Drummer Shoes

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

cherrygrca
new
new

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:58 am

I always play with either bare feet, or socks, whatever I have under my shoes. i got so used to play w/out shoes on when I used to play in my parents basement that my feet just feel fat and clunky when i try to hit the pedals with shoes on.
Iqa
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:22 am

I play with bare feet whenever I can. Otherwise I just play with whatever shoes I have on. I've played in 5 inch heels before and got a cramp halfway thru! Haha don't try it at home! :wink:
sharkscott
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:38 am

I've played in 5 inch heels before and got a cramp halfway thru! Haha don't try it at home!

You must be a Girl/Woman drummer..Very Cool! I have to admit that playing in heels seems nearly impossible. But then again, I play with my heels up so I guess it would not be that different. Not that I am going to go out and try it though..LOL!!
The only difference between Genius and Stupidity is, that Genius has its limits.
sideburnz37
new
new

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:07 am

This may sound kind of weird, but I actually wear a pair of Ugg "Scuff" slippers. I never liked the feel of playing barefoot and shoes always felt too heavy, so one day I tried my slippers and have been wearing them ever since. The drummer from Unearth (used to play in the Red Chord) wears those "aqua sock" things; I definitely want to try that sometime.
flipdrumma311
new
new

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:14 pm

I just play in socks. For some reason I get really good feel on the pedals, but I will play in skate type shoes if the gig calls for it, like if it's set other than my own. As for barefooted, I don't like doing that, more for like sanitary reasons due to friends playing on my set a lot. Hey, I don't know where those feet have been! LOL...
It wasn't right the FIRST time! Why the hell would you think it was right the next ten times?! GAH!!
Dale
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:36 pm

Socks, barefeet blah blah blah. Look guys, if you want to look cool and be comfortable, you can't go past these! They truly offer the very best of both worlds.

Seriously, where else can you get Italian style with built in shades???

They are my drumming shoes of choice!
Last edited by Dale on Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know what I'm talking about!

"Don't play FOR people. Play WITH people."
- Papa Jo Jones
Scott_Hurford
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:38 pm

Dale wrote:Socks, barefeet blah blah blah. Look guys, if you want to look cool and be comfortable, you can't go past these! They truly offer the very best of both worlds.

i must try them :D
Tama/Zildjian/Remo/Vater
www.myspace.com/scotthurford
Dale
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:42 pm

Scott_Hurford wrote:
Dale wrote:Socks, barefeet blah blah blah. Look guys, if you want to look cool and be comfortable, you can't go past these! They truly offer the very best of both worlds.

i must try them :D

You wont regret it. And they drive the ladies wild!!!

Don't believe me? LOOK!---> Image
I don't know what I'm talking about!

"Don't play FOR people. Play WITH people."
- Papa Jo Jones
Will
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:38 pm

Puma Cell
ilike2rock
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:39 pm

chucks are good because u can feel the pedal but i play heel up so i like either new balances or saconys. theyre both running shoes so theyre ment for goinging forward so when u play heel up theyre give u good balance and grip on the pedal
Will
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:41 pm

Scott_Hurford
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:33 pm

they are very good shoes to play in, their the same as converse, ans they are very comfortable to play in.
Tama/Zildjian/Remo/Vater
www.myspace.com/scotthurford
SkinsWood&Metal
new
new

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:58 pm

Bare Feet, sometimes socks.
Iqa
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:08 am

cute slippers!! Haha I have a pair of cow slippers. They have tails on each slipper :P
Will
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:36 am

Scott_Hurford wrote:they are very good shoes to play in, their the same as converse, ans they are very comfortable to play in.

Hahaha each to their own