Sound-proofing advice

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

Carter
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:22 am

Hi Guys,

A room has recently been built at the back of our place. Most of my drumming willll be done out in this room. The problem is that sound-proofing was not factored in during the building process.

Does anyone have some (relatively) cheap, easy (if possible) and viable solutions to minimse the noise?

PHYSICALLY- The room is about the size of a garage with (shudder) tiles as a floor with a regular wall on one face and windows (with coverings) on the other. I plan to put rugs on the tiles. What about movable carpet screens on wheels?

ANY MORE SUGGESTIONS would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Guys!
Tama drums!
jwoo10
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:36 am

Movers Packing quilts are great noise reducers I use them on the ceiling in my drum room

that tile floor is gonna be a prob (Unless you're recording in there).. then iyt can be a big plus BUT for a practice room.. COVER it up man...

you can further isolate your kit but errecting mini walls (much like stand alone subdividers in small offices)