Cymbal Cleaner

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

Xfactor
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:20 pm

Rob the Drummer wrote:I like 'em dirty! For some reason, the older and dirtier my cymbals get, I think they sound better.

I have to agree with you on this one. Cymbals are like fine wine the older the better. However if you are going for the look alone Nano polish works great.
downshifter99
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:11 am

Wrights Copper Cream

This IS the best!!!

I've used alot of different "cymbal cleaners" and this stuff is the balls! :shock:
Taye:Rock Pro Classic Rock 5 Piece
Sabian:Cymbals
Tama & Pearl:Hardware
Evans:Drum heads
Vader:Fat Back 3A Sticks & Slick-Nuts
quikstang2
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:24 pm

I like my cymbals to be nice and dirty. I know the shiney stuff looks pretty, but it's not worth the hassle to me.

I have used Flitz in the past and it cleaned them really well, but the labels came off.

Be careful though, I've heard horror stories of a couple people seriously damaging their cymbals using some of those weird cleaners.
8-piece Mapex Vx
5-piece Premier 1960s vintage

custom vintage Mapex 5-piece (for sale)
madoox87
new
new

Post Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:29 pm

Buckaroo cymbal cleaner is awesome, but smells awful. It always gets the job done.
SUCKA!
markt36264
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:16 pm

Start with Wenol. It is the least abrasive and the easiest to use. Finish up with a coat of Kleen Guard (.99 at Wal-mart) on everything, Drums, Cymbals and Hardware.