Drummers That SUCK!!!

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

helix
new
new

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:09 pm

yes this is a good site but i still say topics like this have no value at all!
im not defending lars, he's a nutsac with a huge ego! just that most younger kids have never heard his good stuff so theyre only talking about 90's tallica.
floydistheman789
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:51 pm

Fudman wrote:
Rob the Drummer wrote:Drummers who suck are the ones that bash other drummers for doing what they love.

agreed

I agree with that too.
Floyd
DW Drums
Pro Mark Sticks
Sabian Cymbals
Aquarian Heads
helix
new
new

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:24 pm

yes bashing and "vs" is just a pointless argument. btw i wasnt defending or bashing lars' playing. just bashing his ego.
SmellsLikeIan
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:52 pm

SeanGordon, you and your drum corps buddy are real thinkers eh? My hat's off to yall. Ringo is one of my heroes. As well as Charlie Watts. And one of the first songs I played along to was also " Enter Sandman " when I was 11 (27 now).Sometimes younger drummers come up to me after a show and are like, "MAN, that was BAD ASS!! How do I...." and more often than not, my response goes something like, "I know you are capable of playing everything like I did tonight, because I've seen you play before. The question you have to ask is, would you?" I guess that's kind of the way I try to get people thinking, or to tell them (not everyone but a couple guys) they may be overplaying, without being rude about it and trying to make them feel good at the same time. But these are people I know fairly well, not just some random kid I've run into a couple times. Should I just tell them they overplay? Or let them figure it out with the little bit of a hint I already gave them? Or maybe suggest they join a metal band as opposed to a country cover band? I don't know, but I never tell them they suck, and try to convince them otherwise, even after they tell themselves that they do. :D
yee freakin' haw
drummer101
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:44 pm

yes bashing and "vs" is just a pointless argument. btw i wasnt defending or bashing lars' playing. just bashing his ego.

Thats simply not true, this type of topic is a good way for some people to learn. Yes its entirely opinion and some people may bash some drummer just because they lack knowlege about them or they are jealous. But thats a good thing because then other people maybe the older guys here with more knowlege can challenge their opinions and maybe open the persons eyes to something they have been missing.
CASCINAIDRUMS
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:18 pm

Rob the Drummer wrote:Drummers who suck are the ones that bash other drummers for doing what they love.

I agree 100%
Jee
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:49 pm

spudzzz wrote:I would have to say -

John Bonham
Neil Pert
Keith Moon
Jeff Piccaro

Bonham layed the foundation for rock drumming. For all rock drummers. I was fortunate enough to see him play three times and I can tell you I learned every thing I know from him. I would be very interested to know which drummers you like. Oh yeh, Moon was awesome in 68-69 before he wasted himself on booz and drugs. I know a referance- Watch a video called The rolling stones rock & roll circus, The Who is the second act and moon is on fire! And right before that you can see Tony Iomi playing with Jethro tull.
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:53 pm

Jee wrote:

John Bonham
Neil Pert
Keith Moon
Jeff Piccaro

Bonham layed the foundation for rock drumming. For all rock drummers. I was fortunate enough to see him play three times and I can tell you I learned every thing I know from him. I would be very interested to know which drummers you like. Oh yeh, Moon was awesome in 68-69 before he wasted himself on booz and drugs. I know a referance- Watch a video called The rolling stones rock & roll circus, The Who is the second act and moon is on fire! And right before that you can see Tony Iomi playing with Jethro tull.

i believe he was using a common literary technique called sarcasm in that post...dont take it seriously.
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
hxc_adie
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:11 pm

i agree wiht evreyone basically..but i have to say i personally HATE meg white. everyone ive ever spoken to has been like "oh ur a gilr, ur just like meg white" no im not people ! meg white is not very creative and very boring. grrr she makes me wanna kill someone ...
save a drum; bang a drummer
Dillface
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:14 pm

Lmao, OK I was laughing thinking when thinking about this. Now I respect ALL drummers no matter what type, but who are we kidding, there are drummers who ummm....let's not say suck, but have no rythym, or at least not enough of it. The drummer I would like to point out in this Topic is Donald Tardy *Andrew W.k.*. In all of their songs, he plays basically the same thing over and over. Open HiHat, Snare, And Bass. *And a crash in there every once in a while*. Catchy tunes, but my god man....change something! :?
Horns in a song are very orgasmic.
drummert2k

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:21 pm

Dillface wrote:Lmao, OK I was laughing thinking when thinking about this. Now I respect ALL drummers no matter what type, but who are we kidding, there are drummers who ummm....let's not say suck, but have no rythym, or at least not enough of it. The drummer I would like to point out in this Topic is Donald Tardy *Andrew W.k.*. In all of their songs, he plays basically the same thing over and over. Open HiHat, Snare, And Bass. *And a crash in there every once in a while*. Catchy tunes, but my god man....change something! :?

haha, good point about that. but dont forget other drummers who are known for playing the same thing over and over and over....... has anyone ever reffered to a beat as the AC/DC beat before? i know i've heard it tons of time. no, acdc songs still groove but with the A.W.K. stuff, thats the feel and the pulse they want. if you've ever seen them live its not like that alllllll the time (atleast it wasnt when i saw them) he was doing fills and double kicking but still keeping the up tempo stacatto feel of the disc
Dillface
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:24 pm

Wish he would play like that in their actual CD recordings :lol:
But I'll definentely have to see them live since you say that. And I DO love that band BTW.

drummert2k wrote:
Dillface wrote:Lmao, OK I was laughing thinking when thinking about this. Now I respect ALL drummers no matter what type, but who are we kidding, there are drummers who ummm....let's not say suck, but have no rythym, or at least not enough of it. The drummer I would like to point out in this Topic is Donald Tardy *Andrew W.k.*. In all of their songs, he plays basically the same thing over and over. Open HiHat, Snare, And Bass. *And a crash in there every once in a while*. Catchy tunes, but my god man....change something! :?

haha, good point about that. but dont forget other drummers who are known for playing the same thing over and over and over....... has anyone ever reffered to a beat as the AC/DC beat before? i know i've heard it tons of time. no, acdc songs still groove but with the A.W.K. stuff, thats the feel and the pulse they want. if you've ever seen them live its not like that alllllll the time (atleast it wasnt when i saw them) he was doing fills and double kicking but still keeping the up tempo stacatto feel of the disc
Horns in a song are very orgasmic.
Jee
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:29 pm

anavrinIV wrote:
Jee wrote:

John Bonham
Neil Pert
Keith Moon
Jeff Piccaro

i believe he was using a common literary technique called sarcasm in that post...dont take it seriously.

Sorry mybad. This thread suks more than any drummer ever could! My point is - Do you think that the White Stripes would have done what they did with a good drummer? No Way! She was half of thier sound. They would never made it any farther than where they were on thier first tour.
mattdoesrock
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:30 pm

woah woah woah! what is this an anti-Lars site??

Personally i dont like his style, I think there are loads of ways he could improve IMO - but that does not mean that he sucks. On some songs he plays awesomely, most noteably when he pulls out the double kick skills, other songs, yea he does kindve bore me with his off / alternate beat crashes etc. Like someone said previously he has inspired hundreds of kids to pick up sticks and start playing. Also, he has kindve sold millions of tickets, and shed loads of albums, so until you've done that, give him a break?

Personally i dont like the style of Brad Wilk from audioslave - only because its the opposite of my style (he plays simple beats, whereas i like to hit every beat with my kick, if you catch my drift) - that also diesnt mean hes not a great player, and doesnt suck. I know people who think he's a fantastic player, so yea for every 100 people, there are 100 different answers.

Like most people have said, there arent many drummers that "suck" if anyone has the guts and heart to get up on stage and perform to the best of their ability, and love the experience, regardless of whether they can play 3/4 timing, can double kick at 50000000000 BMP or even keep in time! As long as they give it their all then IMO they dont suck.
To those who understand, I extend my hand, To the Devil I command, Take me as I am.
RogersDrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:38 pm

We all have someone that we dont like as a drummer. Thats all there is to it. Anyone who says they like everyone equally is full of it.

I've always dissliked Charlie Watts and that guy from AC/DC who plays the same freakin beats 24/7
The only thing that can prevent you from acheving even the furthest goal, is doubt. Stay dedicated.