paiste 02' rock - your opinion?

Where to buy, how to cleaning etc...

Moderator: Moderators

stevo
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:12 pm

has anybody played the paiste 2002 rock series? im thinking about getting some crashes, a china, hats, and mabye (though i wanna try out the wild ride too) a ride.

i love the 2002 series, and im into alotta metal. i figure this will give me the rock sound without having to commit to Z's or Rudes.

how do they sound?
durablity?
as good as the other 02's?
hey whats up guys im doug.....FUCK!!!!!
loop
session drummer
session drummer

Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:58 am

Paiste 2002 rock series is a new name for Paiste Dimensions, but I haven't played any of those two so I can't tell you anythig more about them
dim my eyes if they should compromise
sharkscott
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:28 am

Get'em man, I play almost all 2002's and I am a pig in shit..mudd I mean.LOL!!

Seriously though, I still have a double pedal and I cut my long ass teeth( get it? long in the tooth?, oh I am good!) on all kinds of metal. I think they are the best. I only use the regular 2002's , I am playing more funk than metal these days.
The only difference between Genius and Stupidity is, that Genius has its limits.
dahlgrendrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:29 am

I use quite a few Dimensions power series which are the same as the 2002 Rock series. They are VERY durable, I've had one crash for two years now and it's still going strong, the power china I had lasted a year, pretty good life span for a china for me. They sound gourgeous recorded, go listen to my bands recording on our myspace, all the older material was done with Dimensions power crashes, splash, and hi-hats. IMO, the 2002 Power crashes are a little more musical then the Rock crashes.
Dale
session drummer
session drummer

Post Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:31 am

2002 are beautiful cymbals. I had some really nice 16 and 18" 2002 crashes over the years. I don't know if they differ to the newer models. I see someone said they are Dimensions? I don't know enough to confirm this but will take his word for it. Anyway, the 2002 crashes I had were the 'heavy' variety. I used them on rock shows, jazz and even a crappy Tom Jones style lounge act and they worked wonderfully every time. It's my feeling that you can't go wrong with any cymbal that has 2002 stamped on it.
I don't know what I'm talking about!

"Don't play FOR people. Play WITH people."
- Papa Jo Jones
ShadowDrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:26 pm

I own a Paiste 2002 24'Mega Power/Rock Bell Ride... The ping in that thing is KILLER!!!!!!!The freakin bell has to be at least 10inches.
Not sure about crashes or chinas really.
But that ride destroys,especially on a big stage or outdoors.

You could do a guitarist some bitter-sweet damage with that beast.
Pearl Drums

Paiste Cymbals

Vater Sticks

Evans Heads