[nemesss] - Ludwig

You have a Kit that You're proud of it? We want to see it!

Moderator: Moderators

nemesss
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:37 am

Okay....here we go....some okay shots:

If you want to see or learn more about myself or my band, you can go to:

http://www.myspace.com/rogerallan
http://www.myspace.com/surrenderthefall

Have a slammin day and keep playing no matter what!!!
Thanks for playing....
loop
session drummer
session drummer

Post Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:41 am

I'm loving your set! Especially the paistes! Am I right seeing some Danny Carey influences?
dim my eyes if they should compromise
grimey mike
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:42 am

awsome kit man! bet it sounds big! espically that either 22 or 24 bass... whats the specs?

mike
grimey mike
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:53 am

have you triggered every drum? noticed them on snare and toms, doesn't it miss trigger alot?

mike
Qbs
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:41 am

oh yes! a line sig dark ride + mega cup chime! great cymbals! 8)
Rhytm is a way to transmit a description of experience
in an emotional and not abstract way.
It is more than a metaphor:
It is a physical experience as real as any other.
m
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:53 pm

very cool setup!
I'm going to do a little research here- always enjoy learning how other folks are integrating Edrums with their band.
Great kit!
nemesss
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:56 am

This is gonna take some time - but here ya go.

Drums:
Ludwig 8x8, 10x10, 14x14, 16x16 Toms, 18x22 Kicks (2), 6x14 DW Edge Snare (signed by Marco Minnemann at a clinic I attended in New Orleans before Katrina blew up my city).

Cymbals (from left to right) - ALL PAISTE LOVIN:
6in Cup Chime, 12in Signature Splash, 13in Signature Dark Crisp HiHats, 20in 2002 Novo China, 18in Signature Fast Crash, 5in Cup Chime, 10in Signature Splash, 18in Signature Full Crash, 18in Signature Heavy China, 13in Mega Cup Chime, 22in Signature Dark Metal Ride, 19in Signature Power Crash, 32in Symphonic Gong.

Electronics (from left to right):
Yamaha 16 channel mixing board, 2 Alesis 3630 Compressor/Gates (attached to each kick drum and snare), Shure PSM400 Wireless In-Ear Monitors, Roland SPD-S and TD-10. Toms and Snare are Triggered w/ original Roland Triggers (metal ones) as well as PD-120 and PD-80 trigger pads.

Hardware (Yamaha unless specificed):
Flying Dragon Pedals, Mesh Throne, Cymbal Boom Arms, Gibraltar Liquid Drive NO-LEG HiHat Stand, DW9000 Snare Stand, Gibraltar Rack Tubes with PDP Clamps.

Drumheads (ALL Evans):
Snare-Coated Power Dot, Hazy 300 Snare Side, EMad's and Retroscreens, either EC-2's or G2 Coated on Tom tops, G1 Clears on bottoms...may try the new EC-2 Coated...we'll see.

Drumsticks:
Vater ALL THE WAY.

Misc:
Speedblaster Beaters and Puresound Snare Wires. Road Ready Cases including 2 Rolling Trunks.

In answer to the question regarding double triggering or miss triggering...I only use the tom/snare triggers for sound effects when necessary. I use the foot switches to work inbetween patches during/inbetween songs. I am NOT using the triggers to provide drum sounds for every song.

Yes these Ludwig Drums are LOUD...so loud I actually had to get rid of my Paiste 2002 5x14 Snare Drum because it was too bright and got lost in the mix...bummed, but it will go to a good home.

I hope this answers any questions you may have and if you want to know more, just ask. Have a great day to all of you.

~R~
Thanks for playing....
nemesss
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:00 am

This is gonna take some time - but here ya go.

Drums:
Ludwig 8x8, 10x10, 14x14, 16x16 Toms, 18x22 Kicks (2), 6x14 DW Edge Snare (signed by Marco Minnemann at a clinic I attended in New Orleans before Katrina blew up my city).

Cymbals (from left to right) - ALL PAISTE LOVIN:
6in Cup Chime, 12in Signature Splash, 13in Signature Dark Crisp HiHats, 20in 2002 Novo China, 18in Signature Fast Crash, 5in Cup Chime, 10in Signature Splash, 18in Signature Full Crash, 18in Signature Heavy China, 13in Mega Cup Chime, 22in Signature Dark Metal Ride, 19in Signature Power Crash, 32in Symphonic Gong.

Electronics (from left to right):
Yamaha 16 channel mixing board, 2 Alesis 3630 Compressor/Gates (attached to each kick drum and snare), Shure PSM400 Wireless In-Ear Monitors, Roland SPD-S and TD-10. Toms and Snare are Triggered w/ original Roland Triggers (metal ones) as well as PD-120 and PD-80 trigger pads.

Microphones (Audix ONLY):
2 D6's, 5 F-90's. Am going to be picking up a couple I-5's for overheads at some point...actually I own them already, but my band is using them for guitar cab mics for now.

Hardware (Yamaha unless specificed):
Flying Dragon Pedals, Mesh Throne, Cymbal Boom Arms, Gibraltar Liquid Drive NO-LEG HiHat Stand, DW9000 Snare Stand, Gibraltar Rack Tubes with PDP Clamps.

Drumheads (ALL Evans):
Snare-Coated Power Dot, Hazy 300 Snare Side, EMad's and Retroscreens, either EC-2's or G2 Coated on Tom tops, G1 Clears on bottoms...may try the new EC-2 Coated...we'll see.

Drumsticks:
Vater ALL THE WAY.

Misc:
Speedblaster Beaters and Puresound Snare Wires. Road Ready Cases including 2 Rolling Trunks.

In answer to the question regarding double triggering or miss triggering...I only use the tom/snare triggers for sound effects when necessary. I use the foot switches to work inbetween patches during/inbetween songs. I am NOT using the triggers to provide drum sounds for every song.

Yes these Ludwig Drums are LOUD...so loud I actually had to get rid of my Paiste 2002 5x14 Snare Drum because it was too bright and got lost in the mix...bummed, but it will go to a good home.

Danny Carey influence you say....OH YEAH BABY!!! Now if I could just get his dexterity down, I would be stoked. Actually when I was working at Guitar Center, I noticed he uses a book that we would sell at the store....shortly after buying a copy, I began selling it to EVERYONE!!! 4-Way Coordination is one of the best books to pick up...even if you can't read music like me....Can't read music to save my life; perhaps it goes back to the lack of desire to learn calculus or history...who knows. Buy that book, huge things will come to your playing.

I hope this answers any questions you may have and if you want to know more, just ask. Have a great day to all of you.

~R~
Thanks for playing....
grimey mike
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:15 am

nemesss wrote:In answer to the question regarding double triggering or miss triggering...I only use the tom/snare triggers for sound effects when necessary. I use the foot switches to work inbetween patches during/inbetween songs. I am NOT using the triggers to provide drum sounds for every song.

Danny Carey influence you say....OH YEAH BABY!!! Now if I could just get his dexterity down, I would be stoked. Actually when I was working at Guitar Center, I noticed he uses a book that we would sell at the store....shortly after buying a copy, I began selling it to EVERYONE!!! 4-Way Coordination is one of the best books to pick up...even if you can't read music like me....Can't read music to save my life; perhaps it goes back to the lack of desire to learn calculus or history...who knows. Buy that book, huge things will come to your playing.

~R~

ahhh i see, thats a sweet use of the triggers actually might have to look into that one! yer, i got the ludwig rocker, with the 22" bass, and you can hear it for miles! haha! fun to piss people off though! cheers for the info!
steflan
new
new

Post Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:26 am

my god.....

all that in a drum kit....

good sound....

:wink:
My drum kit is my 2nd wife