The snare of your dream

Tama, Pearl, Yamaha, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Qbs
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:22 am

nice :) I like those deep 8" snares :)
Rhytm is a way to transmit a description of experience
in an emotional and not abstract way.
It is more than a metaphor:
It is a physical experience as real as any other.
Animal
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:00 am

Qbs wrote:nice :) I like those deep 8" snares :)

"Like"? I absolutely love'em! 8)

Also, I'm quite pleased with my wooden (maple) Pearl Free Floating 14" x 5,5". I tune it quite high in pitch, almost like a piccolo, but the depth of the drum make a richer sound in my opinion. Perfect as a side-kick to my main snare drum!
ImageImageImage
dutch
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:49 pm

i have a pearl free floating 14x5.5 (i think) brass, i love it, tune it hi, tune it low always sounds sweet.

now i just have to get the rest of my snares tuned, fixed, and headed , and i'll be all set (and broke!)
Qbs
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:24 pm

Animal wrote:

Also, I'm quite pleased with my wooden (maple) Pearl Free Floating 14" x 5,5". I tune it quite high in pitch, almost like a piccolo, but the depth of the drum make a richer sound in my opinion. Perfect as a side-kick to my main snare drum!

I'd love to have a 8" maple FreeFloater for that really fat backbeat. I saw one once on eBay but didn't have money to bid... :|
loop
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:04 pm

Qbs wrote:
Animal wrote:

I'd love to have a 8" maple FreeFloater for that really fat backbeat. I saw one once on eBay but didn't have money to bid... :|

8'' freefloaters are, unfortunately, discounted. Now the only 8''deep Pearl snare is Vinnie Paul signature. IMO it doesn't look very good but it's the less expensive 8'' maple pro snare on the market
dim my eyes if they should compromise
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:52 pm

i really want a yamaha manu katche 5.5x14 brass but for now i love my spaun. best snare ine heard and its all mine.

zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
Rob the Drummer
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:47 pm

Love to get my hands on a Craviotto. Or the Ludwig Supraphonic 14"x6.5" the most recorded snare in the world.
Rata-tata-zzzzzzz......Drums Always!

www.youtube.com/robthedrummer
Qbs
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:47 am

loop wrote:8'' freefloaters are, unfortunately, discounted. Now the only 8''deep Pearl snare is Vinnie Paul signature. IMO it doesn't look very good but it's the less expensive 8'' maple pro snare on the market

yes I know that... propably Pearl would made a 14x8" masterworks snare for me but I don't even want to know the price of that :)
The19thHole
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:35 am

Anyone ever play the DW Neil Pert snare. Always wanted to try it.
Yamaha Drums
HHX's
Paiste Signatures..mmm
:-)
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:35 am

The19thHole wrote:Anyone ever play the DW Neil Pert snare. Always wanted to try it.

i didnt even know that he had a signature snare...but based on his sound its probably a pretty warm, full bodied snare that blends more than it cuts. i may be wrong but to me that what his cymbals do and thats how his overall sound is identified, at least in my book.
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
millsybaby
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:44 am

I got my dream snare when i finally snagged the Tico Torres Signature, which is basically an 14"x6" Ultracast Free Floater. Awesome tone, really cutting and the loudest drum i've ever heard.

However, i really like the sound of the new Ahead snares and i'm gonna be investing in one of those soon enough and i've been working on a Pearl Masterworks combo for a while now, a 10" and a 14" that would go together perfectly :D
ARCHxANGEL
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:50 am

While I am the proud parent of 20 beautiful snares my dream snare has yet to be made.I won't disclose exactly how I want it ( as I have architecture under my belt and have it all drawn up ) but I wanta Maple and Mahog snare that has the internal capacity to house either copper,aluminum,steel,or brass in small sheets that ( 4 per drum ) that can be swapped and if desired have one of each inside the drum.The warmth of wood with the balls of metal all in one.Thats my dream snare.
drummer girl
new
new

Post Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:29 am

I know I'm probably a little bias in this department. But I believe I work for one of the best drum companies out there Craviotto Drum Co. And I have my dream snare( one of the perks)

8x14 curely maple solid split lug snare with a blue oil finish.

Sounds KILLER!
Rob the Drummer
session drummer
session drummer

Post Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:47 pm

That is a beatiful snare! I want one! :D
Rata-tata-zzzzzzz......Drums Always!

www.youtube.com/robthedrummer
RvA
new
new

Post Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:04 pm