Bigfoot Beaters/Silverfox Drumsticks

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

mikeellis
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:49 am

I am pleased to announce that I and my 'alter-ego', MikeE are now proud endorsees of Bigfoot Beaters.

Last year, Chris and the team made some beaters for DM that would be compatible with 252 pedals and we were knocked out with the quality of the product, service and craftsmanship. So it was without hesitation that I accepted the kind invitation to become part of the Bigfoot family which includes Mark Richardson, Adrian Erlandsson, Craig Blundell, Andy Edwards, Martin 'Magic' Johnson, Doc Spoons, Jason Bowld and many other outstanding players.

It's a great honour to be involved with this exciting and creative company and I look forward to a long and rewarding association with them.

Thanks guys!

www.marrelldrums.com

[\chuffed] :D
Last edited by mikeellis on Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Proud endorser of
HIGHWOOD DRUMS, PAISTE CYMBALS, SILVERFOX STICKS, BASKEY ACCESSORIES, DUALLIST PEDALS & HARDCASE CASES.
millsybaby
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:56 am

Deja vu :lol:

Hang on - lets re-live the moment

Which ones are you using? I've been uber tempted for some Animal beaters haha - a few reasons really, 1 i've been tempted to get some of these babies for a while now but the main "fix" was simply because of the wow comedy factor they'd get hahaha

HAHA!

Once again, good stuff Mike! Cant wait for some piccys of your setup with it on 8)
mikeellis
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:03 am

You maaaaapet!!!! :D
Proud endorser of
HIGHWOOD DRUMS, PAISTE CYMBALS, SILVERFOX STICKS, BASKEY ACCESSORIES, DUALLIST PEDALS & HARDCASE CASES.
millsybaby
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:15 am

mikeellis wrote:You maaaaapet!!!! :D

My lunacy be my best feature

If i buy them animal beaters, consider me your 1st turning :wink:
Timekeep69

Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:52 am

Do they have a website?
www.pjclevenger.com

www.medicinemandrumsaz.com

DML Special: 20% off all drums.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left!
mikeellis
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:55 am

millsybaby wrote:
mikeellis wrote:You maaaaapet!!!! :D

My lunacy be my best feature

If i buy them animal beaters, consider me your 1st turning :wink:

You are prone to having funny turns......
Proud endorser of
mikeellis
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:56 am

Timekeep69 wrote:Do they have a website?

www.marrelldrums.com

Click on 'beaters' for specs and then 'shop' for pix of the range available.
Proud endorser of
mikeellis
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:10 pm

Sooo....today, first time after I checked them out that I got to use them in a real, live situation. Blummen fantastic. The balance is spot on, gives great control at all velocities and the power when needed is just breathtaking. Before I gave them a quick work out a while back, I thought, like many they were a bit gimmicky, the test changed my mind and today has confirmed to me what fantastic beaters they are (regardless of appearance!!).

And the hi-hat topper is really dinky too!
Proud endorser of
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:18 pm

man, i really want a pair of those yellow smiley face beaters....those things are sweet.
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
mikeellis
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:36 pm

More good news, those thoroughly lovely chaps at Silverfox Drumsticks now have cuddly ole me on board now.

In July, I tried out a pair of SF sticks, and after two months of numerous recording sessions, rehearsals and gigs, the sticks are still going strong. Thanks guys, top/outstanding product, two Ellis thumbs up.
Proud endorser of