5 pc fusion setup..with a small cymbal setup. When possible, I also like to postion my secondary hi-hats and other things..like Zil-Bels, cowbells, etc.....over my Ride Cymbal....so that I can do a cool little trick that's been a favorite of mine since way back when. You alternate your sticking between the top of your ride cymbal and the bottom of whatever you have positioned above it. I like it with the other hats....you can basically get a "cross sticking" effect in 1 motion. And if you're proficient enough to throw in accents with your left hand..ala...ghost notes on snare, 16th's on the hat's, cymbals, bells..etc....you sound like an octapus! :)

Image


That's a really awesome set dude!!! Though I say you upgrade a few of the lower quality things :P
But very nice certainly!!!!
I proudly play with Tama (snare drums), PDP, Sabian, LP, Paiste, Vic Firth, Aquarian (bass and snare heads), and Remo (tom heads)brands! My biggest drummer influences are Mic Fleetwood, Nicko McBrain, and Mike Portnoy.
User avatar
Fleabear
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:35 pm
Location: Utica, NY

Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:43 pm

phoenix7289 wrote:
Fleabear wrote:Very cool program...thank you much! Here's my big setup that I use in the practice room and larger gigs. Most gigs are just a basic 5 pc fusion setup..with a small cymbal setup. When possible, I also like to postion my secondary hi-hats and other things..like Zil-Bels, cowbells, etc.....over my Ride Cymbal....so that I can do a cool little trick that's been a favorite of mine since way back when. You alternate your sticking between the top of your ride cymbal and the bottom of whatever you have positioned above it. I like it with the other hats....you can basically get a "cross sticking" effect in 1 motion. And if you're proficient enough to throw in accents with your left hand..ala...ghost notes on snare, 16th's on the hat's, cymbals, bells..etc....you sound like an octapus! :)

Image


That's a really awesome set dude!!! Though I say you upgrade a few of the lower quality things :P
But very nice certainly!!!!


Thank you much! I get my balls broke sometimes because my Yami's are "mid-level"....that's until they play them...I've had nothing but compliments on the sound! I always hated Yamaha's...something about them always bugged me. When I saw the natural wood finish on these.....I jumped right on them. This is without a doubt...the best sounding set I've ever owned! First you start with a quality shell...after that...a good head/tuning combo...and you're all set.
Mr.Smash
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 272
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:42 pm

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:15 pm

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m144/mrsmashtrigger/KylesKit.png" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"></a>
I love this kit, but my cymbals are dying.. i need to replace like 5..
User avatar
drummerfreek55
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:08 pm
Location: PA

Post Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:17 am

IMG]http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc102/drummerfreek55/DreamKit2.jpg[/IMG] thought i'd throw a new set into the mix. tell me what ya think. To be honest this set started out as ajoke between a few friends but after messing around came up with a playable version as sen above. I know it's a bit Peart/Portnoy-esque but that's the style that fits for my playing so hopefully someone likes it.
User avatar
drummerfreek55
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:08 pm
Location: PA

Post Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:19 am

Image finally got that image attached right.
User avatar
phoenix7289
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:42 am
Location: Illinois

Post Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:47 am

Fleabear wrote:
phoenix7289 wrote:
Fleabear wrote:Very cool program...thank you much! Here's my big setup that I use in the practice room and larger gigs. Most gigs are just a basic 5 pc fusion setup..with a small cymbal setup. When possible, I also like to postion my secondary hi-hats and other things..like Zil-Bels, cowbells, etc.....over my Ride Cymbal....so that I can do a cool little trick that's been a favorite of mine since way back when. You alternate your sticking between the top of your ride cymbal and the bottom of whatever you have positioned above it. I like it with the other hats....you can basically get a "cross sticking" effect in 1 motion. And if you're proficient enough to throw in accents with your left hand..ala...ghost notes on snare, 16th's on the hat's, cymbals, bells..etc....you sound like an octapus! :)

Image


That's a really awesome set dude!!! Though I say you upgrade a few of the lower quality things :P
But very nice certainly!!!!


Thank you much! I get my balls broke sometimes because my Yami's are "mid-level"....that's until they play them...I've had nothing but compliments on the sound! I always hated Yamaha's...something about them always bugged me. When I saw the natural wood finish on these.....I jumped right on them. This is without a doubt...the best sounding set I've ever owned! First you start with a quality shell...after that...a good head/tuning combo...and you're all set.


But do you really like the sound of the Z Custom crashes? They never really attracted me much.... They sound like they should be a really low end cymbal.... Except for the rides. The rides of Z Custom sound fairly decent.
I proudly play with Tama (snare drums), PDP, Sabian, LP, Paiste, Vic Firth, Aquarian (bass and snare heads), and Remo (tom heads)brands! My biggest drummer influences are Mic Fleetwood, Nicko McBrain, and Mike Portnoy.
User avatar
Brother_Bong
groove master
groove master
Posts: 4300
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:53 pm
Location: Maine

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:20 pm

Howepirate wrote:
phoenix7289 wrote:
shiebcte wrote:i cant get it to work on my mac...damn. looks like a hell of a program


Turn your mac in for a dell :P


Dells suck...they use used parts in their computers. But other than acer dells the only choice due to their awesome customer support.

I'd get an acer or get a friend to make a computer for u.

No shit, someone else with an acer, cool.
MEDICINE MAN AZ Endorsed, TRICK PEDALS, ZILDJIAN, SABIAN, SALUDA, SUPERNATURALS, ASAPH, WUHAN, SILVERFOX, BUD LIGHT

Image
User avatar
break the prism
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1438
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:22 pm
Location: Danbury, CT

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:01 pm

phoenix7289 wrote:
phil-drummer wrote:
phoenix7289 wrote:
phil-drummer wrote:i downloaded the file but i get this box whenever i go to open the program :

Image

when i press any button the window closers and fuck all happens what should i do


Wait, don't press any button.


haha , where you joking with me , cuz i waited for ages n nothing happened, har har ya got me


Then that is really ghey!!! Because mine usually just starts right up! >.<


if it says "java is not a recognized program" then you need to go to www.java.com and download it.
Beat on.
User avatar
Johnny Cat
session drummer
session drummer
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:24 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Post Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:03 pm

Hey, is there anywhere else I can download this program from? I tried clicking on the link from the first post of this thread, and nothing comes up for it. Just a blank webpage.
Tama Rockstar Custom 10-Pc
Paiste and Sabian cymbals
Tama "RoadPro" Hardware
Axis "X" Longboard Pedals
Regal Tip "Jazz E" and Promark "Elvin Jones" and "747" Drumsticks
Regal Tip "Ed Thigpen" Brushes
Remo and Evans Drumheads
User avatar
Johnny Cat
session drummer
session drummer
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:24 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Post Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:09 pm

Oh nevermind. I got it and got it working.
Tama Rockstar Custom 10-Pc
Paiste and Sabian cymbals
Tama "RoadPro" Hardware
Axis "X" Longboard Pedals
Regal Tip "Jazz E" and Promark "Elvin Jones" and "747" Drumsticks
Regal Tip "Ed Thigpen" Brushes
Remo and Evans Drumheads
User avatar
Fleabear
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:35 pm
Location: Utica, NY

Post Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:54 am

phoenix7289 wrote:
Fleabear wrote:
phoenix7289 wrote:
Fleabear wrote:Very cool program...thank you much! Here's my big setup that I use in the practice room and larger gigs. Most gigs are just a basic 5 pc fusion setup..with a small cymbal setup. When possible, I also like to postion my secondary hi-hats and other things..like Zil-Bels, cowbells, etc.....over my Ride Cymbal....so that I can do a cool little trick that's been a favorite of mine since way back when. You alternate your sticking between the top of your ride cymbal and the bottom of whatever you have positioned above it. I like it with the other hats....you can basically get a "cross sticking" effect in 1 motion. And if you're proficient enough to throw in accents with your left hand..ala...ghost notes on snare, 16th's on the hat's, cymbals, bells..etc....you sound like an octapus! :)

Image


That's a really awesome set dude!!! Though I say you upgrade a few of the lower quality things :P
But very nice certainly!!!!


Thank you much! I get my balls broke sometimes because my Yami's are "mid-level"....that's until they play them...I've had nothing but compliments on the sound! I always hated Yamaha's...something about them always bugged me. When I saw the natural wood finish on these.....I jumped right on them. This is without a doubt...the best sounding set I've ever owned! First you start with a quality shell...after that...a good head/tuning combo...and you're all set.


But do you really like the sound of the Z Custom crashes? They never really attracted me much.... They sound like they should be a really low end cymbal.... Except for the rides. The rides of Z Custom sound fairly decent.


Hey Phoenix,
I'm not crazy about the Z Custom Rock cymbals.....they're way too heavy and gongy for my tastes. All of my Z's are the Medium Custom crashes......and I think they sound great. I've had a bunch of compliments from other drummers.....most of whom didn't believe they were the Z crashes. The only thing I can think of is that most people have only been exposed to the heavier Z's...and those.....well...to be nice....I thought they sounded like shit. The mediums are nice and full...a lot of body....and I dig them. Check out the link below. I have some videos posted on my band website from a show we did last year.....see what ya think about the sound.
http://www.squirrelmurphy.com/Saranac90706Video.html