Music that freaks you out!

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

FelterSkelter
session drummer
session drummer

Post Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:15 am

THE BUNNYBRAINS..............I guess you could call them noise art? I don't disagree with it but it is a freaky off kilter genre.
andybfrank
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:20 am

Bepob is totally beyond my grasp at the moment. I hope to remedy that.
BillRayDrums
Member Of The Year 2010
Member Of The Year 2010

Post Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:33 pm

Right now I'm into a group from Belgium called Flat Earth Society.

http://www.fes.be/index.html
break the prism
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:51 pm

technopop/dance (Aqua, DaRude, etc)

20th century twelve-tone piano music
Beat on.
kevin owns at life
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:32 pm

Dillface wrote:
Captain_Original wrote:Ska. It's super fun. :)

Oh dude, Ska is freaking amazing. Gotta love the horns :mrgreen:

+1

ska is definitely without a doubt my favorite genre. it's amazing what 7 musicians playing different instruments superbly can do, is it not?

moving on, music that "scares" me? i can't really say anything is that bad, theres music i don't understand, like black metal and just shitty metal bands, along with the really poppy sounding shit on the radio, i don't understand that. can't forget hip hop, rap, r and b of today also, i don't really get how bullshit like that sells. i don't know how the "top songs" right now are about fucking lip gloss, partying like a rockstar...? and shit like that. i mean honestly, what the fuck is our world coming to. lol. oh and about the metal, don't get me wrong, i LOVE some metal. i think some metal bands are fucking amazing, like what they do melodically and rhythmically. i really think it's amazing. there's nothing better than a well written solo, backed by an excellent drummer,whilst incorporating different genres like jazz. i think that's really cool, so don't bash me on that note.

i don't listen to the radio. i really don't. it's bullshit. all the commercialized bullshit is just something i can't stand. as far as radio goes, i listen to independant stations that play real bands and like local music, i think that's cool. WKPX 88.5 would be my favorite. it'd be excellent if those stations could get better quality signals, oh well.

take it easy,
kevin