mapex janus hi hat/double pedal

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

wolfsburg6674
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:31 pm

anyone ever use this or own one? i like the concept but ive never played one...is it a smooth transition when you click over to the double pedal or is there a hesitation? let me know...and also can guitar center special order me one?or do i have to find one?
ViciousCircle5
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:40 pm

I found it to be a pretty decent transition from hihat playing to double pedal, but I do not own one. I'm talking in-store testing. I played it for a matter of maybe 5 minutes on a practice pad style kit. So I guess i'm not the best person to be answering your question. I thought it was easy to operate though.
Tim
Killer Tofu
new
new

Post Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:46 am

my older brother who alos drums owns one of these so i tried it out its a very smooth transition from hi hat to double you just move your foot over and the pedal slides with you, its great for eliminating that 3rd pedal ya know? i think its a great piece of hardware and if i had the money ide get one and im not sure about guitar centers polocies for ordering stuff but if you dont find it there check ou music123.com or musiciansfriend.com (music123 is usually cheaper then guitar center anyway)
You can have my illegal fireworks when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.........which are ....over there somewhere
drummer98203
new
new

Post Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:27 am

I tried one and broke it. Personally I think there junk... Im stickin to my 9000's
The Gede
new
new

Post Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:12 am

iI dont like it, `cause you cant use the hi hat and bass pedal at same time, i have to sell it, and also i own the janus double pedal, and its terrible, a lot of noise, and to, I have a problem with the linkage system, and Mapex never give me a response, very disapointed.....better DW 9000 or Tama Iron Cobra....
RMV drums, Sabian and Zildjian cymbals, Evans and RMV drumheads. Janus Ergo double bass pedals.