Drummers That SUCK!!!

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

millsybaby
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:48 pm

To be honest, there are bad drummers out there though. It pains me to say it as who am i to judge, but sometimes when i'm at a gig i'll be thinking "wow this drummers awesome" or the total opposite. Timekeeping, dull playing, sloppy fills because their trying to play above their means etc - all ruins it and to me a good drummer is someone who plays the simpler suff well while trying to better themselves all the time rather than going hell bent into the blastbeats, quads, tiplets and all over the world fills 2 days after picking up the sticks.

I do agree though, if it suits the stuff and the basics are there, there are no bad drummers.
Juice_Terry
new
new

Post Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:24 am

Roger taylor from Queen, I don't know why but I just never really rated him,, Phil Collins too!!

Way to go for a first post.. :roll:
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing.
Ajax4
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:33 am

why does everyone hate lars?
just because they sued napster?
"nobody works for free, why should musicians?"
too right
drummer101
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:10 am

How anyone in a band could dislike or hate Lars for taking on Napster is beyond me. Hell as musicians who are in the industry to at least make our fair share of money we should all be fighting illegal downloads too.

Lars as a drummer is great for Metallica mainly because he is one of the main parts of Metallica and that can never change. His drumming may often be simple but ive heard alot easier stuff before. Also he has a passion for his instrument so he should be respected for that too. He puts a hell of alot into his playing onstage too.

Also to the moron who said Lars should have died instead of Cliff, shame on you. I would doubt Cliff would like you wishing death on his bandmate.
TheRhythmest
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:58 pm

Drummer333lv wrote:Who is the drummer that you can not stand. Or that completly sucks. BTW if you say travis barker....your gay :) I personally can not stand....

The Rev (Avenged Sevenfold).....its not that he's not a good drummer its just his cocky attitude. He's a dick.

oh yeah if someone has already posted this topic im sorry and im an ass :) but post anyways.

Need I remind anyone how much you suck or if you don't? at one time did.... Man when I see SHIT like this I just gotta tell you to get the helll over yourself jackass! WE ALL BRING SOMETHING TO THE STAGE!!!!
TheRhythmest
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:00 pm

And I don't want to seem cocky Im not. But Ive seen alot of drummers and we need to help each other out if we can. Those who think there the shit? Are infact just that SHIT!!!!
NWCrusher
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:07 pm

I don't like to flat out, use the word "suck", but Dave Grohl has been adored by many, but plays painfully simple. I've heard all the "he played what was right for the songs" excuse, but damn, to recieve the accolades that he has for playing simple 2/4 beats makes me wonder what some peoples standard bar is lowered to :?

Grohl doesn't suck, but not worth a bit of praise IMO!
Peter Hammoura
new
new

Post Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:56 pm

Juice_Terry wrote:Roger taylor from Queen, I don't know why but I just never really rated him,, Phil Collins too!!

Way to go for a first post.. :roll:

Go back and listen to Brand X. After you listen to them you will see what Phil Collins can do. And Roger Taylor is a great drummer, IMO.
And that's all this thread is about is opinions. Sure there are drummers that play simple and drummers that play technical. Me personally?, I've learned something from every drummer I've ever seen or heard. We are and should be students of drumming and spend more time playing, listening and learning than wasting time bashing drummers who are living their lives the way they choose to.
But hey, that's just my OPINION.

Code: Select all

[list=][url][/url][/list]
cfyves
new
new

Post Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:06 am

It's an "eye of the beholder" thing.....
BillRayDrums
Member Of The Year 2010
Member Of The Year 2010

Post Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:40 pm

Elevating yourself by stepping on others only ensures that you will slip and fall. And who will be there to pick you up? Rather, who would want to?

Be in competition with YOUR "best self". Don't worry what's going on across the street. Take care of your own yard.

~B
loop
session drummer
session drummer

Post Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:45 pm

BillRayDrums - I totally agree with you. Look at yourself and don't care about other people's playing(unless you can learn something from them!)
dim my eyes if they should compromise
downshifter99
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:49 pm

The act of sucking is all in perspective......I say anyone sucks well,someone is saying the same about me somewhere.

So,I guess we all suck......think about it before you spout your suckers off. :x
Taye:Rock Pro Classic Rock 5 Piece
Sabian:Cymbals
Tama & Pearl:Hardware
Evans:Drum heads
Vader:Fat Back 3A Sticks & Slick-Nuts
TrunJun
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:56 pm

Ok ok, all you people who hate the Rev and like Lars... Lars is weak little insect, and the Rev atleast uses skillful fills (a lot of Nick Barker esq stuff). My opinion of this forum just went down the moment i read "Lars has talent." Lars has ABSOLUTELY NO talent, and hes a jackass, and on top of it all, hes a shitty drummer. People need to get back into real drummers like George Kollias and Derek Roddy. But hey, what do I know... I'll tell you what I know, James King from Origin can play CIRCLES around Lars... and not even just Circles, he can play SPHERES around him. Lars makes me ashamed of being a drummer and any1 who supports him or his Nazi propoganda is just a f*cking idiot. Kirk hammet is the only one worth anything from metallica anyways. Everything before Ride The Lightning is shitty.
loop
session drummer
session drummer

Post Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:03 pm

TrunJun wrote:Ok ok, all you people who hate the Rev and like Lars... Lars is weak little insect, and the Rev atleast uses skillful fills (a lot of Nick Barker esq stuff). My opinion of this forum just went down the moment i read "Lars has talent." Lars has ABSOLUTELY NO talent, and hes a jackass, and on top of it all, hes a shitty drummer. People need to get back into real drummers like George Kollias and Derek Roddy. But hey, what do I know... I'll tell you what I know, James King from Origin can play CIRCLES around Lars... and not even just Circles, he can play SPHERES around him. Lars makes me ashamed of being a drummer and any1 who supports him or his Nazi propoganda is just a f*cking idiot. Kirk hammet is the only one worth anything from metallica anyways. Everything before Ride The Lightning is shitty.

I don't think Lars sucks! I respect that guy because he made thousands of kids start playing drums!
dim my eyes if they should compromise
RushRadio
new
new

Post Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:16 pm

I would have to say that stating any drummer sucks would be off beat! All drummers are good in their own unique way.
I play Sonor Drums