Great remote hi hat devices

It's time to discuss drum accessories.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
loop
session drummer
session drummer
Posts: 848
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:30 am

Post Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:40 am

Qbs wrote:I love Bill's setup :) has anyone got any video of him playing on that setup?



I'd love to see it too!
dim my eyes if they should compromise
drumsobessed
beginner
beginner
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:59 pm

Post Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:42 am

loop wrote:
Qbs wrote:I love Bill's setup :) has anyone got any video of him playing on that setup?



I'd love to see it too!


yes. that would be awesome. :P
Image
trowa012000
beginner
beginner
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:39 am
Location: Denver, CO

Post Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:50 pm

I play with the DW 9000s and they are awesome. I have it between my 16'' and my snare so that I have Hats on both sides of my snare. It works well for me because i'm ambidextrous, but it doesn't work well for my drumming friends because they always hit it. I'll try to get some pictures as soon as i'm technologically savoy enough to figure out how to do it.
So many drums, So little time.
User avatar
loop
session drummer
session drummer
Posts: 848
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:30 am

Post Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:08 am

trowa012000 wrote:I play with the DW 9000s and they are awesome. I have it between my 16'' and my snare so that I have Hats on both sides of my snare. It works well for me because i'm ambidextrous, but it doesn't work well for my drumming friends because they always hit it. I'll try to get some pictures as soon as i'm technologically savoy enough to figure out how to do it.



Can't wait to see pics! I haven't decided yet(mainly because I don't have money atm, but whatever... ;) )
dim my eyes if they should compromise
moriturus82
new
new
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:20 am

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:49 am

For two months I will buy a remote hi hat. I wanted to buy a pearl RH2000, but something disturbed me ---> http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/showt ... p?t=156300 - broke remote cable - two times in one year!

Now im thinking about DW 9502LB, i'm think that this model will be good.
User avatar
m
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1231
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:13 pm
Location: Mobile/ATL/NOLA

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:53 am

moriturus82 wrote:For two months I will buy a remote hi hat. I wanted to buy a pearl RH2000, but something disturbed me ---> http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/showt ... p?t=156300 - broke remote cable - two times in one year!

Now im thinking about DW 9502LB, i'm think that this model will be good.


I've had my Pearl for over a year now, with no problems.
I also picked up a DW remote recently, and comparing the two I don't see/feel a HUGE difference. Either one would be a good choice.
With any gear, there is the possibility of failure. One or two reports of problems shouldn't necessarily scare you off. If it was a known/common problem, then I'd be worried- but I know lots of folks using the Pearl unit without problems.
Rockula!
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1053
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:56 am
Location: Dallas Texass

Post Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:38 am

Here are a couple of configurations where I use a cable hi hat in the middle plus an additional one (I am left handed)
[img][img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p69/Rockulaproductions/overrockula.jpg[/img][/img]
[img][img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p69/Rockulaproductions/middledown.jpg[/img][/img]
[img][img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p69/Rockulaproductions/drumkit0203.jpg[/img][/img]
You say irritant, I say catalyst