Drummer Shoes

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

masonvonritchie
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:39 pm

My good ol' chucks haven't failed me yet. I think it's safe to say at this point that they're by majority the shoe of choice.. Not just for drummers but for all musicians. They're just.. classics.

But I got a pair of Adidas Sambas that I like too.
WANTED: Tama Starclassic B/B!

Pacific CX Series kit
Pork Pie Little Squealer 13x7
Zildjian A Customs, Z custom
Wuhan China
DW5002AD
BJGOV
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:27 am

I play in Onitsuka Tigers. I guess they are running shoes, I just bought them because I liked them. They work really well because they are super lightweight with good tread.

miranda
new
new

Post Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:35 am

Converse allllllll the way!
although...when i have a prac at school, i play in socks...darn school shoes are heavy and horrid to play in! :roll:
spudzzz
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:09 am

have to be bare feet - I drive in bare feet, drum in bare feet,

Shoes are the devils invention - REJECT THEM AT ALL COSTS
spud
Jiggarelli
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:01 am

Dance shoes work great if you have a black tie or a nice dress gig. Cappeizio makes great dance shoes, as I recall that is what the Vic Firth Dave Weckl drum shoes were designed after. Driving shoes are also good.
Just a word to the wise, if you are playing barefoot, and I used to do it all of the time, you may want to consider using a "grip peddler" pad on your pedals. You can cause permanent damage to your feet that could quite possibly shorten or prematurely end your drumming career. Plus it's a small investment in safety.
Jayson Asbury
For information regarding the products that I endorse please visit me on the web or on myspace @ www.myspace.com/jaysonasburydrummer
& @ www.jaysonasbury.com
Stick It!
cumndrum
new
new

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:54 am

i wear adidas sambas i love em. flat bottom and nice and light weight. plus they look cool. i know a lot of metal drummers that wear em too.
Max Cumstein
new
new

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:59 am

Adiddas Goodyear Racer Lowtops on Axis shorties with Wooden Iron Cobra beaters.[/img]
MYSPACE.COM/EMMURE
AugustHouseDrums
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:13 am

[quote="BJGOV"]I play in Onitsuka Tigers. I guess they are running shoes, I just bought them because I liked them. They work really well because they are super lightweight with good tread.

I play in the same shoes! They are awesome for drumming
ROTT3N
new
new

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:38 am

I play in wrestling shoes theY fit very good and almost seems as if your playing barefoot OR in sox they are so light.Peace and drums<ROTT3N :twisted:
BillRayDrums
Member Of The Year 2010
Member Of The Year 2010

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:34 am

I used to get all cosmic over that stuff.....been through the Capezio dancing shoes thing. They fall apart after about 10 gigs. Done the converse hi-tops. Not me. I just wear what I have on usually- a pair of black slip-on Timberland walkers. Very comfy and stylish (just had 'em shined in San Francisco on the street, a little Italian guy named Joe that talked my ear off but spent a good 15 minutes on the job- I tipped him an extra $5)

If I have my big 'ol boots on (Timberland Hi-tops) I take them off. I can also do bare feet but my feet sweat and they end up slipping around...ugh)

I like to playin my Ugg boots sometimes but the aftermath is alot of sweat and a pronounced funk eminating from my lowermost parts.

Bottom line is- don't worry so much about the attire you play in- this or that brand name or label doesn't make you a better drummer. Realizing that your primary function is to "draw the lines in the coloring book" does.
tabbott23
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:29 am

Onitsuka Tigers are great. Mexico 66 edition were originally made for a Japanese olympic fencer so they're tight, light and flexible! Also, any of the flat-soled Lacoste shoes are great.
Tama Starclassic drums
Proudly Endorse - BIGFOOT Beaters
Zildjian K + Avedis Cymbals
DW 5000 Pedals + 9000 Stands
VicFirth Sticks
REMO Heads
Chad Scott
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:06 am

I wear Diesel's, they are alot like Puma, Extreamly light weight and they grip like nothing else!!!!!!!
just another drummer who wants to become better,learn more and play more than most..
if you can help please do!!
bdadrummer
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:17 am

Socks. PLUS i live the feeling of the cool metal of the bass drum pedal on my foot xD
Peace Drums
Peace Pedals
Zildjian Cymbals
Peace Sticks
Peace Heads

I Would LOVE An Endorsement
sharkscott
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:46 am

I do not wear shoes when I play, only socks. I have two "Funk-Bump" covers on my bass drum pedals and I love them! They allow me to hook my toes over the bump and know exactly where my feet are on the pedal.

I used to slide all over the place but after I got the funk-bumbs I am a happy little drummer..ok maybe not little but still. :-)
The only difference between Genius and Stupidity is, that Genius has its limits.
Dale
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:50 am

I like to wear these because they are cool.

I don't know what I'm talking about!

"Don't play FOR people. Play WITH people."
- Papa Jo Jones