Drummers That SUCK!!!

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

Drummer333lv
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:27 am

Who is the drummer that you can not stand. Or that completly sucks. BTW if you say travis barker....your gay :) I personally can not stand....

The Rev (Avenged Sevenfold).....its not that he's not a good drummer its just his cocky attitude. He's a dick.

oh yeah if someone has already posted this topic im sorry and im an ass :) but post anyways.
Travis Barker is the shit and your gay :)

Talk to me ... www.myspace.com/Drummer333lv
prog_drummer_77
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:13 am

i agree with you 100% :D i hate his sound, his arrogant looks, and all of that....aren't drummers supposed to be some of the most liked in the band? this guy is a joke too (only because i think avenged sevenfold is overrated)!
Joshua "Cornbread" Hughes
screamkevin

Post Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:40 am

This is a bad thread. Let's not ruin our community with negativity. Any drummer that gets up and plays is a good drummer. Simply getting up and doing it takes tremendous talent and guts, and drummers are a credit to the music family. So let's be positive.
Me, My Story, and Pics Of My Drums:
http://www.saludacymbals.com/c/ksiegel.html
Endorsing Saluda Cymbals since 2006!
Howie is my homie. Word.
Greg
DML founder
DML founder

Post Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:43 am

screamkevin wrote:This is a bad thread. Let's not ruin our community with negativity. Any drummer that gets up and plays is a good drummer. Simply getting up and doing it takes tremendous talent and guts, and drummers are a credit to the music family. So let's be positive.

I agree (101%)!
AMK330
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:26 am

screamkevin wrote:This is a bad thread. Let's not ruin our community with negativity. Any drummer that gets up and plays is a good drummer. Simply getting up and doing it takes tremendous talent and guts, and drummers are a credit to the music family. So let's be positive.

i really really agree with that fully :D
Drum Naked
new
new

Post Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:12 pm

Who is to say who is good or bad. By virtue of being a drummer you are in a family. As Vic Forth so eloquently put it"We have one common demomonator.....A PASSION FOR DRUMS"

The only drummers that suck are the ones who refuse to play...
DRUM NAKED..... YA GET AN EXTRA BEATER
Rob the Drummer
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:36 pm

Drummers who suck are the ones that bash other drummers for doing what they love.
Rata-tata-zzzzzzz......Drums Always!

www.youtube.com/robthedrummer
Fudman
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:55 am

Rob the Drummer wrote:Drummers who suck are the ones that bash other drummers for doing what they love.

agreed
Bigd11
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:47 am

Us drummers are a tight community, i respect everyone who has ever picked up a pair of sticks and dreamt.. whether there "good" or not is besides the point, at least there trying to do what we all love
Heresy! \M/
Extremetrucker
new
new

Post Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:40 am

LARS...need I say more. And the Rev has a right to be that way. One he has an awsome catilog of fills, and two its ROCK n ROLL baby thats the way they roll
asbleakasbliss
new
new

Post Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:00 am

Hmmmm Lars huh.... I don't like Lars' attitude but i would have to say hes quite tallented... When a musician is cocky ... I am turned off though... regardless of talent!
-Miles
Trash
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:39 am

Negativity or not, Rikki Rocket from Poison sux out loud.
Drummer333lv
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:16 pm

Im just talking about the drummers that shouldn't be famous cause they are just in it for the money. so everybody calm down
Travis Barker is the shit and your gay :)

Talk to me ... www.myspace.com/Drummer333lv
screamkevin

Post Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:51 pm

Nobody is attacking you, Drummer333lv, but this is a bad topic. It's like asking "What drum is the best"? There is no "best" of anything, it's all subjective! There is no "worst", either. It's all subjective!

Ask the same question to 100 different people, and you'll get 100 different answers. The drumming community has no room for negativity, there's enough of that in the music biz for everyone.

I respect any drummer, from Ringo Starr to Buddy Rich to Mike Portnoy to Travis Barker, simply because they are my drumming bretheren. Like I said before, it's tough enough to get up there and play in front of people, so respect is automatically due, just for them doing it.

Oh, and for the record, Rikki Rockett's been doing it nationwide for 20 years, and has sold more albums than all of us here combined. I respect the hell out of James Sullivan ("The Reverend" from Avenged Sevenfold), simply because he's been playing OzzFest all summer and selling millions of records. Much more than I've been doing with my drumming. And I suspect, much more than you've been doing with yours, too. :wink:

This thread should be locked.
Me, My Story, and Pics Of My Drums:
http://www.saludacymbals.com/c/ksiegel.html
Endorsing Saluda Cymbals since 2006!
Howie is my homie. Word.
K!S!N
new
new

Post Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:38 pm

WOW, tensions on this thread are hi. Here's an idea. Lets change the topic from "Drummers who Suck" to something like, "Drummers who are talented, but are overrated, cocky, arrogant, and should stop beliving they are Gods gift to Druming"

With that being said, A7X is a good band that makes good music, but they have let the spotlight get to thier head, all of them. The day Lars fronted the lawsuit against Napster, i lost respect for Metallica and Lars, and will never pay to see them again, just cuz they are NOW in the biz for the wrong reasons . Travis Barker is an awsome punk drummer who does a lot with a little (as in the size of his set, quit small, yet he does great things with it).

And for all of you who defended the aformentioned, doing that alone takes guts and you are true gentlemen, and true musicians.

Never knock on any band or bandmember for the music they play. They've poured thier heart and soul into thier music and atleast deserve respect for that. If they have a crappy attitude, then critisize the attiude, not the music.