Electronic Drums

Pearl, Tama, Yamaha, DW, Ludwig, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Johnny Cat
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:48 pm

I used to look at them as nothing more than a poor imitation designed to replace real drums, which they'll never do. With that limited viewpoint I eventually realized I was doing them an injustice and cheating myself out of a lot of fun.

NOW I look at Electronic drums as a different instrument than acoustic drums, sort of like the difference between an acoustic and an electric guitar. I no longer see one type of drum as trying to live up to the other.

If you keep that in mind and find the right application, you can have LOADS of fun with them, especially with a Roland kit.
Tama Rockstar Custom 10-Pc
Paiste and Sabian cymbals
Tama "RoadPro" Hardware
Axis "X" Longboard Pedals
Regal Tip "Jazz E" and Promark "Elvin Jones" and "747" Drumsticks
Regal Tip "Ed Thigpen" Brushes
Remo and Evans Drumheads
iamwhatiam
new
new

Post Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:35 am

Electronic kits are pretty much the best thing since sliced bread.
I live in a flat and before i would have to limit my self to playing when i knew the neighbours were out but now i play for a good couple hours every day. They are also just a lot of fun setting off wee samples and stuff.
The pads are so fast too and you get to have your pads where you actually want them because of the size so you can do ridiculouse things on it.
Someone said ghost notes were bad, i find them better- you need to get used to how to play the kit but once you do its good.
Never tried them in a gig but i would like to, but with accoustic cymbals and a snare.