Drummers That SUCK!!!

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

YardDogg
new
new

Post Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:05 am

I cannot stand Zoro, what a freaking fag!
"If you were a drum, I beat you senseless.."

peace & <3,

YardDogg
masonvonritchie
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:30 am

I hate Lars Ulrich. He's a shitty drummer, has a shitty attitude towards everything, I hate him. I saw Dave Lombardo play with Metallica in his place, and I couldn't see how Lars was in Metallica in the first place. His beats are crummy and boring, the way his drums sound on record is comparable to trash cans, all around I just hate the guy. I love Metallica but I think they could have been all the better had they used a different drummer. He should have died instead of Cliff.
WANTED: Tama Starclassic B/B!

Pacific CX Series kit
Pork Pie Little Squealer 13x7
Zildjian A Customs, Z custom
Wuhan China
DW5002AD
Extremetrucker
new
new

Post Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:06 am

asbleakasbliss wrote:Hmmmm Lars huh.... I don't like Lars' attitude but i would have to say hes quite tallented... When a musician is cocky ... I am turned off though... regardless of talent!

Well ok maybe I should go into it a little deeper. Lars is ok ,but Bob Rock is the reason Lars sucks. Did you not hear the tone on the last album? NASTY. And to you people who are hating on guys who do it for the money.....wouldnt you?
Drummer333lv
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:21 am

"WOW, tensions on this thread are hi. Here's an idea. Lets change the topic from "Drummers who Suck" to something like, "Drummers who are talented, but are overrated, cocky, arrogant, and should stop beliving they are Gods gift to Druming" ----"K!S!N"

I guess i should have reworded it huh cause everybody is getting all affended.

You know what if you don't like the topic then just ignore it because at least were not talking about mike portnoy in every single topic. I was just trying to spice things up a little bit. oh and don't get me wrong mike portnoy is an awsome drummer and im not saying anything bad about him. It just gets really old in every single topic.
So :P
Travis Barker is the shit and your gay :)

Talk to me ... www.myspace.com/Drummer333lv
Shalaq
session drummer
session drummer

Post Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:43 pm

Buddy Rich said that there are no weak bands, just weak drummers. If a band made it, they have a good drummer 95% of the time. By "good drummer" I mean that he fits his grooves well with the song, his drumming leads you through the music, his creativity, fills, accents etc complement the music. If the music is simple, there is no need to complicate the drum track. But if a drummer sees some potential in what the other guys are doing, he should create an exciting part that will show the potential of the band.

There are some drummers which are overrated, but most of the time they are in an overrated band- in other words, they are weak drummers in a weak band.

I respect each and every single person who ever picked a pair of sticks and hit the snare. But I do believe, that there are some people who lack the skills (but more importantly talent) to create good music.
Mapex, Istanbul Agop, Attack, Vater/O4D.
I want an endorsement :)
Quick link to the search engine:
http://www.drumsmylife.com/search.php
Animal
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:26 am

Shalaq wrote:Clever Comment.

*What he said*! 8)
ImageImageImage
TheLividCreature
new
new

Post Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:07 pm

I love everyones views on this thread!

I must however say, that naming off names like Lars Ulrich is kind of a pre-madonna. You have to consider the fact that drummers like him are professional drummers, who have done this for years. I happen to think for the music that Metallica makes, Lars' drumming is unique. I am not saying he is good, nor bad, all I am saying is that it does take talent, skills and guts to be a professional musician, especially a drummer.
racefan33
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:26 pm

Enough with the PC everybody is wonderful crap. No one's gonna get hurt with this thread. It's fun to talk about drummers who you don't like but are having more success than you have. Use it as a driver to make you better.

That said. I've hung with Rikki Rocket, he is a great guy but I HATE his spastic technique when he plays and I can't believe he is as successful as he is. But he did work his ass off to get where he is. Not necessarily by practicing but he did work to promote his band.

And Zoro is a bad ass. He's got funk falling off of him.
grimey mike
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:52 am

screamkevin wrote:Nobody is attacking you, Drummer333lv, but this is a bad topic. It's like asking "What drum is the best"? There is no "best" of anything, it's all subjective! There is no "worst", either. It's all subjective!

Ask the same question to 100 different people, and you'll get 100 different answers. The drumming community has no room for negativity, there's enough of that in the music biz for everyone.

I respect any drummer, from Ringo Starr to Buddy Rich to Mike Portnoy to Travis Barker, simply because they are my drumming bretheren. Like I said before, it's tough enough to get up there and play in front of people, so respect is automatically due, just for them doing it.

Oh, and for the record, Rikki Rockett's been doing it nationwide for 20 years, and has sold more albums than all of us here combined. I respect the hell out of James Sullivan ("The Reverend" from Avenged Sevenfold), simply because he's been playing OzzFest all summer and selling millions of records. Much more than I've been doing with my drumming. And I suspect, much more than you've been doing with yours, too. :wink:

This thread should be locked.

thats the right idea! we get enough hasstle for the rest of our band, and other musicans to hasstle each other... and metallica wouldnt be anywhere without lars. the only bad drummers are the ones that nick your stuff at gigs! haha

mike
loop
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:08 am

grimey mike wrote:the only bad drummers are the ones that nick your stuff at gigs! haha

correct :)

This thread is pointless
dim my eyes if they should compromise
Shalaq
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:01 pm

I think that it is not pointless, otherwise people wouldn't discuss it.
Maybe it is because there are so many bands today that the concept of being a good drummer is blurrying as we speak. I guess not many of us would call out a name from the old days other than Rich, Krupa or Blaine. Today there is a huge army of drummers and they all are supposed to be great drummers. But with all the so called great drumming aren't we loosing taste of what is really good?
I'm not saying that todays top drummers are crap though.
Mapex, Istanbul Agop, Attack, Vater/O4D.
I want an endorsement :)
Quick link to the search engine:
http://www.drumsmylife.com/search.php
Rob the Drummer
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:21 pm

You know, the whole thing isn't about being PC. It's about respect for your fellow musician. Every drummer brings something good to the table and being negative towards them isn't a good thing. Like the comment towards Zoro. Why is he a fag? He's an awesome drummer, is it because of the hat he wears? If so, that's pretty shallow. Lars is a dick, doesn't make him a bad drummer.

Anyways, doesn't matter how good or bad a drummer is, you can still pick up a trick or two from every drummer you see. Whether it be a cool trick or something not to do. Anyways, it's about respect. Respect the instrument that you hold dearly and respect the fact that others love it too.
Rata-tata-zzzzzzz......Drums Always!

www.youtube.com/robthedrummer
dugdrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:42 pm

i suck..
drummer for HEY YOU a tribute t pink floyd!

hug it out bitch!
millsybaby
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:55 pm

I've never undertsood the slating Rikk Rocket gets, he's one of the best drumming showmen out there! Sure its simple and nothing fancy but christ - if you can play that stuff and do the tricks that guy pulls out for over 20 years to FULL arenas then you can say he's shit - until then sorry.
stevo
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:44 pm

i think that any drummer who plays in a band who likes thier sound, regardless of a label or not, cant be considered a bad drummer, becuase drumming isnt about talent all the time, its about the flow of the song. if the God of percussion wanted us to lead the band and crowd surf, he wouldnt of put us in a chair behing a shield of shells, would he?
hey whats up guys im doug.....FUCK!!!!!