the jimmy leg

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

mapexdrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:17 pm

otherwise known as [restless leg syndrome] i have it on my dominant foot..[the foot i use on the kick drum] and well it HAS affected my playing....anyone thats sharing the same uphill battle? solutions? :D
lets drum fast and sexy :]
dugdrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:51 am

i have it in both legs..usually it only bothers me at night when i'm inactive..never had a problem gigging..
drummer for HEY YOU a tribute t pink floyd!

hug it out bitch!
boombap11
new
new

Post Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:33 pm

oh wow. i don't know if this is what you are referring to but i had a problem some years ago with my hi hat foot .it would just start shaking sometimes and it would freak me out.there was a drummer by the name of samari celestial from sun ra. told me to get a seat with a back on it and see a chiropractor. long story short i got an adjustment and never happened again.
YATTIE
galgano16
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:09 pm

stab ur self in the leg with a screwdriver and c wht it does 4 ur nerves(make sure it goes all the way through the bone and out the other side 2 achieve maximum nerve reaction)
SmellsLikeIan
groove master
groove master

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:19 am

Yeah, that happens to me sometimes, usually right before bed, though. Never happened on a gig........

Yet.

I've seen the commercials for the RLS medication, but I figure it would just make me drowsy, and I'm pretty skeptical of pharmaceutical companies anyhow.
yee freakin' haw