Drummers That SUCK!!!

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

ludwigdrummer29
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:59 pm

screamkevin wrote:This is a bad thread. Let's not ruin our community with negativity. Any drummer that gets up and plays is a good drummer. Simply getting up and doing it takes tremendous talent and guts, and drummers are a credit to the music family. So let's be positive.

i also agree with this

the other day i had a kid telling people i suck...and hes never heard me play
ludwig drums get better with age.
my music myspace
drummert2k

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:05 pm

the only time i've ever told a drummer he sucks to his face was a drummer who's parents bought him about 6 grand worth of drums making him first of all, put down everyone elses kit because he had a top of the line kit. and second, he was one of those drummers who tries to make every song a 3 and a half minute drum solo, but nothin fits. basically thinking only of himself rather than the over band. and then on top of that, we was super cocky going up to people bragging about learning a metallica song or something like that. but even his band would come up and appologige on his behalf because they know how he is. he started on me telling me that he was watching and pretty much was able to play along with everything as we were playing it. and i was thank "thanks dude, thats awesome. we dont try to play technical, we just want everyone to have a good time". then he was trying to tell me what he would have played and stuff. and i told him that i played the parts i did because they fit and i dont want my drum parts to stand out over the rest of the song. it just wouldnt sound right. so after ke kept going on and on i finally just told him he sucks, and he makes his band sound like crap becuase he only plays for him self (this conversation was a lot more explicite and pretty much right in his face)

long story there but the basic idea is that i believe in trying to teach someone something rather than putting them down for something. i think a lot of people say other drummers suck because it makes them feel better about themselves.

as for lars, he doesnt suck. he's just waaaayyyy to cocky and arrogant. his parts fit the music perfectly but he acts like hes a god on drums.
PatxXxFlag
new
new

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:07 pm

i personally think this:

If your doing what you love, if you hit those heads and you get a sense of excitement and joy, then your loving what you do. Nobody is perfect when they first start out, it takes time, patience, lessons and the will. If a kid goes to a show and they see the drummer of their favorite band doing what he loves, he is going to want to do it to, its called inspiration. The real drummers that suck are the ones with no passion in what the do, just trying to pass the time. Drums are my love, drums are my life. I think thats what we all need is just to do what we all love and let others live and play, if they suck or not because it takes time to get as talented as some drummers out there.
fullmetaldrummer87
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:21 pm

I use Ahead sticks man, watch it
E dog
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:35 pm

Eliminator wrote:man i hate Lars, he's completly turned me off zildjian and tama. and i think that the majority of drummers that use ahead sticks are crap too, well the ones i know.
man, did you not read what I wrote?!?! I dont get it, lars is in a band, where they play fast music, yeah he does play a lot of the same stuff, but it varies from album to album, and what he does next. he is probably more creative then some of the people here. dont diss, dont hate. just love
E dog

SpHs

Jazz
marching
concert
drummer619
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:38 pm

well despite an arrogant attitude, i've never met a drummer that i didn't find some median with...and on that note, even the ones that aren't as skilled as others....yet, i don't believe their attitude is translated through their inability to play as well as others. I'm not the best drummer out there there are plenty of people in this community we have that would probably blow me away, but i look at that with a positive attitude as someone i can learn from, and embrace what i could pick up from them. :D
Tama 4 Life
alexforwood
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:10 pm

screamkevin wrote:This is a bad thread. Let's not ruin our community with negativity. Any drummer that gets up and plays is a good drummer. Simply getting up and doing it takes tremendous talent and guts, and drummers are a credit to the music family. So let's be positive.

much as I could accuse this guy of being soppy I won't.

That said, it doesn't take tremendous TALENT to get up onstage... just have to look at anybody's first gig, mine included lol.

Drummers that suck are the drummers who think there are "drummers that suck" that exist.

Yes I did just contradict myself in that sentence. If you can work out an end to the cycle of madness that is that sentence I congratulate you.
Drumming Kit List

Pearl Drums
Sabian Cymbals
DW Pedals
Zildjian Sticks
Metal Brain
dave lynch
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:35 pm

The way I look at it is, that if you're wasting time worrying about who sucks then you're cheeting yourself from valuable possitive time that you can use to better yourself..Really who in the hell cares if some sucks..jeeez !! Now that I've wasted valuable time replying..I've decided to go eat something..Yup !!
Not into all that competetive who's better crap..Just love to have fun when I drum..!! <|:O)

www.myspace.com/70275304
Blakk_Waters_Drummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:39 pm

I agree I have gotten into countless arguements that rev is better than joey jordison. and thats far from the truth, rev is not a bad drummer but he isWAAYYY over-rate. People say you can't play his song but I've played just about every one of them with no problems. And on one of the songs, the drum beat is from 'one -metallica', u know the little solo right before it starts to get heavy, maybe he should come up with his own drum tabs.
When You're Left With Nothing, You Become Nothing.
edwrmurv
new
new

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:16 pm

I'm new to this forum, however as far as this topic...

I am self taught drummer and wished I could turn back time...
Yes there is still timefor lessons but think about 35 years worth on top of that...
All I can say is that if you can keep a good beat and gel with others, no ego's (most important) You can do anything....

Hey Rob the drummer hows Reno ??
Miss ya man...
Getting kids involved in music and music education...
http://www.info@getclosertothemusic.org
http://www.myspace.com/getclosertothemusic
Idle Hands
new
new

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:39 pm

I know I suck!! I'm self taugth and don't know that many rudiments. I haven't played hardley any in the last three years but I have a passion for drumming! I went to an open jam at a local bar last week and jammed with some musicians that I've never meet or played with before! I only knew 1 song that we played out of the 5 or 6 that we did and the rest I played by the seat of my pants. We gelled really well, by the second song I had some guy in the crowd yelling for a drum solo! It doesn't matter how good you are. Music is made to move people and if what you do touched just 1 person then you've done something that not to many people can do!!! Playing music is not about how good you are, it is about about how you excite and move the human soul!!
ccrdrums
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:29 pm

hey mods if youre gonna close my topics try closing topics that ACTUALLY should be closed not mine about myspace geez lord forbid i add people on myspace
In order for God to increase we need to decrease.
TheYardstick
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:48 pm

ccr, that's because that topic was already started in the OT forum.
"I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for?"-Franz Kafka

My Last.fm
ccrdrums
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:23 pm

yea but thats so boring and i dont know how to do it i aint no computer whiz now
In order for God to increase we need to decrease.
meta L ucas
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:25 am

phil rudd does NOT suck. but all of his chops are SO easy. pocket groove machine is more like it.
double bass ludwig classic maples. blastbeats over swiss triplets.