Pacific 805 Series snare drum. 10x6

Tama, Pearl, Yamaha, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

grimey mike
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:41 am

its the one thats red, or red and black... anyone got, or used it, if so what do you think? its pretty cheap and if its as punchy as it looks i wanna get it for an aux snare. cheers
polyrythemicgenocide
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:18 pm

I don't own one but I've played one and they're bitch barking loud. I've a tama chrome snare in those sizes. I find metal snares to have more bark, but, I love small snares like these because you have the option of overtuning to get the bark outta it and still in tune as your playing time expands. With standard sized snares I always ended up busting the side snare I tuned it so well but, the latter is the advantages of smaller diamaters and the tightness. Big drums in general can be a waste of space, like Bonhams 26" kick drum for instance, yuck. Even tho he was a godly drummer with a drum sound to die for, it's just unnecessary. I like small drums so I can have more of them, I draw the cut-off point of being no bigger than the standard rock configuration.
ONLY THE PROG SURVIVE
drumr4life509
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:48 pm

yea ive got one. its a nice little snare for the price. heres a semi decent pic of it, dont mind the singer of my band looking retarted doing who knos wut behind my set.

grimey mike
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:50 am

cheers for the help, i think i'll get one as there so cheap! and i see your point about larger drums polyrythemicgenocide, espically if you have a big bass drum with toms above, it just makes the set up awkward! and it does mean you can have more drums, which is always good!

thanks
Pork Sword
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:57 am

I have the 805 in all black...it's a great sounding little drum for the money...it's got awesome cut...it gets right through my 2 guitar players, keyboards & a bassist with no problems...crank it and it's got an awesome timbalito sound when the snares are off...

great buy, I really enjoy it.
"as your attorney, I advise you to drive at top speed & it'll be a goddamn miracle if we can get there before you turn into a wild animal!!....30 minutes, it was going to be very close."