[dahlgrendrummer]

You have a Kit that You're proud of it? We want to see it!

Moderator: Moderators

dahlgrendrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:16 am

Here's some pics of my kit, it's a Maryland Drum, DC series in the following sizes:

9X10, 10X12, 12X14, 14X16 toms, 18X22 kick, 6 1/4X14 20-Ply snare, all with powdercoated black hardware with a charcoal satin finish. My cymbals have changed up a tad since these photos, I am using:

8" Meinl Classics Powerfull Bell
10" Paiste Dimensions Power Splash
12" Wuhan China
14" Paiste Dimensions Power Hi-Hats
14" Wuhan S-Series Hi-Hats
18" Meinl Amun Medium Crash
18" Paiste 2002 Novo China
18" Paiste Dimensions Power China, Reflector series
19" Paiste Dimensions Power Crash
20" Paiste 2002 Power Crash
22" Meinl Soundcaster Custom PowerBell Ride

I use Axis AL-2's, IC Hi-Hat(velo-glide)Pearl Rack and a mixture of Gibralter and pearl boom arms.

dutch
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:57 am

nice! i love the axis pedal!
Qbs
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:05 pm

very neat, I like your setup :)
Rhytm is a way to transmit a description of experience
in an emotional and not abstract way.
It is more than a metaphor:
It is a physical experience as real as any other.
loop
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:38 pm

Amazing set! I'm diggin' your cymbals:) How do you like your Axis pedals?
dim my eyes if they should compromise
dahlgrendrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:28 pm

I love my Axis, there is nothing in the world like it, even the new Trick pedals fall short. That being said, if your a rock drummer, it may not be worth your time fooling around with an Axis, an IC or DW 5000 will do nicely for rock. I am so on the fence with cymbals nowadays, I love my Paistes, but Meinl makes some great stuff too. And I am also in talks with Saluda about a possible cymbal deal, I already have a drum contract with Maryland so all I need now is cymbals!!
Rob the Drummer
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:28 pm

I love that kit man, very similar setup to mine. I bet them puppies sing! Maryland Drums are great and not many hear about them.
Rata-tata-zzzzzzz......Drums Always!

www.youtube.com/robthedrummer
millsybaby
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:35 pm

Rob the Drummer wrote:I love that kit man, very similar setup to mine. I bet them puppies sing! Maryland Drums are great and not many hear about them.

I played on one of their kist when i was in the USA trying out everything i could get my paws on - UK stores arent nearly as accomodating to tesing and such as USA stores so i made the most of it, some of the best sounding drums i've played without a doubt.
millsybaby
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:35 pm

That really is a sweet setup! Really smooth flowing aswell, very "natural"
dahlgrendrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:11 pm

millsybaby wrote:
Rob the Drummer wrote:I love that kit man, very similar setup to mine. I bet them puppies sing! Maryland Drums are great and not many hear about them.

I played on one of their kist when i was in the USA trying out everything i could get my paws on - UK stores arent nearly as accomodating to tesing and such as USA stores so i made the most of it, some of the best sounding drums i've played without a doubt.

I agree, there aren't many kits out there that sound as good as Maryland Drums. Keith the guy who designs and builds the MD stuff is awesome to work with, he builds each kit according to your style and purpose. I play metal and hardcore, so all my drums are thicker than standard, 8-ply toms, 10-ply bass drum, and 20-ply snare.
drumDawG
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:19 pm

My Pearl Masters BRX 6ply birch.. :roll: Now , "Datza da best"
:shock: I play "rock " music and use the hell out of my Axis longboard X's with sonic hammers - fool. Nice Maryland's though!
Is it okay to use my Promark 747 rock drumsticks to play funk music? Kidding dude! Very nice set! :wink:
"you just think it don't stink"
dahlgrendrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:35 pm

drumDawG wrote:My Pearl Masters BRX 6ply birch.. :roll: Now , "Datza da best"
:shock: I play "rock " music and use the hell out of my Axis longboard X's with sonic hammers - fool. Nice Maryland's though!
Is it okay to use my Promark 747 rock drumsticks to play funk music? Kidding dude! Very nice set! :wink:

Not to be a dick but a BRX sound better than a MDC...uh no. MDC has a lot awards that say otherwise. As for Axis, what can I say your a rock player who has good taste in gear instead of caring about how many sparkly stars are on your kit, hahaha. It's funny you say that about the 747's, I used to use 7A's for metal, hahahaha, it worked, sorta.
m
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:25 am

dahlgrendrummer wrote: all I need now is cymbals!!

if you're still looking into a cymbal deal, talk to my friend Willy at Cymbal Outfitters, he has a Turk Masters connection. They're new, and really tasty. He had my set custom-lathed to my exact specs.

http://www.myspace.com/cymbaloutfitters

http://www.cymbaloutfitters.com