Drummers That SUCK!!!

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

Ajax4
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:16 pm

"Ok ok, all you people who hate the Rev and like Lars... Lars is weak little insect, and the Rev atleast uses skillful fills (a lot of Nick Barker esq stuff). My opinion of this forum just went down the moment i read "Lars has talent." Lars has ABSOLUTELY NO talent, and hes a jackass, and on top of it all, hes a shitty drummer. People need to get back into real drummers like George Kollias and Derek Roddy. But hey, what do I know... I'll tell you what I know, James King from Origin can play CIRCLES around Lars... and not even just Circles, he can play SPHERES around him. Lars makes me ashamed of being a drummer and any1 who supports him or his Nazi propoganda is just a f*cking idiot. Kirk hammet is the only one worth anything from metallica anyways. Everything before Ride The Lightning is shitty."

here
his band has sold millions of albums, inspired thousands of kids and played to millions of people.
wheres your platinum album?
wheres your sold out stadium gigs?
not to hate, but he's done a lot with his drumming, he may not be the most tech guy, but millions of people seem to like it, even if you dont dude
druminzeetobaccofade
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:23 pm

I lost a little respect for Lars when they let that snare sound in sayin anger, be recorded.... brutal! lol.... And of course the whole napster deal, that was pretty jacked up.

I have a hard time showing respect to any musician who comes at you with a god complex, period.. There's always someone better right around the corner.

So for me, drummers that suck are drummers who have egos that overwhelm their playing (god complexes).
I'm in a metal band out of Oklahoma, stop by if your interrested in checking it out..

www.myspace.com/against72

Noble & Cooley (www.noblecooley.com)

Trick pedals (www.trickdrums.com)
CptSchtooping
new
new

Post Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:28 pm

Lars is by far the worst drummer and biggest POSER on the planet..Him and Tommy Lee
drumkitlover
new
new

Post Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:40 pm

ok... i think the rev is a little cocky but he is one of the best drummers around and he has the right to be cocky...... my least favorite drummer that i just can't stand would have to be Lars Ulrich :evil:
Mid Youth Crisis
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:28 am

Its a free country (well mine is) and if you dont like this being discussed, DONT read!
Or is this place run by facists?
geez!!
"Have you heard...Have you listened lately?"
Mid Youth Crisis
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:39 am

loop wrote:
TrunJun wrote:Ok ok, all you people who hate the Rev and like Lars... Lars is weak little insect, and the Rev atleast uses skillful fills (a lot of Nick Barker esq stuff). My opinion of this forum just went down the moment i read "Lars has talent." Lars has ABSOLUTELY NO talent, and hes a jackass, and on top of it all, hes a shitty drummer. People need to get back into real drummers like George Kollias and Derek Roddy. But hey, what do I know... I'll tell you what I know, James King from Origin can play CIRCLES around Lars... and not even just Circles, he can play SPHERES around him. Lars makes me ashamed of being a drummer and any1 who supports him or his Nazi propoganda is just a f*cking idiot. Kirk hammet is the only one worth anything from metallica anyways. Everything before Ride The Lightning is shitty.

I don't think Lars sucks! I respect that guy because he made thousands of kids start playing drums!

I think Lars is a great player, but i hate the man Lars Ulrich. A real fucking wanker.
"Have you heard...Have you listened lately?"
Dale
session drummer
session drummer

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:02 am

Drummers that suck? That's easy. Amateurs who put down professionals.
I don't know what I'm talking about!

"Don't play FOR people. Play WITH people."
- Papa Jo Jones
Ajax4
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:27 am

hahahaha good one!
mikeellis
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:43 am

Well said - but even the ams are entitled to an opinion?

My view? There's no such thing as a drummer that sucks, however, there are lots of people who own drumkits that suck.

If you know what I mean.........?
Proud endorser of
HIGHWOOD DRUMS, PAISTE CYMBALS, SILVERFOX STICKS, BASKEY ACCESSORIES, DUALLIST PEDALS & HARDCASE CASES.
Dale
session drummer
session drummer

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:52 am

mikeellis wrote:Well said - but even the ams are entitled to an opinion?

Well of course they are. Opinions are like arseholes.... :lol:

I've also heard many terrible drummers. They've all been amateurs. You know the type. Guys that constantly speed up or slow down. Can't keep a beat. Play too loud. Don't listen to the music and solo all over everything.

There's plenty of bad drummers out there. I'd never mention one by name though.

But all the pro's are good in their own way. Were they not, they wouldn't be pro's. That's just how it is. People who can't play don't get very far in this business. All those guys that have been mentioned as being bad drummers can all play.
I don't know what I'm talking about!

"Don't play FOR people. Play WITH people."
- Papa Jo Jones
BillRayDrums
Member Of The Year 2010
Member Of The Year 2010

Post Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:45 pm

Mid Youth Crisis wrote:Its a free country (well mine is) and if you dont like this being discussed, DONT read!
Or is this place run by facists?
geez!!

I am 100% for free speech. I support anyone's right to express themselves.

All too often people make their beds, and complain when they have to lay in them.

Anyone who has the good fortune to have made a name in this business and the income level to live in this world doing nothing but playing their drums gets at least a base level of respect from me. I can only hope that I get to the point of being told I suck....that means that people are talking about me, at least.

Sometimes it's better to say nothing at all.
downshifter99
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:38 pm

Man,this is a bummer!

My opinion is if you bash other people then YOU suck!
Taye:Rock Pro Classic Rock 5 Piece
Sabian:Cymbals
Tama & Pearl:Hardware
Evans:Drum heads
Vader:Fat Back 3A Sticks & Slick-Nuts
quikstang2
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:39 pm

Drummers that suck...

Me. I don't practice, I suck.

Drummers who say they're good but actually do suck (can't keep time and their beats make you want to have a seizure). I don't like those guys.

As for anyone in particular, other than myself, I can't say. Most drummers only play to the level of the band they're in or what's appropriate for the songs they're playing. So unless you actually know these people and have heard what they can do outside of the bands they're in, you cannot say for certain that they suck. They're getting paid for some reason (good fills, good beats, perfect tempo) and we're not, so they must be better than us.

How about this: If you want to say someone sucks, challenge them to a drum battle and invite all of us (and people who know what the hell they're doing) and we'll all take a vote. The winner can say the loser sucks.

Don't challenge me, I already declare that I suck.
8-piece Mapex Vx
5-piece Premier 1960s vintage

custom vintage Mapex 5-piece (for sale)
drummer_dude9164
new
new

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:24 pm

Drummer333lv wrote:Im just talking about the drummers that shouldn't be famous cause they are just in it for the money. so everybody calm down

so wait u think travis barker and the rev are just in it for the money? jesus do some freakin research kid, just because you dont like them personally doesnt mean they suck. in fact ive never heard of any drummer in it for the money, cus its just so damn fun.
ButterscotchBandit420
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:33 pm

Let`s say that a really talented singer/songwriter can take a less than gracefull drummer a long way. The case of a drummer being in the right place at the right time and having minimal skill but learning the songs and playing them well, over & over again, does not in effect make that person a good drummer. The hope is that as the band matures, so will the drummer.

As far as Lars goes, as soon as the napster stuff went down, I made sure to illegally donwload the whole Metallica discography even though i feel they lost it after And Justice For All.
PDP Drums Sabian Cymbals DW5000 Pedals Gibraltar Rack & Hardware