2 dr

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

drum4life
new
new

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:48 pm

what do you guys think of dubble drummer bands you guys think its to much clutter or it some how go's to gether like slipknot?
Timekeep69

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:04 pm

I wouldn't consider Slipknot and double drummer band, they have a drummer and two percussionists. bands like .38 special, Adam and the Ants and The Greatful Dead had two drummers behind two kits. It seems kind of useless to me but then gain, ther timing would be dead on.
www.pjclevenger.com

www.medicinemandrumsaz.com

DML Special: 20% off all drums.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left!
Shalaq
session drummer
session drummer

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:26 pm

King Crimson had 2 drummers (double trio configuration) when they recorded the LP Thrak. They blow you away in seconds.
Mapex, Istanbul Agop, Attack, Vater/O4D.
I want an endorsement :)
Quick link to the search engine:
http://www.drumsmylife.com/search.php
Rob the Drummer
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:39 pm

I think it's kinda funny considering a lot of places that I play have those clear plastic drum condoms because one set is too loud. :D
Rata-tata-zzzzzzz......Drums Always!

www.youtube.com/robthedrummer
sickstix
new
new

Post Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:49 am

It's great as long as the two drummers compliment each other with their different styles. 2 drummers playing the same thing just to keep solid time is just plain useless. If 1 drummer doesn't keep good time, fire them. King Crimson is a perfect example of how awesome two drummers can sound when it's done with taste and originality. Bill Bruford and Pat mastelotto are incredible especially live.
Eric Olivas / Redcel
Animal
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:36 am

The best band ever to use two drummers, is of course;

THE ALLMAN BROTHERS!

I was really surprsed no one's here mentioned them?

Butch Trucks and Jai Johanny Johanson "Jaimoe" did some great drumming, and they blended together real well. Listen to "at the Fillmore East", and you'll know what I mean.

I would also claim that Genesis (Phil Collins and Chester Thompson) made some incredible double drumming, during their heydays. Check out "Seconds Out"; Incredible. (P.S. Bill Bruford is second drummer too, on a couple of the tracks).
ImageImageImage
polyrythemicgenocide
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:27 pm

Don't like in slipknot cases,the kit drummer in that band is all they need, he's such a machine. Slipknot are just jealous of blue man group. There are good dual drummer (and by this I mean 2 drummers playing kit- not 1 on kit and the other on congas, hiting a cymbal or striking the chimes when they get bored) like:greatfull dead, genesis, Brian Irvine ensemble (tho in this case when one plays kit the other plays concert percussion which is the kit inclucing a bass drum in the air).,Latest Crimson tour. I think it's better 2 drummers as a drum duo and clinics, which I'm looking a northern irish based drummer for, if anyone is interested. Like Bozzio vs Wackerman and Rich vs Roach
ONLY THE PROG SURVIVE
Scott_Hurford
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:12 am

drum4life wrote:what do you guys think of dubble drummer bands you guys think its to much clutter or it some how go's to gether like slipknot?

i honestly think those two percussionists in slipknot are a waste of time, you can hardly hear them playing, and anything they do Joey could do in a heartbeat, same goes for the slipknot clown, waste of time lol i think them 3 are just there for the look of the band :roll:
Tama/Zildjian/Remo/Vater
www.myspace.com/scotthurford
Eliminator
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:34 am

Don't like in slipknot cases,the kit drummer in that band is all they need, he's such a machine. Slipknot are just jealous of blue man group. There are good dual drummer (and by this I mean 2 drummers playing kit- not 1 on kit and the other on congas, hiting a cymbal or striking the chimes when they get bored) like:greatfull dead, genesis, Brian Irvine ensemble (tho in this case when one plays kit the other plays concert percussion which is the kit inclucing a bass drum in the air).,Latest Crimson tour. I think it's better 2 drummers as a drum duo and clinics, which I'm looking a northern irish based drummer for, if anyone is interested. Like Bozzio vs Wackerman and Rich vs Roach

wer in northern ireland u from man?
JasonS2C
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:54 pm

Scott_Hurford wrote:
drum4life wrote:what do you guys think of dubble drummer bands you guys think its to much clutter or it some how go's to gether like slipknot?

i think them 3 are just there for the look of the band :roll:

I agree. I think Joey is a machine and the band puts on a great show, but with the 2 percussionists, AND a DJ, AND a sampler, and another 5 guys at some point its kinda like "wow.... how many people can we fit onstage". Every Slipknot show I've been to has appeared less like a metal concert and more like a hockey match with guitars...
king_friday
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:18 pm

what about frank zappa and the mothers?