Drummers That SUCK!!!

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

SmellsLikeIan
groove master
groove master

Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:20 pm

I saw rikki rocket live a couple years back. He kept a strong beat and spun his friggin sticks so much it made my head spin. He is definitely bad ass. I have gone to see up and coming bands and have been blown away by people I have never heard of. At the same time, I have witnessed terrible sets in which it was obvious that the drummer was the weak link and spent more time at football practice than drumming during high school. Let's face it, sure it takes guts, we're a community, bla, bla, bla....Some people just don't have talent. If everyone did, no one would stand out. What I can't stand is when I pay $5 or so to get in a bar, only to have to suffer through a bunch of crappy hacks who make it obvious that they only started playing so they could look cool and get chicks and once they did, musicianship took a backseat. It happens. I've seen it.
yee freakin' haw
Mad_cow
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:27 pm

Yeah, but here were all drummers, some people are complaining about "how did so and so get soofamous" well we are looking at it from the point of view of a drummer, not a fan that doesn't know as much about music as us,

We are of an Elite Breed

haha

spudzzz
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:46 am

Scott_Hurford wrote:
spudzzz wrote:I would have to say -

John Bonham
Neil Pert
Keith Moon
Jeff Piccaro

How can u say they suck :shock:

:arrow: ok your opinion is respected by me 8)

they suck cause they are so much better than me
in my view, I will always pick up something from watching a drummer that makes me go wow, so in reality, never seen or heard a drummer that sucks
spud
itchycritchy
new
new

Post Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:16 am

me :D :D
Dale
session drummer
session drummer

Post Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:40 am

Mike Portnoy has a feud with Neal Peart?

Why?
I don't know what I'm talking about!

"Don't play FOR people. Play WITH people."
- Papa Jo Jones
nhdrummergrl
new
new

Post Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:39 pm

Anyone who has a passion for the rhythm, and gets behind a kit , whether it be someone elses, in a store, in a basement, in a living room, in a bedroom, on a stage with 10 people watching, or millions...RAWKS;)
"It's every parent's nightmare, I suppose, that their child becomes a drummer."-Roger Taylor, Duran Duran
Erik
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:19 am

My least fav. drummer is easily the Roland R8 drum machine.
Or any drum machine.

Music is made by musicIANS, not a computer.

My fav. thing to say to kids listening to ... (drum machine music
(justin, rap, hip hop, etc..) is,
"Hey, who played drums on this?-
Sony!?!!"
:lol:
Hi.
elchris2k6
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:25 am

ehh, they're a couple drummers whos attitudes i dislike, mainly because they think they are better than everyone else, but in my opinion, you should respect anyone who drums crappy, talented etc, and if your better than them, faster better technique or w/e then you teach not criticize.
Dale
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:45 am

Having spent time working and teaching in drum stores, I think I have an idea which drummers suck. You know who they are? I'll tell you.

Guys who cannot play, but come into drum shops thinking they can play and then sit at the store kits and solo.

People working in drum stores know who I mean. ;)

- Papa Jo Jones
REVEREND_HUDSON
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:46 am

Drummers sucking is all relative. I could say oh Meg from the White Stripes sucks...then someone could just as easily listen to my stuff and go - man, YOU suck. I'm sticking to positive vibes and love for drumming...to he@# with this thread.
LayingGroovesJam
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:57 am

Their is only one type of suck ass people, Its the lead singers, lead guitar players and i know of a couple that think a drummer is JUST a drummer. Ive heard them say this and thats the attitude of alot of singers, guitar players.
Anyone that has played for anyone, even if its just for one person is to me taking that step to be a musician.

dont let what others say, make you think your bad or someone else is bad.
Drummers Keep the groove and believe me , if it werent for the drummer, music would not be as it is today.

Peace
LUDWIG
CS Custom eltite, Amber, 10,12,13,16,Toms
18x22 bass, speed King.
14 AA Med Hats, AA 10 splash, AAX 12 splash, Xs20 Med 20 ride, 16 Xs20 Crash, 16 B8 pro crash, AA 18 Fash china.
Remo
Sabain
Vater
Roc & Soc

IN works Octobans.
Jaymoney
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:50 am

any drummer who looks like they are not enjoying themselves...thats hard to watch.
youngdrummer
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:04 am

This thread sucks.
Dale
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:17 am

Drummers that SUCK!!!!

Steve Gadd
Jim Keltner
Buddy Rich
Vinnie
Louis......

;)

Yes, this thread sucks BIG TIME.

- Papa Jo Jones
warlocke
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:37 pm

I wouldn't ever bag on another drummer because we all (or at least most of us) just want to do the same thing - be the best drummer we can be and maybe make a living at it. When it comes to drummers I don't like for whatever reason, I just DON'T buy their CDs, don't buy tickets to see their shows, and and change the station when they come on the radio. I would never pay to see Rikki Rocket OR Lars but both for completely different reason, but NOT because they suck.

(Well at least not Lars. heheh)