Drummer Shoes

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

sirstix
new
new

Post Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:01 pm

For me, wrestling shoes work the best... excellent ankle support and they aren't very heavy.

-N@To out
I'm big in Japan
mapexdrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:06 pm

just any ol pairs of shoes..but the ones that work best for the pedal work r my tennis shoes!!! nice and light!! :D
lets drum fast and sexy :]
elchris2k6
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:24 pm

adidas gazelles...by far the my favorite shoes to wear when im playing
markt36264
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:59 pm

Leather bottoms only. The lighter the better. I like the way leather slips on the foot boards. If my shoes get wet or sticky, I will find some dance wax, corn meal, or baby powder in the corner of the dance floor to get my shoes slipping again. If the dance floor doesn't have and powder, I will just wipe them off good on some carpet. I can't stand for my feet to stick to the pedals.

I wear Justin Ropers to every gig!
tamadrummer90
new
new

Post Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:39 pm

well, i use vans bonhams, they work great but idk if it's some psychological thing cuz of the name
Praying Hands
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:48 am

i`d suggest vision streetwear, thier originally for skating, but it feels great playing drums with em :)
Muley
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:07 pm

I were some type of VANS because they're easy to slip off when playing barefoot. I always play barefoot and have pedal board covers so they dont get cold and your feet wont slip. Now if for some odd reason I had to wear shoes it would be some type of wrestling shoe.
Fibes Custom Maple 8 Piece
Zildjian cymbals & effects
Aquarian Performance II heads
Force I & II Bass drum heads
DW9000 doubel & Hi-hat
1968 Ludwig champaign sparkle 5 piece
www.thehumancondition.us
www.myspace.com/thehumanspace
Marki777
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:14 pm

Well ive heard a few ideas about shoes and drumming. Some guys wear Dr. Martains Boots for playing in. These guys have there pedals tensioned very tight and the weight of the boot gives them more volume. But they go thru heads more oftin and wear out pedal parts sooner too.

Others say wearing dancing shoes is best with a hard sole on the like dress shoes. They play lots of shuffle beats and slide there foot up and down the foot board to play the quick doubles. Jeff Pocaro of Toto ( the Master of the shuffel beat) used this technique very well. Ive even heard Freddie Gruber, A very famous teacher in NY recomend these.

I myself will only play in a very old pair of gym shoes. Ive found that as the rubber in them gets old it hardens a bit and allows my foot not to be so grippy on the foot boards and my feet still be comfortable. That way i still can get a good groove going in my shuffle beats and still get good volume without so much effort.
Searah
new
new

Post Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:15 pm

Normally socks but I just bought a pair of black light-weight nylon velcro shoes I'm gonna try.
Jesse
new
new

Post Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:33 pm

I like to play barefoot but I rarely do anymore. Other than that converse are nice, but I still try to play in everything as so my foot doesn't become acustomed to one type of shoe. Its better to be able to play in anything..
XIxPxGX
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:37 pm

i play in socks at home and i wear my nike sb's when im playing a show they give me a nice feel i cant have something thats too grippy
Drum kit-pearl export select
Cymbals-sabian HH and aax
Pedal-single dw 5000
Heads
snare-evans genera hd dry
Toms-evans ec2 clear
Bass drum-Aquarian super kick 1 with evans pillow inside
Sticks-Vic Firth 5a
dougthedrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:43 pm

I have tried wearing "wrestling shoes" Those work pretty good.Or even better I like to play in my socks,but if I am playing somebody elses kit..I wear the shoes.
granny p
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:47 pm

you want some vans slip ons... nice and light without a really thick sole.... its just like playing in slippers
time to get funky, like a bow legged monkey
Calbanese
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:50 pm

Black Nikes WITH THE DOCTOR SCHOLLS GEL INSERTS!!!! omgg so comfy but they are all bruised and cut up from use... I wear them everywhere!
kit: Pearl Export
cymbs: Zildjian | Sabian
sticks: Vic Firth | Zildjian | Vater
'ware: Pearl
fullygrind
new
new

Post Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:01 pm

i Have and older pair of Nike indoor soccer shoes, and they are incredible. There very light weight, flexible soles and quite stylish..!
Grind On...!
Grind On....!