groove master

Post Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:04 am

stump wrote:
phoenix7289 wrote:
Drumming_Animal wrote:
phoenix7289 wrote:
Drumming_Animal wrote:
phoenix7289 wrote:
Damnique wrote:My ride is the bright and dynamic Paiste Signature 20" Power Ride.
The bell on this is sick.

Hell yah man!!! I am highly considering getting the Reflector Series kind! I f-in love those things!!! A 22" that is! :P Nicko McBrain (my favorite drummer) used it on A Matter of Life and Death and I GOTTA HAVE IT!!! The bell is INSANE!!! This Ride is the GOD OF ALL RIDES!!! THIS IS IT!! THE ULTIMATE!!!!!!

Ah so thats what Nicko used, i thought he had a custom ride?? He is my favorite drummer aswell, huge icon, might just have to invest in one of those then :D

Oh yah man! He used pretty much all Reflector series Sig cymbals except for one RUDE he had placed right in the front and center of his set for this past tour and album. You can see him talking about it on the bonus dvd.... the RUDE is his favorite. :P But everything else was Sig Reflectors. I have been day-dreaming practically all day, and I am HIGHLY considering trying to get a pair of 14" Sig Ref Sound Edge hi-hats, a 22" Sig Ref Power Ride, an 18" and 20" Sig Ref Power Crash, Sig 8" Bell, 18" and 20" Sig Ref Heavy Chinas, a 22" Sig Heavy China, a 16" and 18" RUDE Crash Ride, and I think that is it.... unless I get some splashes.. I already have a good enough crash. :P Sabian 16" Vault. That won't be getting replaced any time soon, that is special. :P So what do you think? Awesome as all hell set I am detailing? lol!!!

oh ho fucking yes, i wish i had the money to buy that a thousand times over, but sadly, i dont have the money to buy a 6" splash :( but the thought of all that lot sitting in my possession is a rather good thought

I am probably also going to join the marines, and yah.... I'll have this shit soon enough! :P

Also check out the 2002 and 3003 series that he used back in the 80's-90's. The 3003 ride that he used sounded awesome though it is discontinued. Get you hands on one of those you best keep it. The 2002's are still in production and give you a great sound at a bit cheaper price than the Sigs. Check them out. Peace!

Thanks! Yah my Sam Ash recently got some 2002s in and other stuff... they don't sound too bad and their price isn't nasty either!
I proudly play with Tama (snare drums), PDP, Sabian, LP, Paiste, Vic Firth, Aquarian (bass and snare heads), and Remo (tom heads)brands! My biggest drummer influences are Mic Fleetwood, Nicko McBrain, and Mike Portnoy.
twisteddrummer
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:36 pm

My 22" zildjan z ride is the greatest live ride ever! I dropped it off a second story balcony once. It embedded itself about 8" into the gravel and didn't even get scratched!
oh yeah it sounds pretty cool as well (great bell tone). Too bad it's too loud to record with.
DW Drums& Pedals
Zidljian Cymbals
Roland V-drums
Twisted Tower Dire &Jon Fritz band
phoenix7289
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:26 pm

twisteddrummer wrote:My 22" zildjan z ride is the greatest live ride ever! I dropped it off a second story balcony once. It embedded itself about 8" into the gravel and didn't even get scratched!
oh yeah it sounds pretty cool as well (great bell tone). Too bad it's too loud to record with.

That is bull that it didn't get scratched!
I proudly play with Tama (snare drums), PDP, Sabian, LP, Paiste, Vic Firth, Aquarian (bass and snare heads), and Remo (tom heads)brands! My biggest drummer influences are Mic Fleetwood, Nicko McBrain, and Mike Portnoy.
skitch
session drummer
session drummer

Post Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:14 pm

twisteddrummer wrote:My 22" zildjan z ride is the greatest live ride ever! I dropped it off a second story balcony once. It embedded itself about 8" into the gravel and didn't even get scratched!

Listen to the Yes album Big Generator, song "Love will Find a way" You will hear this cymbal!
LStar
new
new

Post Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:40 am

My Paiste Signature Reflector 20" Dry is pretty freakin' nice.. I'm starting to be in love with it, the wash is so subtle and controllable, it just sits so nice in any mix. Rad! :)

~L*~
Tama Starclassics and Iron Cobra
DW Snares & Piccolo Toms
LP Percussion
Paiste Signature & 2002
Remo
Vic Firth
phil-drummer
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:00 pm

LStar wrote:My Paiste Signature Reflector 20" Dry is pretty freakin' nice.. I'm starting to be in love with it, the wash is so subtle and controllable, it just sits so nice in any mix. Rad! :)

~L*~

doesnt nicko mcbrain use reflectors ?
Pearl Hardware. Zildjian Cymbals. Vic Firth 7A Sticks. Remo Pintripes/Weatherking Heads
pearldrummer333
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:18 am

My favorite is the 22" Sabian HH powerbell ride but for someone looking at cheaper cymbals the Paiste PST 5 22" rock ride is amazing. I chose it over an A custom and i know it was the better choice.
phoenix7289
groove master
groove master

Post Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:12 am

phil-drummer wrote:
LStar wrote:My Paiste Signature Reflector 20" Dry is pretty freakin' nice.. I'm starting to be in love with it, the wash is so subtle and controllable, it just sits so nice in any mix. Rad! :)

~L*~

doesnt nicko mcbrain use reflectors ?

I am a Nicko Mcbrain disciple... and yes... he uses Paiste Signature Reflector Series cymbals. I envy this guy who owns one! THEY ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXPENSIVE!!!
JSdrmr
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:38 am

older Zildjian A Medium Rides are awesome
phil-drummer
session drummer
session drummer

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:40 am

ive had my eye on the 19" Z custom thrash ride and the 21" Z custom mega bell ride.
Pearl Hardware. Zildjian Cymbals. Vic Firth 7A Sticks. Remo Pintripes/Weatherking Heads
Tuthmozis
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:19 pm

20" PAISTE Signature Full Ride
Yamaha Recording Custom shells
PAISTE Signature cymbals
VIC FIRTH sticks
phoenix7289
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:21 pm

Tuthmozis wrote:20" PAISTE Signature Full Ride

Or how about a 22" PAISTE Signature Reflector Power Ride? :wink:
Brother_Bong
groove master
groove master

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:30 pm

21 in. Zildjian Mega-bell, From the edge to the bell, quite a range of tones. And friggin bullet-proof :!:
MEDICINE MAN AZ Endorsed, TRICK PEDALS, ZILDJIAN, SABIAN, SALUDA, SUPERNATURALS, ASAPH, WUHAN, SILVERFOX, BUD LIGHT

dillinger12
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:27 am

my favorite ride is the one im currently using and its the K custom 22" dark ride, its almost perfect, has everything ones looking in a ride, great ping, bell, and crash
DolFan54
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:41 pm

My favorite ride was a 70's Paiste 22" Sound Creation Dark Ride. Like an idiot I sold it. I finally found a replacement that I actually like better. An 80's 18" Paiste Sound Creation Dark Ride. It's just the perfect ride for me.