pedal placement

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

Howepirate

Post Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:51 pm

so i was thinking about it and i was just wondering since i love my hats close to my snare does anyone put theyre slave pedal on the left side of their hat pedal (or right if your lefty) just wondering throw some feedback in :D
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:55 pm

i put mine on the right side of my hats because i can still get my hats close. i used to play my hats about 12" from my snare so where they are now is just fine by me. ive seen a lot of guys that play with the slave pedal on the left but that would be awkward for me to do.
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
Rob the Drummer
session drummer
session drummer

Post Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:11 pm

I started out putting the slave on the left simply because of the hi-hat stand's base. Once I got a spinning base on the hats, I could then place the slave to the right and still have the hats close. I would suggest getting a Hi-hat with a revolving base if that is your problem.
Rata-tata-zzzzzzz......Drums Always!

www.youtube.com/robthedrummer
m
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:25 pm

I used to, but then I got a remote hat and a 12" snare and the pedal placements really opened up underneath there.
GI-Jake1
new
new

Post Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:48 am

im thinkin about puttin my slave on the left... i have the Peal Eliminator, w/ interchangeable Cams... my hi-Hat legs always take off my slave cam, and if the dont take it off, it rubs, and messes the recoil up BIG TIME
Bigd11
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:49 am

i have my toms and snare in a kind of like triangle, very similar to David Silverias set up and i like to have my hi hats along side my 10" tom so i still have plenty of room for my slave pedal to the right of my hi-hat, Im 6ft 8 so my legs are pretty long and my pedal set up is a bit strange because of that
Heresy! \M/
loop
session drummer
session drummer

Post Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:22 am

If I have my double pedal set up I have the slave pedal between my hats and snare, so to the right of the hh stand
dim my eyes if they should compromise
Howepirate

Post Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:12 am

thanks for feedback yeh i was just wondering if i was like the only person besides billy ward who does that
K!S!N
new
new

Post Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:03 pm

I currrently have the slave right next to my hat on the right side. the leg on my hat hardly ever gets in the wayof the slave, but sometimes there is contact between the slave and hat leg, so i'm going to invest in a DW 9000 hia-hat stand. It has 2 legs and uses the pedal itself as a leg, so theres no third leg to get in the way.

Heres a picture of it.
Shalaq
session drummer
session drummer

Post Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:23 pm

I have a 2legged Iron Cobra hh stand and I recommend that type of stands to anyone having a double pedal. Very comfortable.
Mapex, Istanbul Agop, Attack, Vater/O4D.
I want an endorsement :)
Quick link to the search engine:
http://www.drumsmylife.com/search.php
wolfsburg6674
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:38 pm

as of right now i dont have a double pedal but i was thinking about buying that janus hi hat/double pedal froma mapex...anyone use that? is it any good?
Fudman
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:00 am

I have the same pedal as Shalaq IDK witch vesion he has but I have the belt drive version, I have the slave pedal to the right and very close. I love running the hihat and slave at the same time :D
loop
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:46 am

K!S!N - I use DW 9000 hihat stand. You'll love it for sure. Stable, and really smooth. The two-leg design enables you to set up your pedals really comfortably
dim my eyes if they should compromise
Darrin64
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:00 pm

Is there any brands of hardware out there that lock the hi hat and slave double bass pedal together? As in keeps your pedal from pushin away from you. I built a thing that I use all the time that does this but was just courious if there is such a thing?

Thanks
Darrin