Drummers That SUCK!!!

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

greeneyedgrooveman
beginner
beginner
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:19 pm
Location: Atlanta GA

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:21 pm

Guys and gals.....

I agree with whomever said that we should not cut ANYONE, especially someone who has achieved any level of success in this very cutthroat and difficult business. No, not all drummers have the blazing ability of Steve Smith or Virgil Donati, but I think what anyone (including those distinguished gentlemen) who has been a working musician will tell you, its not what you do, but how well you DO what you do. I think guys like Ricki Rockett, Peter Criss, and Charlie Watts who are definitely BAND guys play best in their respective bands. No one goes to a Rolling Stones show to hear Charlie solo. But, by the same token, can anyone think of someone who could play THOSE songs better than him? Not possible. Same argument in Ringo's case. Bottom line....if someone has been playing drums and has been feeding their families, paying their mortgages and in general has a successful life we should all aspire to learn a little something from them. Even if it is what NOT to do. There seems to be enough room for us ALL.
Peace and great grooves to all,
George

www.myspace.com/georgedrums
User avatar
seandude
session drummer
session drummer
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:14 pm

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:14 pm

why dont we just say if u have more than 100000 dollers made as a drummer u dont suck end of story
safe sex is in the palm of your hand
Image
ccrdrums
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:35 pm
Location: Midland,Texas

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:10 pm

ok lets ask myself (since im the suckiest drummer here )and nobody here will say that because the guys that get all offended and try to stick up foreveryone because your fake dont get on this topic these topics are for fun and you people need to learn to mind your business not ruin everyones time




and if you dont agree dont post i really dont want to hear it..........
In order for God to increase we need to decrease.
User avatar
Dillface
beginner
beginner
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:01 pm

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:43 pm

ccrdrums, if you're the worst here, then I'm right above you =P and since you never heard me play, I'm probably below you :D
Horns in a song are very orgasmic.
Deanoatc
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:16 am

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:26 am

You know, I liked this site until I read this thread. none of you are even listening to the people who are right. Any drummer who can play, keep time, and have the passion is a good drummer. I am always learning new stuff from the simple players to the detail oriented players. I learn about new drummers and old drummers everyday. You all should be ashamed of your selves.

people.....be mature enough to notice that when you knock on people, whether they are drummers or not, you show that you are weak. Maybe your even jealous of the fact that a drummer who plays the same thing you can made it big. Have some respect. Did mom and dad ever teach you that?

If your a drummer.....great continue to learn because you will never stop. Respect the simple ones to the crazy ones. The Drummers who made it to stardom, and the drummers who are happy being local. If they happen to be a dick (yeah it isn't right to be that way) then it is their prerogative. you don't know why they happen to be acting like that. Its their life.

I have been made fun of my whole life, Put down, Told I was nothing, the whole nine yards. I used to suck, if that is what you want to call it. Now Iam not half bad, but I always strive to learn more, because I don't know everything. Someone who picks up an instrument for the first time is labeled as a musician who sucks. That person has guts to try it, and they don't suck in my book if they try to learn their instrument.

Think before you speak people, have respect, respect yourself, and stop bashing other drummers. It only shows that you are ignorant. Did you ever hear the saying, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all."?
yeah.........well now you did.
FastEddie
beginner
beginner
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:42 pm

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:56 am

agreed anyone who puts their passion on stage is a good drummer no matter what skill we all start somewhere.

p.s. the rev rules i mean he might be mainstream now but check out their old shit and tell me he doesnt rip case and point
wishing to be signed
Bigredfndz
beginner
beginner
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:24 am

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:55 am

Lars Ulrich.
Image
mapelforce
new
new
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:17 am
Location: Fresno,CA

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:40 am

It is unfortunate that we just think of ourselves as drummers and musicians .... When I first saw this posting on my myspace it grabbed my curiosity; I am deeply saddened that we all cannot agree on wether or not to judge a fellow musician by his/her own talents or attitudes; We are not Gods nor creators to do this ; Yet we take it upon ourselves to do as we wish ,which makes no better than those we wish to condem;
Before money,fame and fortune , drummers were sought out as the keepers of the cadience; Keeping time and driving the force of many armies; The Romans, Greeks ,Vikings and even some of Africa's most deadiest armies used the means of drums to inhibit fear,terror and intimidation; Durring the American Civil War we had drums to keep our spirits alive and to alert us of our enemies abroad as well as to know when they are coming .....
We play a unique instrument that is transformed all around the world and how it is used may determine the meaning of its use... If another drummer seems Cocky because he plays the drums, it may ony be because they enjoy doing what they do and know how to do it;
If we feel threatened by this ,then maybe we need to re-evaluate why we feel this way and how we can overcome our innerfear or intimidation so to speak.... No one and I mean no one is better than the other ,but may just practice and enjoy what they do a little more........ A.C.
ccrdrums
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:35 pm
Location: Midland,Texas

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:39 pm

also whats upn with u ppl who tell a life story about theyre feelings with every post no doubt drumming can be beautiful but come on dont lose the rock and roll way of a drummer
In order for God to increase we need to decrease.
User avatar
Jee
beginner
beginner
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:47 pm
Location: San Marcos Texas

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:54 pm

Worst thread in the history of the internet, Bla-bla-bla, Go play your drums.
User avatar
drummert2k
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1102
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:48 am
Location: Northumberland, PA

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:37 pm

ccrdrums wrote:also whats upn with u ppl who tell a life story about theyre feelings with every post no doubt drumming can be beautiful but come on dont lose the rock and roll way of a drummer


without the drummers who would use their drums in a war to signal differant things and use it as a way of communication and the dancers who would get hired because they had the coordination to replace a bass drum player, snare drum player and cymbals player, without people like Jim Chapin, buddy rich, max roach and the jazz giants, there would be no such thing as a rock and roll way of a drummer.

besides, what exactly is your deffinition of "the rock and roll way of a drummer?" i'd like to know exactly what your mentality is on the subject so i can better understand why someone would make such a novice comment.
User avatar
freddy5g
beginner
beginner
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:14 pm

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:21 pm

while I agree that criticism is fake participation, I don't agree that "all drummers who try are good."

If all drummers are good, than no drummers are good. Unfortunately to be able to distinguish what is beautiful, we have to know ugly. Yes, this is a subjective reality, but related all the same. Each person has their own understanding of good and bad. Subjectivity does not negate the yin and the yang.

dude.
Last edited by freddy5g on Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ccrdrums
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:35 pm
Location: Midland,Texas

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:13 pm

drummert2k wrote:
ccrdrums wrote:also whats upn with u ppl who tell a life story about theyre feelings with every post no doubt drumming can be beautiful but come on dont lose the rock and roll way of a drummer


without the drummers who would use their drums in a war to signal differant things and use it as a way of communication and the dancers who would get hired because they had the coordination to replace a bass drum player, snare drum player and cymbals player, without people like Jim Chapin, buddy rich, max roach and the jazz giants, there would be no such thing as a rock and roll way of a drummer.

besides, what exactly is your deffinition of "the rock and roll way of a drummer?" i'd like to know exactly what your mentality is on the subject so i can better understand why someone would make such a novice comment.



as in u all act like drums are some kind of science stop sucking the livelyness out of it there are people on here better than others at drumming no doubt but i dont care what you say the second u start trying to hard or getting competitive over it U SUCK end of story.
In order for God to increase we need to decrease.
User avatar
drummert2k
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1102
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:48 am
Location: Northumberland, PA

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:42 pm

ccrdrums wrote:
drummert2k wrote:
ccrdrums wrote:also whats upn with u ppl who tell a life story about theyre feelings with every post no doubt drumming can be beautiful but come on dont lose the rock and roll way of a drummer


without the drummers who would use their drums in a war to signal differant things and use it as a way of communication and the dancers who would get hired because they had the coordination to replace a bass drum player, snare drum player and cymbals player, without people like Jim Chapin, buddy rich, max roach and the jazz giants, there would be no such thing as a rock and roll way of a drummer.

besides, what exactly is your deffinition of "the rock and roll way of a drummer?" i'd like to know exactly what your mentality is on the subject so i can better understand why someone would make such a novice comment.



as in u all act like drums are some kind of science stop sucking the livelyness out of it there are people on here better than others at drumming no doubt but i dont care what you say the second u start trying to hard or getting competitive over it U SUCK end of story.


your posts really dont make any sense at all. i have no idea what your trying to say, im im pretty sure no body will care
disrupt13
session drummer
session drummer
Posts: 555
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:40 pm
Location: Detroit Mi

Post Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:17 pm

me